[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any robots here have any mental conditions? ADHD here.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 15
File: sad pepe.png (7 KB, 230x219) Image search: [Google]
sad pepe.png
7 KB, 230x219
Any robots here have any mental conditions? ADHD here.
>>
Cluster C Personality
>>
>>24147764

Schizoid, Schizotypal, ADHD, Dyslexia.

I want to die everyday but I still haven't found a way to die painlessly in my sleep without consciously committing suicide.
>>
ocd - as in things having to be even numbers, not that neat freak shit
>>
>>24147764
ADHD too.
>>
File: sad.png (66 KB, 351x351) Image search: [Google]
sad.png
66 KB, 351x351
>>24147764

>highly sensitive person

IE, literally being diagnosed as a robot
>>
>>24147938
check my 3
>>
i can't get my anxiety diagnosed because i have anxiety.
>>
File: pepe15.jpg (5 KB, 236x228) Image search: [Google]
pepe15.jpg
5 KB, 236x228
Major Depression
Autism Spectrum
Generalized Anxiety
Schizoid
ADHD
Bipolar Disorder

I'm a fucking headcase and I know it. Needless to say I'm a NEET
>>
>>24147981
Then how do you know you have it?
>>
>>24147999
because it's a symptom that can be caused by several things. if your head hurts you dont need a doctor to tell you that it indeed does
>>
>>24147764
Probably. I don't trust doctors to provide an honest and unbiased diagnosis.
>>
>>24147925
Schizoid + Schizotypal = Schizophrenia isnt it?
>>
Depression
Generalized Anxiety
BPD/Bipolar

yaaaaay
>>
File: 1444994070858.jpg (81 KB, 526x588) Image search: [Google]
1444994070858.jpg
81 KB, 526x588
>>24147764
ADD and where i live adderall is not available...only ritalin.
>>
major depressive disorder

basically, my mood goes from "slightly confused" to "man i hope i don't choke as i eat this whole bottle of tylenol"
>>
>>24147938
>ocd
Sometimes I have to touch things in specific ways, I've noticed that it's usually sated by pressing my finger against the object and feeling the surface and I slide my hand across it.
>>
adhd+depression, im professionally diagnosed but i dont trust all doctors to give an unbiased diagnosis, mine just happen to make sense
>>
Alcoholic

Court date in about two weeks for assault occasioning actual bodily harm.
>>
Diagnosed schizophrenia and asperger's
>>
File: 1442837789516.jpg (14 KB, 450x307) Image search: [Google]
1442837789516.jpg
14 KB, 450x307
Chronic hallucinations. I laugh at every one of your posts. Schizo has my respect because its legit. What are the rest of you fucking crying about, half of this shit is made up words to describe how you fail at life
>>
>24148070 sadly, the word anxiety has been tossed around too much instead of using it as the serious disorder that it is. apparently everyone has it now a days
>>
>>24148280
What do you hallucinate?
>>
>>24148194
Quit bro, being an alcoholic is the very least harm that alcohol can do to you. Quit while you're ahead amigo
>>
Major depression
Major anxiety
Somewhere on the spectrum
Alcoholic
>>
>>24148292
What don't I hallucinate. I was in love with an imaginary catgirl at one point for god's sake. If I look at the curtains at night I can see a jungle on the other side. Real as fuck
>>
ADHD
Anxiety
Depression
this shit sucks man
>>
>>24148280
1 in 10 experience chronic hallucinations you normie.
>>
anyone know early signs of schizophrenia or a form of it? a blood related relative has it and i was wondering when someone would know when signs appear and what (curious)
>>
>>24148373
Not like this they don't mate. Ive done drugs son.

Also 1 in everybody experience the rest of these fucking symptoms
>>
PDNOS
>>
>>24148414
It's multifactorial but genetics plays a huge role, increases the likeliness severely of they're sibling/parent, and still to some extent if aunt/uncle/cousin.

