[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2015 >expect a college degree can still get you a stable job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 12
File: 5465487657567.jpg (67 KB, 540x534) Image search: [Google]
5465487657567.jpg
67 KB, 540x534
>2015
>expect a college degree can still get you a stable job
>>
File: 1444379880793.png (688 KB, 460x628) Image search: [Google]
1444379880793.png
688 KB, 460x628
>went to college
>got a stable job

Seems to have worked for me.
>>
jokes on you i'm about to drop out anyway.
>>
>>24163794
Just don't pick something shit, then go back and do something that you wanna do.
>>
File: sad-00016.png (169 KB, 363x270) Image search: [Google]
sad-00016.png
169 KB, 363x270
>tfw I'm literally too stupid to do college
>>
It's gotten me 3 different stable jobs in the last 2 years.
>>
>>24163866
>3 jobs in 2 years

Thats not a stable career path you dumb fuck
>>
>>24163866
>3 stable jobs
>two years
I don't understand
>>
>>24163879
>>24163881

That's the joke you spergs
>>
File: 6C8403152-130726-sopranos-11a.jpg (711 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
6C8403152-130726-sopranos-11a.jpg
711 KB, 1280x960
The only thing college gave me was a lot of debt.

Considering suicide is now my primary activity after searching unsuccessfully for a job for 2 years.
>>
>>24163794
I wish I lived in America I just want a comfy netflix customer service job.
>>
>>24163901
Your degree will be useful eventually. I hope you were applying all around the country and not just where you live as well.
>>
File: dearlord.gif (137 KB, 659x576) Image search: [Google]
dearlord.gif
137 KB, 659x576
>>24163943

I have a public administration degree from a very low-tier college and no professional experience in my field. Currently working on getting an internship, but there are no fucking promises.

You probably thought I had a useful degree. Sorry to disappoint you, anon, I'm a retard.
>>
>>24163977
At least you were smart enough to go through college.
I dropped out of community college because the math was too hard and now I make $12k a year living in my family's basement.
>>
File: 1443899689656.jpg (77 KB, 543x700) Image search: [Google]
1443899689656.jpg
77 KB, 543x700
>People willingly go thousands of dollars into debt so they can have a piece of paper and relive highschool
>>
>>24163997

That's kind of you to say, anon, but trust me, you probably made the right decision. I barely passed my math classes, but made it through because of the shockingly low standards my professors had. I don't think I'm even clever enough to hold a professional job at this point. Everything since graduation has been a pathetic downward spiral.

I don't even make 5k a year at the age of 25, and I still live with my parents. The only difference is I'm on the main floor, in my childhood bedroom.
>>
>>24164038
Why don't you take the internship? That's one of the things a lot of college students seem to neglect. If you don't have experience why would anyone hire you? Go into an internship and get the experience. Sure it sucks but you'll get a cozy job if keep trying to get your foot in the door.
I don't have a degree of any kind, so I don't really have a future.
>>
Depends on what you do. Literally every single person from my master's had multiple job offers the day they graduated and companies constantly come here trying to snatch us.

Applied mathematics with specialization in programming and financial mathematics here.
>>
Why would I want a stable job? I hate horses.
>>
>>24164057

I will, assuming I get it. That's what I meant by there are no guarantees. I've been out of school for a few years now. I'm pretty much out of time, and it's getting scary as fuck.

I was an idiot to not get one while I was attending, but I'm doing what I can to fix it right now. I'm trying to channel this hatred of my life into career experience, because I'm really sick of feeling like a loser.
>>
>>24164063
Some of us are too stupid for math though.
>>
File: kdinb.gif (494 KB, 500x323) Image search: [Google]
kdinb.gif
494 KB, 500x323
>>24164069
>>24164069
WELL DONE FRIEND!
>>
>>24163794
Having connections is more important tbqh, but you need both.

If you don't have any connections in the field you went to school for, finding work is pretty hard. But, if you have connections, but no education outside of high school, it will still be hard to get a job. You pretty much need both in 2015 if you want a stable job.
>>
>>24164088
Then do law or medicine, it's the same situation. STEM, medicine and law will guarantee you a job.
>>
>Well I got my degree time to hit the job market.
>Better start out low and build a career.
>Junior or assistant positions would be best.
>Minimum of 3 years experience required.
>Well fuck.
>>
>>24164139

Medicine will guarantee you a job.

For law, it depends on the school, your grades, etc. The glut of lawyers in the US is massive.

For STEM, it really depends on what you studied, and whether or not you're going to grad school or not.

