[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Motherbot here. I found this forum a few weeks ago while searching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: baby-bar-headed-goose-499x333.jpg (54 KB, 499x333) Image search: [Google]
baby-bar-headed-goose-499x333.jpg
54 KB, 499x333
Motherbot here. I found this forum a few weeks ago while searching for information about my sons conditions. I don't know if he posts here but it has been very illuminating to see inside the world of people just like him. His psychiatrist feels he has schizoid /schizotypal pd and autistic traits. My son has never worked and never claimed any benefits and we support him fully and wholly in every aspect of his life .He does not go out at all except to walk the puppy we bought him to encourage him .He has not washed or cut his hair or shaved his beard in years .When I said we need to get him help as he will end up homeless when we are not here ,he said "yes I know " heartbreaking. What would you people in similar situations suggest is the best way for me to help my son get help? I really appreciate any input you might have on this from your unique perspectives.
>>
suck his cock lady
>>
>>24167661
fixes a man 10/10 times
>>
>>24167646
There's no saving him.
>>
Stop enabling him and get him treatment.

Especially if he has autistic traits. Should have been on that since he was a child. But better later than never.
>>
>>24167852
This.
>go to the fuse box and cut the electricity to his room
>take the power cords from his devices (tv, computer)
Then maybe give him a $20 gift card to jc penny and tell him to get himself a button up shirt. Something like that will give him a sense of adult freedom and build his self-esteem.
>>
>>24167852
>>24167966
these
make sure that it's a gift card or he'll blow the money on something else
trust me, my brother's done it plenty of times
>>
File: golden_continuum.jpg (609 KB, 1860x862) Image search: [Google]
golden_continuum.jpg
609 KB, 1860x862
>>24167966
>Then maybe give him a $20 gift card to jc penny and tell him to get himself a button up shirt. Something like that will give him a sense of adult freedom and build his self-esteem.
>buying a button up shirt is now building one's self-esteem and a display of adult freedom
>>
>>24168011
>>buying a button up shirt is now building one's self-esteem and a display of adult freedom
It sure as hell is when you're coming from being a homestuck slob for years.
>>
>motherbot
Not something I was expecting to read today
>>
>>24168011
>not knowing broken windows theory

plebbest of plebs
>>
>>24168056
>>motherbot
>>implying

"Hey I'll just use the lingo of this board in an attempt to ingratiate myself without bothering to understand what it means"

There you have it gentlemen: women in a nutshell.
>>
>>24168087
yeah "botmother" would be more accurate
>>24167646
OP fuck you it's all your fault for not raising your son properly you roastie single mother whore
>>
>>24167646
Don't seek serious advice on 4chan. Good luck in your future endeavors
>>
File: 1442791703973.png (93 KB, 250x282) Image search: [Google]
1442791703973.png
93 KB, 250x282
>>24167646
Not trying to help him is the best help.
Trying to help him will only make his problems worse.
I know this from personal experience.
>>
>>24167646

I don't know if there's much you can do if your son doesn't want to change. When I was NEET for some months after school my mother constantly pressured me to get a job and basically made my life hell, so I was kinda forced to do something to get work. But you probably don't want to do that to your son and perhaps it wouldn't work considering his condition.
>>
>>24168073
What what?
>>
feed im in form of gift cards.USE good boy points.
>>
>>24168294
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_windows_theory
>>
>>24167646
Your son is probably in need of stationary psychiatric help. His condition seems to be much worse than the average poster's.
>>
>>24167646
i honestly would suggest what might work for me. first, rent a small studio apartment for your son so he can learn to live independently. at least you know he's not homeless

provide him with a bit of money to pay basic bills. he will teach him some budget and money handling.

third. let go. you can't hold his hand all his life.
>>
>>24168598
My parents did that with me. Now I'm stuck in this apartment and have been for four years.
>>
>>24167646
>doesn't teach child skills to become and independent adult
>just expects them to magically figure that out (or even want to)
You reap what you sow, lady. You are partially to blame.
>>
>>24168833
Lol such bullshit
>>
File: sticking-your-head-in-sand.gif (66 KB, 575x275) Image search: [Google]
sticking-your-head-in-sand.gif
66 KB, 575x275
>>24168909
>Lol such bullshit
oh you...
>>
>>24168833
this

teach him now how to be an adult they have centers for it i think but for like crazy people

maybe send him to one of those to try to learn life skills he missed out on?
>>
>>24169011
Actually one of my good friends that I've known since childhood went to one after highschool. It was at our park district fitness center.

Basically he would just hang out there all day and do workshops on how to be a responsible organized independent adult while working out in between. They'd take field trips to the grocery store and learn to budget, build a resume.

That was a few years ago and now he's pretty independent (other than living at home and working minimum wage).
>>
The greatest help you can give him is eternal silence. Poison his food and end his suffering. There's no real escape from this life but death. It's like a song that plays in your head nonstop and eats away at your sanity and mind
>>
>>24167646
GOOD BOY POINTS
>>
>>24167966
>trading all of his things and able to learn stuff for a button-up shirt.
>>
>>24167646
From another autistic schizoid, you can't help him. If he wants to help himself, he will; if not, he won't. The best thing you can do is to give him his space.
>>
botmom, could you post some pictures of him or you or both?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.