Usually young onset (15-20).
>>
>>24148434
>other symptoms
referring to the rest of the posts in this thread
>>
>>24148434
>not like this
Yeah, they really do. Keep your snowflake complex if you want but severe hallucinations are common as fuck.
>>
>>24148402
Sometimes I think people can hear what I'm thinking. I know they can't but then I get really nervous about the what if.
>>
ADHD, dyslexia, major depression, and sensory issues making it impossible for people to touch me with freaking out and jumping out of my seat. Life is fun especially on the bus ride home.
>>
/Schizophrenia/ here
>>
anyone else feel as if they arent phased by anything? that theyd even want something bad to happen to people around them.
>>
Autistic insomniac reporting for duty.
>>
>>24148526
My ass bruh. You can count the hairs on their head. Full other scenes like I was playing a video game, 1 in 10 people dont see this shit you are fucking trolling up the wrong tree
>>
it is my uncle who is schizophrenic and i am 17, i feel like people hear my thoughts and i have to change them quickly or that all people around me are fake and its not real. however i have never had auditory/visual hallucinations. all of this started a month after the ages i stopped smoking pot 14-16
>>
>>24147925
Schizoid -> Meh, not that bad
Schizotypal -> Very bad to have
ADHD -> Common
Dyslexia -> Common

Just browse /b/ if you want cancer. Cancer is a very effective killer too.
>>
>>24147764
>:Hyperative ADHD(type C)
>Social Phobia
>>
>>24148540
Dude my problem is that people seem to respond exactly to what Im thinking all the time. I know this must be paranoia but like theres no difference between that and people actually hearing what I think.
>>
>>24148677
That's nice, and very common as well. Simple serotonin imbalance in limbic/hypothalamus and prefrontal cortex.

Not easily treated, but simple mechanism, hence high prevalence.
>>
>>24147764
The vast majority of depression/anxiety/ADHD/dyslexia/Asperger's cases are just weak, overpriveleged American kids and their parents making excuses for laziness and stupidity.

Corrupt professionals "diagnose" you because their industry is built on taking money from and selling drugs to dumb rich white people who are afraid and unsure of themselves and their minds.

You can keep believing you are mentally ill if you want, but unless you have severe issues like hallucinations (or you're a woman) most of you probably aren't.

>inb4 shitstorm
>>
>>24148802
>inb4 shitstorm
Most people would agree with this, you aren't the shining beacon of enlightenment you seem to think you are.
>>
>>24147764
"Borderline" personality disorder (The worst one)
/schizophrenia/ (second worst)
Schizotypal
Depression
Eating Disorders
Gender Identity Bull-crap (That is part of "Borderline" Personality Disorder)
Autism
Asperger's
Etc.
>>
Depression. A lot of times I feel a weird sadness and don't want to do anything.
Some annoying ocd related to vidya mostly but nothing too serious.
>>
>>24148837
The joke is they call it "Borderline" Personality disorder.

There is nothing "Borderline" about it at all. People complain about the naming a lot lol.
>>
OCD, not sure for the exact type of it yet
>>
>>24148802
this couldnt be worded better, personally i beleive ADHD is hyper kids who have too much sugar and layed back parents who let them run wild, while ADD i beleive is a real disorder for kids who seriously have trouble learning
>>
Does Assburgers count?
>>
File: 1443366063203.jpg (93 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1443366063203.jpg
93 KB, 600x600
>>24148837
>>24148868
I just read what BPD is. Ive never been so bored in my life
>>
File: why-00043.jpg (83 KB, 769x720) Image search: [Google]
why-00043.jpg
83 KB, 769x720
Bipolar and probably AvPD.
>>
>>24147764
you're not ADHD you just pretend you are you normie fucking scum. Every normie says they have ADHD. Stop.
>>
>>24148832
>Most people would agree with this

Not in a thread where the majority of people believe they have one of the diseases I mentioned.

