[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 23 and finally taking driving lessons. Do some of you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: 130410-var-iceage.jpg (303 KB, 794x529) Image search: [Google]
130410-var-iceage.jpg
303 KB, 794x529
I'm 23 and finally taking driving lessons. Do some of you take their cars and drive at random sometimes? Does it make you feel better, forget about your issues and regrets?
>>
File: sad_frog2.jpg (13 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
sad_frog2.jpg
13 KB, 227x222
>tfw posting a gay faggot (nohomo) picture ruined your thread
>>
>>24169300
no, the thread was ruined because everyone here is underage and from reddit
>>
>>24169347
Fugg :DDDD
>>
>>24169300
no I fucking hate driving

and yes I ignored your thread because I figured it would be faggot shit
>>
>>24169416
That's rude.
>>
No I get nervous driving and its all country lanes around here where one car has to give way so not very relaxing.
>>
>>24169853
Thanks for your input. Sadly I won't be confident too at first to relax I guess... still daydream about driving a car while listening to music in the night.
>>
Driving is scary as fuck. How did you guys find the courage to learn it? Seriously, talking to women is easy in comparison to that.
>>
File: 1417354389969.png (407 KB, 4500x4334) Image search: [Google]
1417354389969.png
407 KB, 4500x4334
>failed 1st driving test
>2nd attempt tomorrow
>>
>>24170038
not really, you get used to it at some point

>failed 4 driving tests
>passed in my fifth attempt

Anyhow, sometimes I randomly take my car and head somewhere without looking at where I'm going. After 30 minutes or so, I turn on my navigation and head back home. I find driving a car very relaxing. Especially midnight.
>>
The whole fear of driving thing seems to be very common with robots. I suffer from it too, i think its mostly because i see myself as a danger to others. I dont sweat often but when i do im driving ;_;

>tfw someone honks at you and you didnt even know what you did wrong
>>
>>24169166
>Do some of you take their cars and drive at random sometimes?
No. I need a reason to go out. Driving by itself I don't really find fun. Unfortunately I don't have much reasons to go out.

>Does it make you feel better, forget about your issues and regrets?
No.

Sometimes on a deserted road it's fun to accelerate and fantasise about driving into a wall, though.
>>
Passed on the 2nd attempt

Do it, its worth it.
>>
>>24170174
I justified not taking lessons with that and actually had the opposite problems when taking lessons which was that I couldn't give a fuck about my mistakes and when I did dangerous stuff.
>>
File: pepe24.jpg (14 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
pepe24.jpg
14 KB, 251x242
Driving stresses me the fuck out. Last time I was out on a necessary grocery run I almost rear ended a car and almost sideswiped another. I have no idea how people can make it seem so easy. I got my license when I was 21 and I'm 24 now. It should be easier but it fucking isn't.
>>
I used to go for drives for fun. Now I live in the city. There's too much traffic everywhere and my commute is 40 minutes. I can't relax behind the wheel anymore.
>>
File: h3h3.png (234 KB, 585x420) Image search: [Google]
h3h3.png
234 KB, 585x420
>>24169166
just got my driving licence a few days ago. One of the few times I felt I got something done.
>>
File: 1432070182790.jpg (46 KB, 331x391) Image search: [Google]
1432070182790.jpg
46 KB, 331x391
>>24169166
no
i meditate
>>
>>24169166
I really enjoy driving when the streets are empty
even if I'm just going the speed limit, I just take in all the night light colors, the dim yellow street lights, the traffic lights bright red and green

it's just /comfy/ especially if it's cold outside
>>
>>24169166
i did when i was a late teen and my parents were screaming at each other.

i don't have money for gas now, though.
>>
I just passed my test and I'm nervous as fuck about driving on my own.

>hill start at traffic lights with a car behind you

I'm sweating even thinking about it.
>>
Is it easy to pass if you have only driven a bit?
>>
>>24169166
Yes. It's a comfy and introspective feel. Sometimes I have long conversations with myself. And some of those times I guess I kind of imagine being a parent and how I would explain something to my child. Always wondered whether anybody else did that.
>>
>>24170709
Most people need a good bit of practice before taking the test, lessons by themselves are not enough. It depends on how good you are, and how confident. Also

>driving when it's wet and windy, especially at night

It doesn't much comfier.
>>
>>24169166
I'd like to do this, but i don't know where to go.

Often, because i'm focused on the road.
>>
>tfw you get so nervous your left leg starts to shake

Makes using the clutch interesting to say the least.
>>
what's the deal with these normies? They're not going places
>>
>>24169166
I do. But i am too anxious to do anything without my mommy, so mommy seats next to me when i'm doing this.

I find it quite relaxing and exciting at teh same time, but it will never be as relaxing as it could be, due to my mom's presence next to me.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.