[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is 22 still young? I haven't made anything of myself yet.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: gpZwR.png (29 KB, 591x422) Image search: [Google]
gpZwR.png
29 KB, 591x422
Is 22 still young? I haven't made anything of myself yet. Am I too late? I still have 2 years of school left and I am worried about finding a good job. Am I going to be a loser forever?
>>
>>24164516

Forget about success, find a /comfy/ job instead.

I get paid more than enough to live to do almost nothing most days. I also get over a month of paid vacation a year and good benefits.

I'm not a success but I'm content and that's better.

College was pretty much a waste though since this job doesn't require a degree but whatever, at least I have it.
>>
>>24164545
where do u work?
>>
>>24164572

I'm a clerk in a state hospital.
>>
>>24164585
Shit son you're miles ahead of me
>22 year old college dropout who hasn't been able to hold even a shitty retail job for more than a year
If I don't manage to get some kind of traction by the time I'm 25 I'm finally gonna kill myself.
>>
>>24164516
35 here, same situation. Am I still young?
>>
>>24164545
You get it more than 95% of people. Normies complain about the amount of money they make because they have weird spending habits, you don't even need that much to live comfortably.
>>
>>24164516
>normalfag in school asking if its too late
>>
>>24164516
Well son, by the time I was your age I was the manager of a car dealership, I was married, owned my own house and had two children.

I started working there when I was 18 as a salesman, walked right in and asked to talk to the manager, gave him a firm handshake and looked him right in the eye and he hired me right on the spot. I worked hard and always showed up on time, they promoted me to manager by my third year, kids like you these days don't know the meaning of hard work and act like you are entitled to everything, that's why you will never make it and are still a loser, suck it up and get to work.
>>
>>24165211
why are you still on 4chan?
>>
>>24165702
it amuses me to watch losers like you cry about how much their life sucks, it gives me a raging boner to know how much superior my life is over yours.
>>
>>24165211
We are one of the first generations to be worse off than our parents.
>>
>>24165211
Shit, you're right. I need to get to work. Though I find it hard to work when I barely have time left next to my study.

>>24164516
OP don't worry. I will finish my BS (Software Engineering) at the same age as you do. I've got plenty more knowledge than other students do and honestly, I think that I will be highly more successful at finding a job than the other students even though I'm just a few years older than the rest.
>>
>>24165783
so? cry about it some more, or go out and improve your life, which one of these will actually make a difference?
>>
>>24165211

I have been "working hard" for 7 years. I show up on time, every time and still my salary is below poverty level. I have had to frugally save my money and now make a bit more due to wise investments but my "hard work" still is worth nothing to most people
>>
>>24165873
stand up for yourself. some bosses are dickheads. stick that ice cone up in your ass and tell your boss you wish to qualify yourself for a promotion or a raise in your salary.
>>
>>24164516
You've got 3 years left in you before you're no longer considered young. Shit's going to get exponentially harder after that. Don't flunk two years in a row anon.
>>
>>24165897

I have and it lead me to just leaving the company. It just sucks that I have to invest 2 years of work before I realize it's a waste of time
>>
>>24165955
sorry to hear that bro. hopefully you find a better company to work for, next time.
>>
>>24164516
22 is still very young. People live to be over four times that.
>>
>>24165955
>>24165897
Some bosses are dickheads until you stand up for yourself. Others are just straight up power tripping deluded kike faggots.
>>
File: 1447170179036.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1447170179036.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>24164516
It's pretty young in my book. You have still a few years in front of you. Of course, you can also be a late bloomer.
>>
>>24165955
Keep applying to other jobs and jump ship when you accept an offer. Jobs are like women: you get more offers when you already have one.
>>
>>24164585
I would kill to get this job. What was your major in college? I'm in grad school for PT right now but going to fail out this semester because I hate it. My bachelors is in health science aka generic shit.
>>
>>24164585
How can you get that job without an education?
>>
>be 31
>old Jamaican dudes still call me "young man"
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.