It's incredibly taboo to say what I just said among upper-middle class Americans. If you don't believe me, just try it sometime, especially amongst psychologists, psychiatrists, left-wing teachers, women, and the mothers of people with ADHD/dyslexia/Asberger's.
>>
ADHD

I'm seeing a psychologist for awhile and it's been interesting. I was thinking about getting an assessment done and now I'm not, because I'm questioning if there's anything wrong with me besides the ADHD. Is it just being okay with myself?
>>
im tired of edgy tumblr/twitter hoes saying they have anxiety and bpd and insomnia, get off your phone at night and stop convincing yourself you have a disorder just beause you read a wikipidea article on it
>>
>>24148868
What do you mean exactly?
>>
File: 1430781892154.jpg (30 KB, 612x480) Image search: [Google]
1430781892154.jpg
30 KB, 612x480
who here was a little shitty kid and got diagnosed with ODD (meme disorder)
do you think being that way influenced your life, in which way?
do you still sometime act like when you where a kid?
also do any of you refused to go to school and have to be hospitalize as a kid because of it
why the world place so much unreasonable demands on us
>>
File: ROC00040.jpg (36 KB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
ROC00040.jpg
36 KB, 288x216
>>24147764
Psychiatry is a meme pseudoscience but I've been diagnosed with:

Major Depressive Disorder
Dysthemia
General Anxiety Disorder
Social Anxiety Disorder
Panic Disorder
OCD
ADD
Avoidant personality disorder
Schizoid personality disorder
Narcissistic Personality Disorder
Paranoid Personality Disorder
chronic insomnia

Haven't been diagnosed with it but I'm probably on the 'autism spectrum'

it's all a joke and the only reason I go to a psychiatrist is for the drugs
>>
>>24148964
I actually do. I take medication for it. If I don't take it I'm gonna be bouncing off the fucking walls going bat shit insane.
>>
>>24148802
>Corrupt professionals
I wouldn't lump it on us (intern doctor). High prevalence doesn't dispute the presence of a disorder. Cancer rates are 1 in 3 over a lifetime, you don't hear people saying "Fucking cancer is a load of shit just made up by health professionals to make more money", it's a disease, it exists.

Depression, anxiety disorders, ADHD, dyslexia, Asperger's are diseases and their mechanisms are fairly well known. Anxiety is caused by excitotoxicity, it literally damages the glucocorticoid receptors of your hypothalamus, the damage can be seen in the same way a tumour can.

I'll agree some syndromes/disorders are diagnosed very readily, but a lot of them are legitimate. Some are debilitating, some aren't.
>>
>go to psychiatrist
>they tell me I'm "this and that"
>give me tons of different addictive meds over the years
>realize it's all made-up shit and words used to express a negative state of mind
>big pharma is laughing all the way to the bank while getting you addicted to mood altering drugs

I was on at least 25 different meds over the course of 3 years and from my personal experience, the whole thing is a load of shit
>>
>>24148312
Im not ahead. I smashed my house up, my girl is charging me, jail time is a distinct possibility, Im couchsurfing and living in my car.

> the look women give you when you have been charged with domestic violence.
>>
>>24149040
i think what hes saying is that all the time we see people say "yeah i have adhd/add lol" to either seem cool or different, some people legitemately have it, while 75% either made it up, or their parents didnt wanna take the time to parent them and tell them to sit down and shutup so they pay money to give him a drug instead
>>
>>24149108
>that look when they find out I am fully capable of destroying them in a drunken rage

Is it really so unfair? Enjoy prison.
>>
>>24149100
>be normie
>have a negative state of mind
>want to feel special so goes to the specialsnowflakes-doctor
>proceeds to not understand why his nonexistent disease do not benefit from medecine
>cognitive dissonance make him believe he never wanted to just feel special after sad break up with gf :(
>>
>>24148901
Yeah, ADHD only began to be a thing after the widespread use of television as a form of child raising.

Just turn on your average kid's channel and imagine how someone would turn out if they were bombarded by all that from birth.

ADHD exists, but it's mostly caused by upbringing, and often exacerbated by treatment. But the upper-class mothers of ADHD kids are usually far-left feminist types who put their careers and personal leisure before their children, and would freak out if anyone suggested that ADHD symptoms were somehow caused by their parenting (or lack thereof).

