[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw most people seem stupid and I consider myself intellectually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: url.png (63 KB, 350x338) Image search: [Google]
url.png
63 KB, 350x338
>tfw most people seem stupid and I consider myself intellectually superior to them
>tfw I'm not actually smart enough to be successful in life, just enough to feel detached from normal people
>>
>>24145161
that's called aspergers senpai
>>
>>24145161
Stephen , is that you ?
>>
>>24145161
That's called the Dunning Kruger effect
>>
>>24145200

That burn.
>>
>quite intelligent
>want to share whatever i know that is useful
>fear of being seen as putting on airs prevents me
>try to do it surreptitiously anyway
>>
File: 1443317313537.jpg (25 KB, 252x256) Image search: [Google]
1443317313537.jpg
25 KB, 252x256
>>24145161
I've realise that I must have a massive superiorty complex because every single product out there (especially with technology) seems ridiculously insufficient. If I want to find a wiki page i promise you I will complain about 20 things that my phone does wrong by the time I reach that page.
>>
>>24145161
>tfw I am best student in my group at uni
>tfw not even trying, fucking around and procrastinating all the time
>not sure if I am smart or others dumb
>>
>>24145447
Well it doesn't necessarily mean you're smart.
I'm horrible at studying yet my teachers tell me I'm really intellegent.
>>
>>24145335
I don't see how this means you have a superiority complex. It seems more like you lack patience and understanding for how things work.
>>
>>24145506
>Well it doesn't necessarily mean you're smart.
Not studying and still being top of the class is a FAR better indicator of being smart than "I fail but my teachers say nice things to me".
>>
>>24145506
If you're really intelligent why not get good grades? If the reason is it's too much work, you're not as smart as you think.

I hate assholes who just try to skate by and claim to be some sort of undiscovered genius, yet whenever they have to put their intelligence to the test, they fail.
>>
>>24145335
Lel that's the Nazi Russian girl who had done devil's threesomes and fucked a couple niggers for cash. Her body really is top notch and has a kinda cute chubby face, wonder how much extra you get for coal burning in Russia? I heard in the US a nigger anal fucking is 5x more pay.
>>
I often think I must just be too dumb to realize I'm dumb. Yet everybody constantly tells me I'm intelligent after conversing with me in spite of the fact that I have no skills or qualifications and recently quit my supermarket job and became a neet.
>>
>>24145651
I hate using this excuse. But I have ADHD.
But still it's not like I'm a D student. I frequently get A's and B's I just never reach my full potencial. I always try to work, but my laziness always gets the better of me.
>>
File: 1443280754905.jpg (32 KB, 288x339) Image search: [Google]
1443280754905.jpg
32 KB, 288x339
>failed almost all subjects in high school, especially chemistry
>haven't read a book in last years
>unable to think rationally and critically
>get a headache after few minutes of learning something
>feels like i'm getting more and more dumb with every year
>i was worse than all my classmates in hs, they were able to put much less effort than me
>i cannot write, draw, anything that requires a creative mind literally looks like if it was written by third-grader

I'm not even exaggerating. Should end this shit ASAP.
>>
>>24145897
You sound like a completely average person. Everyone thinks they're smarter than normal, and have a shit ton of excuses for why they're not outshining everyone.

No, you're not some lazy genius. People with above average intelligence can afford to be lazy because most school work (in high school and gen ed college courses anyway) is designed for people with average intelligence. If this shit is not a breeze for you, congratulations you're average.
>>
File: FEELteam6.png (148 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
FEELteam6.png
148 KB, 640x480
>tell myself not to think that I'm smarter than other people, as it could likely be nothing more than an egocentric complex to make me feel better than others
>interact with normal people in classes, at work, etc.
>witness shocking stupidity in most people I meet
>people don't even know what some of the words I use mean
>keep telling myself it's nothing, they have their own ways in which they're smarter than I and I shouldn't judge them
>want to conduct commentary on social/cultural developments but everyone else wants to talk about themselves, gossip about other people or discuss last night's game, etc.

I'm not even sure how normies conduct long conversations, it always seems to be about themselves or something of that nature. Their analysis of media, whether it music, movies, tv, etc. is always incredibly surface-level and doesn't exceed beyond whether or not they found it entertaining or not. In a way, this is beneficial to them because they're focused on themselves, their life, and have everything under control whereas people like me spend our time analyzing the world around us and diverging our attention to different interests sporadically, consequentially it also leads to few personal relationships. I know that's how they're superior to me, I might be able to explain to them why they do what they do but I'll never get the innocent pleasure that they do from doing it.
>>
>>24146145
More sounds like you don't know how to socialize. Nobody jumps right into the deep stuff when meeting new people, they usually feel each other out first with superficial small talk. Using a bunch of large words that sound unnatural or forced are a great way to make you seem full of yourself and unrelatable.

Care to name a few examples of shocking stupidity?
>>
>people always tell me how smart i am
>they don't realize how ill this bodes for the entire human race
>>
File: dib.jpg (44 KB, 550x404) Image search: [Google]
dib.jpg
44 KB, 550x404
>>24146321
He didn't say they were new people.

I see his point though. I meet people who have probably gone their entire lives without really thinking about the world they live in. It's like they're NPCs.
Yes, I am donning my trilby.
>>
>>24146321
>More sounds like you don't know how to socialize
I do though
>Nobody jumps right into the deep stuff
obviously, I don't either. When I build the conversation towards more "deeper" matters there doesn't seem to be much input from other people and they tend to want to change the topic after they realize they can't really communicate on the same level, which I comply with.
>Using a bunch of large words that sound unnatural or forced
Don't do that either, and they aren't even unnatural, they're painfully basic yet people still ask me to repeat some words I use sometimes.

>Care to name a few examples of shocking stupidity?
Besides the lack of vocabulary, just the ways they throw out widely accepted normal opinions just to get affirmation from others. If someone was to criticize them, not overtly but like "that's nice but..." form of criticism, they wouldn't be able to back it up. Most people get their ideas from talking heads on television shows that are an entertaining substitute for real intellectual stimulation. Not saying everyone has to be a contrarian asshole, but the only people who can actually think for themselves nowadays are those who dedicate their free time to such pursuits (logic, philosophy, etc.) while everyone else just reiterates what they read on Huff Post or watched on the daily show or FOX. Also lack of basic historical knowledge and popular artists and whatnot throughout history, but this is typical in an era where people are expected to really only care about themselves and what's happening at the moment.
>>
File: 1279741090416.jpg (85 KB, 382x600) Image search: [Google]
1279741090416.jpg
85 KB, 382x600
>People think I'm smart just because I show interest in learning new stuff
>My friends think I'm weird for looking up random shit on wiki

This is the world we live in.
>>
>>24146011
Well. I guess everything balances it's self.
But if I can't be above average I will just have to shut the fuck up and work harder than anyone else if I want to make my self look good.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.