[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>going to the movies alone this weekend How do you do this? Help.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: 1421988873365.jpg (63 KB, 880x320) Image search: [Google]
1421988873365.jpg
63 KB, 880x320
>going to the movies alone this weekend

How do you do this? Help.
>>
>>24144359
you might have to act like your with a group and sneak by. If they enforce the no singles policy in your area
>>
>tfw cashier laughs at me when I ordered one card for Mad Max: Fury
>tfw people behind me noticed
>tfw I didn't go and watched it at home instead
Cinema's a cruel for loners.
>>
I'm just going to do it now to see if it's as bad as you faggots say.

I'll probably have a great time. Fuck it's expensive tho... whatever.
>>
>>24144572
I am not a faggot!
>>
>>24144542
holy fuck man at least watch it at the cinema. Why do you care so much about people who don't give a fuck about you? They'll laugh for 5 seconds and forget you by the next hour. You are making my fucking blood boil how can you be this beta?
>>
i go to the matinee alone all the time. It's cheap and there's usually just older people. For some reason the youth prefers the later more expensive showings.

It's not too bad. There's usually some older men alone as well. Nice and quiet with no chattering or phones. Just people watching the movie.
>>
>>24144684

wanna fight?
>>
>>24144359
Just do it, there is nothing wrong with going to the movies alone, I'll be doing it when the (inevitably terrible) warcraft movie comes out. Why do you even give a shit.

>>24144542
Report the cunt.
>>
>>24144684
>They forget it by the next hour
>I remember it till next year
My shit's fucked up what can I say.
>>
>>24144542
Why did she laugh at you?
>>
File: image01.jpg (163 KB, 837x290) Image search: [Google]
image01.jpg
163 KB, 837x290
I go to an old-timey cinema by myself and it's fine, very comfy. Would probably have a minor breakdown if I went to a large complex thing by myself.
>>
>>24144776
Maybe because I went to the cinema all by myself or maybe something's wrong with my face, I don't know.
>>
>>24144359
I didn't really get any looks when I've done it, but I didn't enjoy it.

The ONLY reason to go to a cinema in this day and age is to meet other people. Nothing is stopping you from torrenting it from the comfort of your own home, if you're even that interested in watching the movie in the first place.

I went to see all 3 Hobbit movies. First time with my (one only and former) friend, one time by myself and one time with a group of normies (and my oneitis). And I can stately say that going by myself was the worst, even though 2 of the normies were pretty annoying.
>>
File: 1430722352677.jpg (140 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1430722352677.jpg
140 KB, 1080x1080
>california literally has a no singles policy
>this will apparently prevent a gun from shooting somebody in everyone's faces

? ? ?
>>
>>24144410
>No single policies
What the fuck that's cruel
>>
>>24144359
>Go to cinema
>Purchase ticket from self-serve point
>Enjoy movie
>>
>>24144542

She was laughing at you for watching a feminist beta movie
>>
>>24144971

This

You can even get top notch projector for under $800 now. There is no reason for movie theaters to even be open in this day and age.
>>
>>24144737
Rumblr
>>
THIS HAS BEEN KEEPING ME UP I NEED TO SEE WARCRAFT I'M GOING TO HIRE SOME ONE FUCK
>>
>>24144359
Buy a ticket
Maybe buy popcorn
Go inside
Sit down
Turn off your phone
Watch the movie
Leave

Wow so difficult
>>
>>24145175
Just go alone faggot, it's what I'm doing, I don't get why it's such a big deal.
>>
>>24145179
Robots lack the ability to simplify their daily lives
>>
>>24145179
>Completely disregarding the stress of someone socially anxious.
>>
File: pepe24.jpg (14 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
pepe24.jpg
14 KB, 251x242
>go to the cinema to see The Martian
>order one ticket at the counter
>the clerk denies me a ticket
>cites the "no singles policy" enacted to prevent mass shootings at theatres

Dammit why does this exist in Virginia?
>>
>>24145232
This law is fucking retarded
>>
File: 1440371949089.jpg (7 KB, 249x223) Image search: [Google]
1440371949089.jpg
7 KB, 249x223
>1 week ago, mom is telling me about her movie outing (idgaf but I still listened)
>she went to see Room with her friend
>movie is about girl getting kidnapped, raped, then forced to raise a kid in a shed
>they're mortified by the movie and felt like leaving
>by the end of the movie her friend notices the other roughly 14 people in the theater are single men
>she speaks out loud and says she wonders if any of them have women locked in their basement
>my mother says she laughed

these women are in their 50s too. they've lost a lot of my respect.
>>
>>24145179

I'm more nervous about my phone off than watching a movie alone. Fuck that, I'll just silence/no vibrator mode it.
>>
>>24145276
Oldie Stacies
>>
>>24145276

It's just Facebook humor. They're still posting caturday so I wouldn't expect so much from them.
>>
>>24144410
>>24144359
>>24144542
Move to New York and nobody cares.
>>
I do this several times a week. Why do you think anyone would give even the slightest fuck about it or even take notice of you you egocentric bastard? Unless of course you are one of those fat fedora wearing neckbeards dressed in a trenchcoat carrying your anime pillow with you or look like the god damned elephantman.
>>
>>24145469
No singles policy is a meme retard
>>
I do it all the time. It's only a big deal if you make it one.

>change your perception
>>
My new job requires me to travel a ton, because of this I eat alone at restaurants almost every day

After a week I completely got over it and enjoy it now

Just keep going and you'll be fine
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.