Seriously, the whole thing is just utterly fucked, no matter what you study anyway.
>>
>>24164181
Eh I'm european so might be different here.
>>
>>24164231

Oh. In that case, no worries. You actually have a reasonable higher education system instead of a predatory government finance scheme, unlike the US.
>>
>>24164139
Law and Medicine require you to be at least somewhat intelligent. You're greatly under-estimating how stupid I am.

>STEM, medicine and law will guarantee you a job.
STEM does not guarantee you a job, just ask anyone who went into Physics and is in limbo waiting to get tenured.
>>
Losing hope.

>work out of highschool because fuck-up NEET dad.
>lose house me, mom and sister move to apartment.
>I have enough fiancial aid to go to a community college if I commute.
>Mom decides to move to another state just to get away from him.
>I'll have nowhere to live.
>"mom pls stay--just wait a bit and I'll get a good degree and we'll be set."
>get outvoted by mom and sister.
>we move and I lose three semesters because we went to couple places with no schools before getting close enough to a community college.
>that's okay, I'm happy to help my mom.
>finally get close enough to a school. >Same shit, commute and only take a couple classes because out of state tuition.
>after 3 years I finely work my way through my general education reqs.
>take huge loan to go to the only university within commuter range.
>1 semester in. "We're moving back in February"
>No, stop. Please, just wait.
>"Don't worry, anon, we'll save money and you can go to school back home"
>You never save money. And do you even know what out of state tution is like?
>she's going anyway. And there is no way I'll ever be able to afford to live here by myself.

Welp. What is the easiest trade to get into on short notice? I don't have a truck.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 600x600
>start working a great job
>get along with the people there
>feel like a part of the team even though im just starting
>pay is stellar (for a summer job lel)
>boss seems to like me
>people saying that i should just fuck school and stay in that job
>dream of working there myself
>fill out wrong insurance form
>company gets hit by a huge fine
>everybody mad at me, calling me a retard for nat asking for help when filling out the form
>there goes my career prospects
>>
Not even stem is useful anymore. Almost everyone goes through uni and it has a 60% dropout rate. They shill so hard for you to go so you rack up a tonne of debt then drop
>>
File: 1444178413881.jpg (68 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1444178413881.jpg
68 KB, 640x640
>tfw in college because mom is a professor and we live in the same city as uni, but I don't know what the fuck I'm doing here
>>
>>24163794
Is art school good?
really want to sign in, but is it worth it?
I could go to higher tier colleges but I'm scared of being too lazy to get masters.
>>
>not just living a life of poverty and working at Mcdonalds your entire life

if i never plan on being in a relationship or reproducing, there's no reason for me to ever have a career or a house. i can just rent an apartment my entire life and take the bus everywhere.
phone and cable are bundled together now, so there's no reason to have a cell phone.

i'm too far gone, no one will ever want to be with me at this point.
>>
>>24164275
Physics and math are special cases because their academic communities actively deceive children with fake job prospects. Or they assume you'll have a soft skill like programming and talk about code jobs as math/physics jobs.

It's absolutely disgusting. At least chemistry is honest.
>>
>>24164455
How can you afford to rent an apartment when you work at McDonalds?
>>
>>24164488
live with a roommate. i can afford a one bedroom apartment, but i will have almost no luxury money, hence, living a life of poverty.
>>
>>24164401
Don't go to art school go to art.
>>
File: nope-00023.jpg (163 KB, 708x686) Image search: [Google]
nope-00023.jpg
163 KB, 708x686
>>24164510
>Live with a roommate
Are you serious?
>>
>>24164455
I'm expecting something like this too if I fail to get a decent job. A degree doesn't mean shit if I'm useless and terribly unsocial.
>>
>>24164455
This will be me
Soon.
>>
>>24164510
>tfw you don't have to live with a roommate

Oh god it's glorious, you have no idea how nice it is to live completely alone.
>>
>>24164533
if my roommate is as shit-tier as i am then there won't be any problems
the problem is when you get one that thinkss they are the best human being since fucking John Wayne and wants to start imposing their bullshit on you.
>>
>>24163901
What does the government do regarding debts if people kill themselves

Imagine what the world would be like if every debt slave decided to off themselves

Kings would have no one feeding them

Do it, get everyone in debt to do it

The banks will have no one working for their lazy asses
>>
>>24164455
>tfw people constantly looking down on you
>tfw you can seriously take it easy with no debt earning minimum wage, eating free food and playing Vidya in your spare time

It's fucking perfect, NORMIE look down on you but deep down you are free

They're in chains
>>
>>24164765
They went to college and did all that shit, they have debt and whatnot
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.