[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, guys. Anyone know of any respiratory masks that don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
14 KB, 480x360
Hey, guys. Anyone know of any respiratory masks that don't let outside air in? I've got a crappy CPR mask, but I feel like "CPR" wouldn't work because of the air that would escape out the sides.
>>
Guys? A little help here?
>>
>>24151620
...are you trying to kill yourself?
>>
If you want to kill yourself through helium, it's a good idea to have those holes.
>>
>>24152035
I'm not talking about the hole. I'm talking about the gaps in between the mask and my face where air can get in and helium get sucked out. I don't want the person who finds me to enter a room filled with helium.
>>
>>24152068
wot

There's no way you could possibly have a tank big enough to fill an entire room without a license/company/something.
>>
>>24152094
OK. That makes sense. Still, I don't want the helium to escape and just give me brain damage instead of killing me.
>>
>>24152128
Suicidal thoughts indicate a mental health problem. If you have cancer, you go to a doctor. If you break a leg, you go to the doctor. Same here, see a doctor.
>>
>>24152128
I'm not too sure if it's true or not, but I've read you need a mask with the vent holes so that if the helium turned on too high your lungs don't explode.
>>
>>24152209
Oh, I understand that risk, but it only happens when you turn the tank up all the way. The key is just to let in the same amount as the mount you exhale.
>>
>>24151620
Damn I thought you guys were talking about CPAP machine masks. I could really use one that doesn't leak air.
>>
>>24152478
>CPAP masks
Do these things work for the helium bag trick?
>>
>>24152515
Honestly have no clue. Seems like they could work but I'm not really sure.
>>
>>24152588
Either way, I'm pretty sure this is the best we're gonna find. I'll give it a few more days before making a purchase, but if I do buy it, I'll see you on the other side.
>>
>>24152515
I don't think so, because air comes out the top by design. I have sleep apnea so I have to wear one. Also, they usually either cover your nose or mouth, not both. I'm sure they exist, but you'd have to special order it.
>>
>>24153329
Why would I breathe out my mouth, though? The brain can't tell the difference between oxygen and helium. The air coming out the side makes me nervous, though.
>>
How about something like this?

http://www.thecpapshop.com/tap-pap-nasal-pillow-cpap-mask-with-improved-stability-mouthpiece?gclid=CjwKEAiApYGyBRC-g_jIstuduV8SJABCEzhZp8ex0vubkLoaVfUz8JKQMkTobgBqI_ScL_vnj2itQRoCuE_w_wcB
>>
Self controlled breathing apparatus or air supplied breathing apparatus.
>>
File: 7190.jpg (70 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
7190.jpg
70 KB, 500x500
>>24153609
Would you be my wingman?
>>
>>24151620
I thought all new tasks are diluted with oxygen to prevent people from using them this way?
>>
>>24153767
I don't know. Does anyone have a source on this?
>>
>>24153767
So I've been looking, and I haven't found anything about this. I think it's pretty safe.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.