And psychiatrists who diagnose and research it are respected professionals who are seen as immune to corruption and criticism.

And the kicker is that a lot of ADHD medicines are addictive stimulants that make kids more jittery.
>>
>>24149413
Well that is true for kids without ADHD that it makes them more jittery. However for kids with ADHD it does the opposite, calms them down. Coffee has a similar effect on ADHD kids.
>>
>>24149036
Shit, you must be rolling in the pills with all that stuff.

What's your favorite psychiatric drug to abuse?
>>
>>24149199
There's no way you can hate me more than I hate myself.
>>
>>24148999
>Not in a thread where the majority of people believe they have one of the diseases I mentioned.
There's likely to be a higher prevalence of these syndromes on a board like r9k. That's like walking into a mental hospital and saying "Fucking hell, everyone here claims they have something wrong with them!"

>If you don't believe me, just try it sometime, especially amongst ____, _____ and ____
Of course that would piss off the father who thinks his son has ADD or some shit, they aren't a huge portion of the population though despite what you might think.
>>
>>24149045
The difference with depression and anxiety is that a person's choices, mindset, and behaviors have an influence on their brain chemistry, something that psychiatrists don't emphasize enough. If people exercised more, ate better, took more social risks, and weren't taught to fear their mind and body, we would have lower incidences of depression and anxiety.

Even cancer patients are shown to live longer if they are physically and socially active.

And for ADHD, see:
>>24149413
>>
Moderate Depression and Anxiety.
My therapist's advice leaves much to be desired. Most recently she suggested I get Netflix and dupe some sucker into watching tv with me.
>>
>>24149199
Maybe if you didn't set men off with your bitching and whining you wouldn't get beaten.
>>
>>24149496
I can tell you from personal experience that plenty of kids on ADHD medication are no calmer with it than without it.

Plenty of people without experience calming effects from stimulants too.
>>
>>24149684
>>24149413
>>24148901
>>24148802
Im tired of this shit in every fucking thread on mental health.
Grow up r9k plz
And back up your facts with science next time :^)
>>
>Mild shizophrenia
debilitating on a bad day, very managable on a good day

>Assburgers
now considered by my doctors and myself to be a mis-diagnoses, still the autism shekels helps

>OCD
as long as i have 24 hr accesses to a shower im ok. take that away from me i will take ambien to knock myself out

>Insomnia
Been on ambien for 5 years max dose, cannot sleep without it

>Restless leg syndrome
It is what it is

Ive also become dystonic recently, damage from long term anti psychotic drugs. i honestly thing my medication will be the death of me, if not for the damage its doing, perhaps a memory lapse while crossing the road
>>
>>24149684
>If people exercised more, ate better, took more social risks, and weren't taught to fear their mind and body, we would have lower incidences of depression and anxiety

Agreed, but that doesn't dispute the prevalence of the syndrome or disease. We don't dispute the presence of diabetes because the patient refused to exercise for 30 years. The fact that they were too stupid not to take care of themselves is not grounds to avoid treatment either.

General maintenance of the body is a huge help for mental and physical health, but again isn't the only contributing factor. Majority of neurological disorders are heavily genetic based, and while exercise and a healthy mindset can help, it isn't a sure way to avoid these disorders.
>>
>>24149581
>they aren't a huge portion of the population though despite what you might think.

Among the upper-middle class that has the most power in media, education, and medicine, they are. You probably grew up in a working class or conservative community.
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 1080x1350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 1080x1350
pretty sure I have some degree of avoidant personality disorder because of the lengths I go to avoid social situations
>>
>>24149756
Sounds like a fucking based therapist. Ask her if you could have your insurance pay for it since it's a therapy measure. muh Netflix and chill
>>
ITT: self diagnosis special snowflake syndrome
>>
Pretty sure I have autism or something, but who cares it's raining.
>>
>>24149916
>You probably grew up in a working class or conservative community.
Work in medicine. From the hundreds of people you see every month who claims to have something wrong with them you quickly learn who is actually sick and who just wants an excuse.

