[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ADHD has an evolutionary advantage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: adhd.png (99 KB, 630x353) Image search: [Google]
adhd.png
99 KB, 630x353
As ADHD is common, natural selection likely favored the traits, at least individually, and they may have provided a survival advantage.[74] For example, some women may be more attracted to males who are risk takers, increasing the frequency of genes that predispose to ADHD in the gene pool.[75] As it is more common in children of anxious or stressed mothers, some argue that ADHD is an adaptation that helps children face a stressful or dangerous environment with, for example, increased impulsivity and exploratory behavior.[76]

who /adhd/ here
>>
>2015
>not abusing that sweet Adderall script
>>
>>24164407
i use Adderall, but it doesn't help my ADHD

it doesn't take away my random trains of thought, my disorganization, my impulsiveness, etc

it just makes me really motivated to do shit, and really happy for a while
>>
>>24164397
Reporting in. ADHD is best mental illness.
>>
>>24164397
ADHD bro here. Shit sucks when trying to meditate or listen to music or do anything for an extended time really.
>>24164426
this
>>
>>24164427
>>24164443
i have trouble socializing with my friends. they get annoyed because i can't stay on topic for shit, and I always try to explain them stuff but they never get it because I can't explain it right

I have the thought, it just comes out all jumbled up when I express it in words. in elementary school, they used to write on my report cards that I had great ideas but I was just awful at putting them on paper
>>
>>24164478
I have a fear of crowds. I'm fine with one on one conversations and small groups, but any more than four people and I'm the fuck outta there.
>>
>took adderall every day for 3 years
>on days where i would forget it, i would be so fucked
>exhausted
>braindead
>could not function
>almost fell asleep while driving once
I came off my adderall this summer, but I'm still collecting the script. It took over a month for my sleep cycles to "normalize" and for me to start feeling semi-normal without it, and even now I usually sleep until 1 or 2pm and only get up for necessary work/school. Does anyone else feel this way? I want to start taking it again so I can actually get some school work done, but I'm scared of the weird dependency where I literally could not function without it. But without it I honestly do nothing, I don't even try anymore.
>>
>>24164397
Those fancy words just mean they have more children than normal people.
>>
ADHD is caused by the high carb consumption that most modern people engage in. ADHD and epilepsy are, strangely enough, closely linked in the brain. People who have ADHD and/or epilepsy benefit dramatically from carb restrictive, ketogenic diets. How do I know? Well, let's just say I'm no longer an ADHD retard
>*tips fedora and vanishes*
>>
>>24164426
You're very likely misdiagnosed, then. Possibly schizophrenia. Ask your doctor for antipsychotics and see if that helps.
>>
>>24164624
lol nigga you aren't my psychiatrist

i don't think i'm misdiagnosed, i just don't have the right type of ADHD for Adderall. I think I'm probably depressed, I have all the symptoms of a dopamine deficiency. I assume my body compensates through hyperactivity and restless leg syndrome.

I have decent intelligence, but I have awful concentration. My working memory is also finicky. In 8th grade, I was like 95th percentile in intelligence, but in 10th grade I tested at 75th percentile, which the psychologist attributed to my lack of attention.
>>
>>24164610
my mom has the same symptoms as me, and she grew up in a village in a third world country
>>
>>24164769
So what's your point?
>>
>>24164861
Fine, i'll bite.

>If a green grocer gives me 500 apples
This is the american population right?
>X amount are men
>X amount are women
>X amount are poor
>X amount are rich
>All of them have different ethnicities
>All of them are not able to get discovered as equally

>Multiply that by 5
>Still the same amount of people with ADHD
>Still not the point

Point is, for the millionth fucking time, is that
>>
>>24164895
Jeez, your ADHD must be at full tard levels. Your post is nonsense.
>>
File: 1430139743719.jpg (39 KB, 492x388) Image search: [Google]
1430139743719.jpg
39 KB, 492x388
>evolutionary psychology
>>
>>24164977
what are you implying exactly
>>
>>24166327
not him but probably that it's nothing but unsubstantiated speculation that can't be proven.
>>
>>24164478
>>24164426
Ive been putting off help for years now because I didnt want people to think I'm retarded for possibly having adhd

What do I do if I cant get help? For the last 3 years my head feels like its been on fire and I'm starting to notice it more each month. I tried weed and it helped at first but after a while the shit just slows my body down and keeps my brain at 200% so it feels like I'm at the mercy of racing thoughts until I can move again.

It makes suicide seem very viable
>>
FUCK I'm on MPH and Atomexatine. I just want to try dex ffs!
>>
>>24167162
Wtf why would people think you're retarded for having adhd? It's such a mainstream disease. Like literally no social stigma comes with taking meds for adhd. If anything you just have to deal with people trying to hit you up for your pills which is annoying.
>>
>>24168195
I dont know why. Its just the way people look at you for not being normal here

My teachers thought I were in between retarded and smart.
My old man probably thought I were retarded during the 3 times hes seen me.

Only my principal seen through my shit and he called it out when i were 13. My mom didn't listen because Muh only gifted child cant possibly be flawed. My mom would always make it seem like medication or help would make me seem stupid so I did my best to hide it. Now the retard takes meds herself for similar problems and still thinks I'm alright.

I use to think people with this problem were mentally challenged like my younger brother. Having went to a shit school they didnt teach us anything worth anything so no one really knew how to handle it.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.