[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people say the friendzone doesn't exist? Serious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 629x664) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 629x664
Why do people say the friendzone doesn't exist?

Serious question. Years ago even the people who hated loveshy dorks would say it existed but it's dwellers deserved it--now even mentioning it aloud brings a shit ton of vitriol about misogyny.

Women haven't stopped saying let's just be friends. It's like not being allowed to call an apple an apple.

Why is there a push to erase this word from public consciousness? Let's get some answers that don't just stop at "feminism/cultural marxism", I know there's a more personal motive going on, and I can't fucking see it.
>>
because of retards overusing the term
>>
I don't understand this either.
It's definitely a thing. So I don't know why it's offensive to have a word for it.
>>
women don't want to be held responsible for anything they do. simple as that.
>>
I think the notion behind saying that the friendzone doesn't exist is that people claim that it doesn't make you a bad person if you just want to be friends with a person.
>>
>>24141965
What's the point of this picture? Is this moron suggesting he'll walkacross a railyard? Hope he doesn't get cut in half.
>>
>>24142188
This.

They want you to be a cvck on their own terms.
>>
>>24142340
The guy in the pic is an Uber driver
>>
>>24142365
Gotcha'.

Makes a bit more sense now, but doesn't really match the topic of the thread.
>>
>>24142028
>>24142188
>>24142243
Interesting

>>24142379
Sorry about that, I was afk and too lazy to dif around for a relevant pic
>>
>>24142409
how do men handle the same situation? I want to hear your opinion friend.
>>
>>24142509
I believe you're asking me how men handle unrequited orbiting, and IMO guys can be just as callous. Slow texting responses, phasing out, and plain old friendzoning is common among both genders, but some guys tend to smash and dash more than girls. Only a handful of sluts will manage to walk away from that without a serious blow to their self esteem.

The way we rationalize it, we invoke hypergamy (guys who don't know the word will use some form of it) where we say the girl getting tossed away has a line of guys waiting for her like all women. This often isn't the case.

Women will attempt the smash and dash, but it NEVER works out. Due to the nature of sex, once a guy gets the pussy he's pretty much the victor no matter how it ends.
>>
It doesn't exist, its just that you are fat ugly trash and she doesn't want to fuck you.

Source- I am fat ugly trash
>>
>>24142692
although I feel like men will come out and tell a partner that they're not attractive or the match doesn't work in general
>>
Friendzoning is 100% the guys fault.

You're clinging on to a girl that is clearly not attracted to you and you have nobody but yourself to blame.
>>
>>24143620
Honesty obviously isn't a men's problem yes.
>>
File: 1442860007154.jpg (13 KB, 242x255) Image search: [Google]
1442860007154.jpg
13 KB, 242x255
Because it implies that the ultimate goal of talking to women is to fuck them, and that simply being friends is somehow negative. It implies the women owe's the man the opportunity to fuck her and if she denies it, she's a friendzoning bitch,

If you treated women like something more than a piece of meat to stick your tiny dick into, you'd also think the idea of the friendzone is stupid and beta as fuck.
>>
>>24143433
Well think about a fat ugly chick who would want to bang you. Picture her, in all of her digustingness and uncleanness. A solid 2/10, someone who no one would want to sleep with. Lets say she wants to fuck you, and starts hovering around you and asking about your day e.t.c.. You can ether A. Tell her too fuck off (which some people don't want to do, its kinda mean or whatever)
B. Fuck her, giving her what she wants (her pussy is probably revolting)
Or C, Just talk to her as you would anyone else, but never want to do anything romantically.
Option C is considered the "friend zone," which I think is much less mean then just straight telling someone off for being weird/ugly
>>
>>24143759
>If you treated women like something more than a piece of meat to stick your tiny dick into

