[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you do when you're too depressed to play vidya or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: 1390238663487.jpg (202 KB, 794x732) Image search: [Google]
1390238663487.jpg
202 KB, 794x732
What do you do when you're too depressed to play vidya or watch animu? The all-consuming apathy is frankly very boring.
>>
>>24167076
Smoke weed tbqhwu familia
>>
>>24167076
Lay on the bed or shitpost.
>>
>>24167076
Tutorials on youtube, no thinking required just follow along, pick a skill and learn it.
>>
Know that feel bro. Slept 12 hours last night and have just been shitposting Malaysian basket-weaving boards since.
>>
>tfw permanently bored by vidya and animeshit
>there's nothing to fill the void
>>
>>24167076
at that point philosophy becomes therapeutic
>>
I get drunk and lay around on the floor until I black out or pass out which ever comes first. Meanwhile I tend to shitpost or write crappy poetry. Sometimes I play music or try to watch a movie.
>>
File: BCgljY0G20D67iBEC1GG.png (133 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
BCgljY0G20D67iBEC1GG.png
133 KB, 250x250
>>24167090
Can't, am at extremely high risk for developing schizophrenia already due to shit genes
I really don't wanna go down the road of drinking alone regularly either, though, already got drunk last weekend by myself
>>
>>24167244
can you recommend anything in particular? short articles preferable because i don't have the focus to go through tl;dr shit right now
>>
>>24167244
>tfw dropped out of philosophy uni because I just couldn't concentrate on reading a book anymore
Alcohol just makes me sadder, angrier and hornier than usual plus it has a chance to give me a headache.
Weed is almost the same and I can't afford it at the moment. I'm a little afraid to try harder stuff but I probably won't refuse it if given the chance.
Music is probably the only thing that puts me in a decent state of mind. But lately I've been experimenting with such stupid shit that i often wonder what the fuck am I listening to and why am I enjoying it. Kind of a blogpost but whatever
>>
>>24167076

Meditate.

Focus on your breath, right where it enters the rings of your nostrils.
>>
>>24167286
Share some of your shitty poets ! Are you doing them when you get wasted ?
>>
I take St. John's wort and hope for the best
>>
>>24167821
I can relate. My favorite band right now is Mr. Bungle, whenever I actually bother to listen to music that is, which is getting rarer every day.

>>24167844
I've tried this in the past, but the only thing it really helped with was relaxing. Does it do anything at all for total apathy?
>>
>>24167113
>pick a skill and learn it
Yeah, 'cause it's not like it takes years and years to learn a skill or anything.
>>
>>24167844
I tried this but every time I did all the fucked up images and bad memories came back and ruined the experience. For this reason I constantly need a distraction such as music, vidia, a movie, a book, let's plays or anything really or else I remind myself of all the stupid things I did or why planet Earth is such a shitty place to live in.

>>24167877
Mr. Bungle is nice, they remind me of Mercury Rev a little. Lately I got into lolicore but the genre is split into decent songs and pure garbage.
>>
>>24168285
You should remember that the past can't be changed only the future.
>>
>>24167076
fap

and think of creative ways to beat the robot
>>
File: 1428234971435.gif (2 MB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1428234971435.gif
2 MB, 750x750
>>24167905
>takes years and years

The times gonna pass either way, anon.

You can come out of it with a new skill. Or you can come out of it being exactly the same.

The choice is yours.
>>
>>24167076
absolutely nothing
i stay in bed and try to sleep
>>
>>24168459
just took some sleep medication here
another day wasted
i hope ill at least not space out at school tomorrow
>>
>>24167110
This tbqh family
Feeding robo
>>
>>24167076
Exercise

Your an animal, all humans are and in order to obtain true happiness your body must be happy

Don't exercise for others or a fictitious "waifu", do it for yourself

You have all this time robot go run or jog a few laps around town, don't go too far out of your comfort zone.

Start today START RIGHT NOW

>tfw a fellow anon is hurting and all you can try to do is give motivational advice
>I'll never know if my words ever got to you
>>
>>24168721

see
>>24168559
i need to sleep because i gotta stay awake at my lecture and lab tomorrow mate

but i'll promise to work out in some way tomorrow anon
>>
>>24168328
I am aware of this but the past still bothers me. The fact that it can't be changed makes things worse.
>>
File: 1444645389640.jpg (264 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1444645389640.jpg
264 KB, 1080x1080
I still have 2 friends and really don't know if I should tell them about how I feel sometimes.

Cigs & beer won't do the job aswell
>>
File: pepe56.jpg (29 KB, 627x627) Image search: [Google]
pepe56.jpg
29 KB, 627x627
I go to the ABC liquor store, pick up something strong and cheap, and drink myself into oblivion so I don't have to cope with thoughts.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.