[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've been just diagnosed as a borderline, do any of you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: file.jpg (50 KB, 439x600) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
50 KB, 439x600
So I've been just diagnosed as a borderline, do any of you guys also suffer from this shit? Any tips?
>>
>>24152687
Borderline what?
>>
>>24152707
Borderline personality disorder, pretty wacky shit if you ask me
>>
Me.

I stopped attempting to make friends because i can't hold stable relationships. I have only 2 friends i still talk to because they are loyal and still like me even if i do stupid impulsive bullshit.
>>
My mom has that. It's pretty annoying to be honest. One minute she is calm and then you say one small thing and she explodes in anger.

Try not to be an asshole is my tip to you.
>>
Aaron? Is that you?
>>
>>24153255
Sounds a lot like myself. My only current friend is already getting tired of me tho, I guess I'm just too much of a pain. I once got close to get a gf, but I suddenly had that impulse to abbandon her, that's the one thing I really regret and what made me realize I had a problem. Well I also punched my dad a couple of times but he really deserved it so I didn't really think it was weird.
>>
Explain, how does BPD affect a man's behaviour?
>>
My sister has this shit. It's god awful because she's also Bipolar.

If I was locked in a room with her and Justin Bieber, I'd shoot myself twice just for the extra percentage point of me not seeing her.
>>
isn't it possible to stop borderline behavior and no longer have it?
>>
>>24152687
The descriptions of a borderline seem to fit me scarily well, haven't been diagnosed or anything but I haven't been seeing anyone who could give a diagnosis since I was about 14 or 15
>>
either hole up and vow never to meet anybody or just kill yourself right now

save everybody the pain

borderliners are human trash
>>
>>24153877
Also protip from experience: avoid all alcohol and drugs. BPD and addiction go hand in hand.
>>
>>24152687
Are you female? If not, that's fucking hilarious.

Borderline is like 90% girls. You literally have a bitch disease
>>
>>24152687
Hey, I have it, it's pretty shitty, it's hard to keep a steady friendship or relationship with this, try and surround yourself with supportive people if possible. I got put on some meds and they kind of help. I wish I knew you anon, it sucks to have to go through this shit alone, I hope you don't have to. keep fighting robot.
>>
My mom has multiple personalities (DID), the best thing i can say from an outsiders point of view is to make sure you explain it to your friends and family and TRY to be patient with them and ask them to do the same with you.
Anyone ho is a good human being will try their best to help.
>>
>>24154113
Dude my older sister has had BPD. For the past 15 years my home has been a living hell. She does coke and has mental break downs ever week. She refuses medication because she believes it changes people for the worse. She's a liar and a manipulator. She abuses trust.

There is a breaking point for people with serious diseases. At this point, I'm considering hiring a hitman. The biggest problem is that people who are assholes use their diseases as an excuse for them being an asshole. The disease doesn't make you a terrible person, you're just an asshole who happens to have the disease.
>>
>>24154009
but all mental disorders are more prevalent on girls, by that logic being mentally ill is a feminine thing

>>24154011
what are you taking?

>>24154222
>a liar and a manipulator
yup, that also sounds a lot like me, and god knows I don't want to be that way because it only made me suffer in the long run, but I just can't help myself
>>
>>24154305
>yup, that also sounds a lot like me, and god knows I don't want to be that way because it only made me suffer in the long run, but I just can't help myself
Honestly the best thing to do is find a trigger to make you think over your thought process. People with BPD are stupidly logical in certain ways, but your logic tends to be hilariously flawed.
I'd recommend thinking over everything you say before you do it. Like imagine Mr. Roger asking you if that's a nice thing to do/say.
But man there is a breaking point, keep that in mind. You need to be genuinely nice to people. If you don't, you'll kill all relationships you have. Gotta speak from the heart from time to time.

Least with honesty you never have to lie.
>>
>>24154305
Prozac. Not for everyone, but works super well for me
>>
>>24154305
>all mental disorders are more prevalent on girls

not true, at least for bipolar. I'm diagnosed with the rapid cycling subtype and that seems to be mostly women tho. especially the 'ultradian' folks who are trying to get the bipolar dsm definition changed to incorporate their borderline misdiagnosis
>>
>>24152779
>>24152687

So you ALMOST have a personality or something? What the fuck is this shit go away
>>
>>24154222
Yeah some people are bad people and disability or not, they are fucks.
>>
My mother has BPD and she's bipolar, she has completely rendered my family dysfunctional, is responsible for my poor social skills and anxiety disorder, and has of last week she decided to move on and leave my father now that we've learned to not react to her antics. At 22 I'm only now learning to overcome all of the baggage and problems she's left on me and my family.

BPD is a beast that has claimed countless victims and if you have any level of awareness and desire to overcome it, I urge you you seek out any and all therapy options available to you if you hope to have any long lasting relationships of any degree.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.