Dudebro Chads treat them that way, and women throw themselves at them.
>>
>>24143858
Because they're good looking. Doesn't mean they don't think they're dickheads too, they're just willing to let it slide because they're attractive. This isn't a revelation.
>>
>>24143784
but she wants you in a way that you aren't interested in. why lead her on when you don't want her sexually and she wants the whole package. it's literally nicer to tell her the whole truth instead of oh we're just going on this date as friends right?
>>
>>24143912
I know. Which is why people should stop going on about muhsoggyknee when women don't really care about that. They only care if the man is attractive.
>>
When a loser is crying about how he's in the friend zone and he's such a nice guy why doesn't anyone love him ;((( you're seeing him blame a female for him being creepy and boring. Because he can't accept that he's boring, and he can't comprehend that him being nice doesn't really mean anything, and he certainly doesn't see his actions as creepy. So he blames the female for friend-zoning him, and a bunch of losers reuse the term because it resonates with their relationship failures. It also gives nerdy betamaxes something to rally around and get angry about, because they'll be damned if they should actually get good at something and develop a sense of confidence or actually have something interesting to talk about.

So the term is becoming irrelevant because its a diversionary tactic. To relieve losers from being responsible for orbiting and not taking control of their lives and relationships.

What attracts the few women left worth being with? Define your self value by what worthwhile things you sink your time into. Or continue to be lazy and spiral further downwards.
>>
>>24144205
the problem with friend zoning isn't the people in it. women will shove off men for whatever reason they can think of and it is up to the individual to introspec and solve the issue with his personality

the real problem with friend zoning is that women will "let's just be friends" to a guy that doesn't fill what she wants and he'll continue to orbit since she wasn't blatantly honest with him.
>>
>>24144411
How is saying "let's just be friends" not being honest?

Also its pretty easy to pick up if a chick is or isn't into you. Theyre letting themselves be taken advantage of. That's their responsibility.
>>
>>24144537
let's just be friends implies the possibility of seeing each other often as friends would. I'm not speaking for every women but every time I've heard let's be friends they are just using that as an excuse to never see you again without causing animosity.
>>
>>24144205

I think this is basically it. The men who used the term before are certainly still using it now, nothing's changed on that end, what's changed is that there's now pushback from women who have realized that they're getting blamed for men's problems.

I mean, I would disagree that the term is necessarily malicious/duplicitous because I think men who "get friendzoned" just plain, honestly don't know better, they haven't been taught to think logically about relationships and are describing how things appear to them accurately. It's just that their perspective is wrong and it leads to bad methodology.
>>
>>24144746
>as friends would.
And? Where the malicious intent in that? The leading on?
>an excuse to never see you again without causing animosity.
What alternative would you prefer? Would you rather women say they weren't interested in a mean or nasty way? I see no problem here.

BTW I am not at all saying there aren't women who lead men on for their own devices, I've been the victim of that myself. But at some point there has to be a sense of personal responsibility. You have to learn from your mistakes, become friends with men in healthy relationships, accept that you need to improve yourself. Those are critical learning steps that make a man what he's supposed to be, and by instead not working on them and using the friend zone as an excuse its only hurting the guy using it and other men who buy into it.
>>
>>24141965
thats a fucking gross ugly fucking jew.

fucking gross.
>>
FFS OP it exists as long as you alow yourself to be in it. If she won't date you move on. Fuck. Half the population is women, you'll find another to orbit.
>>
>>24144932
>>24144205 here
It may not be malicious but it is leading the men of this generation in that direction. And that makes me angry. Male populated online communities should be sharing positive info and teaching younger guys how to deal (which to some extent they do), but this kind of shit sows seeds of hate and laziness. It weakens us and further ostracizes us from women. We already have enough to cope with as men when you look at how media portrays masculinity or how schools treat boys. Its a fucking mess out there. We need to be building each other up.
>>
>>24144939
literally the problem is honesty. women lie to men so that they don't have to deal with the consequences of their actions (example: friend zone a guy so she doesn't have to watch him cry during the break up/deal with someone having negative emotions toward her in general)
>>
>>24146032
In my view and whenever I've heard the term used, the friend zone almost always refers to a potential suitor, not a current boyfriend. So there wouldn't be a break up, just rejection (which is something that we as men have to grow up and learn to deal with). Not disagreeing that women are encouraged to lie and often are liars in their dealings with men, but that seems unrelated.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.