You eventually find there really are just a lot of fucking sick people out there, in the same way there's a lot of diabetics, cancer patients, etc. A lot will use it as an excuse for not progressing in life, but it doesn't mean it isn't there.

A lot of people will claim they have something wrong when they're completely fine, but that makes up a small minority.

Again, there might be a higher incidence rate of this in your community but not where I've worked and trained around the world.
>>
>>24149844
How dare they ruin my pity party with the cold hard truth?!

Waaah I'm not special anymore!!!
>>
>>24149757
Legit though.. women cause all the trouble they get into
>>
>>24150119
XD they sooo doo reeee r9k le meme :DD

>pepethefrogbeingmadatwomen.jpg
>>
ADD, aspergers, dyscalculia, mild agoraphobia
>>
>>24150198
le angry girl shitposting
>>
OCD, anxiety, previously depression

really hard to get anything done sometimes
>>
does lonely count?
>>
Had a psychotic episode earlier this year
>>
>>24149851
>healthy mindset can help, it isn't a sure way to avoid these disorders

It would help immensely with avoiding the most common ones like depression, anxiety, and OCD.

I'm probably pretty biased, because my screeching, divorced, alcoholic mother took me to psychiatrists and psychologists between 5 and 14, then forcefully for a few months when I dropped out of college.

She and the psychiatrists were always changing my school too, and then attacking me for not having any friends because of it.

My situation isn't unique; a lot of kids get sucked into this system by parents (usually mothers) from an early age and are too stupid to ever see its problems, especially if they're women.

I don't care if someone sees a psychiatrist voluntarily, but I'm opposed to it being used to drug children and make up for poor parenting and environment.
>>
>>24150084
But my point is that most cases of depression and anxiety come from societal pressures and the way people are taught to think. If the medical and pharmaceutical industries weren't so monetized and omnipresent people wouldn't turn to them to solve problems as readily as they do.
>>
>>24150094
>How dare they ruin my pity party

why are you on r9k then
>>
>>24150198
>proving our point exactly
>>
>>24150597
Why are women on /r9k/?
>>
>>24150649
To get the attention of thirsty betas
>>
Nothing but mild dyspraxia
>>
Schizoid.

I don't think this is a real disease.
>>
>had speech therapy sessions when i was growing up
>kindergarten, elementary, and middle school
>every day for an hour i would go to speech therapists office
>apparently i had a speech problem where i couldn't recognize the difference between things that sound the same
>but i could
>instead i'd just have a normal conversation with the therapist

should i ask my parents if i have a social disorder?
>>
File: 1426749466552.jpg (40 KB, 640x659) Image search: [Google]
1426749466552.jpg
40 KB, 640x659
ADHD and Dyscalculia. I'm fucking stupid.

>mfw people say having slightly above average IQ makes you smart
>>
>>24148901
Sugar doesn't make children hyperactive. It's purely a preemptive perception made by the parents, formed into a widespread misconception.

https://www.sciencenews.org/blog/growth-curve/sugar-doesn%E2%80%99t-make-kids-hyper-and-other-parenting-myths
>>
>>24150450
Please describe
>>
File: 1446675695099.png (198 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1446675695099.png
198 KB, 500x375
>>24151231
Welcome to the club of high and failed expectations.

>be assburger
>be twitchy, anxious, and nervous wreck of a man
>can't concentrate on anything
>noises hurt my ears
>lights hurt my eyes
>well above average IQ
>NEET
>tfw parents and teachers repeatedly told me how I was going to be the next Bill Gates with my gifted mind and computers kills
>>
>>24151231
It literally does though.
>>
>>24150707
Google would lead me to believe that it means anti-social
>>
>>24151348
NOT FOR ME LAD
>>
File: 1411343183833.jpg (42 KB, 460x645) Image search: [Google]
1411343183833.jpg
42 KB, 460x645
homosexuality, diagnosed by my dad
>>
>>24151231
> Dyscalculia and ADD
Most of the people here don't even know how good they have it with their bullshit schizophrenia memes.
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.