[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw 19 and took a year off after school to work >work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 848128487.jpg (30 KB, 608x433) Image search: [Google]
848128487.jpg
30 KB, 608x433
>tfw 19 and took a year off after school to work
>work at a grocery store stocking shelves
>make ~$25,500/yr
>tfw wouldn't even care if I just said fuck it and did this and to hell with college
>tfw zero ambition, just like browsing 4chan and playing games and anime
>essentially an autsitic weebo

Is there anything wrong with this? I mean I don't buy anything right now, no car and no shitty habits to chew money.
I would try to NEET but I'm not sure how easy that is in my country.

Who else is employed like this here?
>>
File: 1439833082959.jpg (19 KB, 480x466) Image search: [Google]
1439833082959.jpg
19 KB, 480x466
>>24155207
bumperin0
>>
Dude, OP, congratulations.

I work in law and make ~$40,000/yr. When I was a doing a professional job before that, I was basically making $23,000/yr. Granted, I was in college at the time, but still. For you to be out and doing that shit? Impressive, but not something that I would make the extent of my potential.

Always aim higher, but do feel comfortable giving yourself time now. Just be mindful you don't give yourself so much time that time itself passes you by. My career, while prestigious, isn't the pinnacle of what one can do in law. And all I have is a BA. While laudable, I know I can do more too.
>>
File: squid_girl.gif (485 KB, 440x250) Image search: [Google]
squid_girl.gif
485 KB, 440x250
>>24155322
I'm just afraid that by the time I decide, it'l be too late and I won't be in the best position for my chocie, but alas.

Thanks. I know I can probably do better, but at least I have what I have now so far
>>
your story reads almost exactly like mine. except i was a cart pusher for a couple years before getting into semiconductor industry. making 45,000 a year now and about to be making 62,000 in 6 months.
>>
>>24155207
bro stay there and in 4-5 you can be like a shift supervisor making 45,000
>>
>>24155396
Well I know if I ever could take the department managers job eventually it's about 39k/yr...

That's not even bad in any way, just uncertain and lots of time for it
>>
>>24155458
well, ok you make the 39 a year at 25-26. buy a studio apt and chill. You can't really transfer many places seeing as you only have a diploma. But, if you go Uni route, it takes a lot of time and you have to be smart. Or just stick with making what you have and live with your mom until she dies and take her house.
>>
>>24155396
>>24155458

you know the merchandisers, the vendors that come in those stores and merchandise their products, make more than that
>>
>>24155207
>stocking shelves
>make ~$25,500/yr
You must be Aussie or something or going by gross income because that would never happen in the states. Full-time grocery is about 16-18k net annually.
>>
>>24155534
hmm, the ones that work for pepsi etc?
>>
>>24155207
I was like this

But then one day you will feel like wanting more and you will be screwed.

People change anon.

When i was 19 I was like you. I am now 24 and I desire to own a house and be able to go on holidays.

Now I am happy I got that degree a while back so I can do so.
Also, I plan on buying that house soon. I plan on renting out the home and living in the backyard in a tent so I can still be a neet.
>>
>>24155534
12/hr. You need your own car. Needs to be newer than 2007. Only there to scout the store and look for more opportunity to place the products. Notice how the big corps, Nabisco, Kellogs, Pepsi Etc. have their own but the more obscure/ smaller companies just have the associates in the store do the stocking?
>>
>>24155562
Canakek, same as aussie really our dollars aint worth shit
>>
>>24155582
Yeah we aren't the ones who stock the brand name products really

Though having a car might be prohibitive, but I suppose it would pay itself off eventually
>>
>>24155565

Pepsi, Coke, Dr.Pepper, Mondelez, your local liquor distributor, red bull(i think they only do PT though)

>>24155582
yes you need your own car, but theres no requirement for it, I think youre thinking of Uber. & Most of them just stock the shelves, the sales reps do the scouting for displays.

& smaller companies do their own merchandising as well
>>
>tfw 24
>no hs degree or GED cause thought i was gonna kill myself right when i hit 21, so fuck it

fuck, im assuming there's no way i can get into any sort of American college at this point?
>>
>>24155807
Might be able to go to community college and transfer up?
>>
>>24155807
You dont have a GED and you want a Bachelors degree?
>>
>>24155207

There's nothing wrong with it in this day and age. Besides, what exactly are the alternatives for someone who posts on this board? Save your money up travel the world, get into the stock market. Even with a half-decent paying job, being alone with money opens all sorts of possibilities.
>>
>>24155892
>Even with a half-decent paying job, being alone with money opens all sorts of possibilities.

This.
>>
>>24155207
is it possible to be completely mentally "healthy" and still have zero ambition whatsoever? I feel the same as you do, but my brain is also fucked beyond repair as well
>>
>>24155207
Exact same position op
>>
>>24155322
>work in law
>$40k/year
I literally made that much (annualized) when I did my internship for a corporate healthcare firm, why are you such a failure?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.