[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who else /self-employed/ here? My online store is 1 year old.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 67868839.png (615 KB, 2894x2300) Image search: [Google]
67868839.png
615 KB, 2894x2300
who else /self-employed/ here?

My online store is 1 year old.
My top selling item is being taken down by competition
>mfw my business will fail before I can diversify
>tfw I am 28 yrs old and didn't finish college
>tfw my one and only gf ever that I got last year will leave me because I am already surviving on pasta in order to keep the business afloat
she doesn't know I don't have a degree
>tfw NEET life is calling me back
>tfw my anxiety is off the charts and I am crying and panicking every morning

to try and fail is worse than not trying.
>>
>>24141399

I have recently crashed and burned. I just can't care enough to work all day. I'm watching my money burn and my phone ring off the hook. Everything has failed and I couldn't be happier. Fuck all this dumbass shit and all these dumbass people. I've wasted my youth for a shitty life
>>
>>24141399
the fuck are you selling?
>>
>>24141550
office products

I have around 50 items I import from overseas and I am up to 4 x 20foot containers per year in just 1 year and we(myself and partner) actually turned a 16% profit the first year.

However I have competition including my old boss where I was an office manager and I gave him the idea to sell online and I set his whole ecommerce operation. He promised me to renegotiate my salary after 6 months in the company he was only paying me $24k a year. Well he got his recent college grad gay son to shadow me and literally sit next to me and observe me on the computer. I let him for a couple of weeks and when the time came to pay me more. I was only asking for $32k.year he said the ecommerce "experiement" wasn't viable and he wasn't gonna do it anymore. so I quit and they kept selling online and now his son is copying all my listings online and price waring me.

They have millions of dollars and are always undercutting me. I don't know what I did for this person to hate me.

>>24141517
what did you do?
>>
>>24141730
pls teach
>>
>>24141635

I sell houses
>>
>>24141813

sounds illegal and if it isn't illegal now it will be in the future
>>
>>24141813
isnt that illegal?
>>
>>24141399
>to try and fail is worse than not trying.

Even if you do fail, the things you have learned through this will stay with you for the rest of your life. All you have to do is try again and use your previously aquired knowledge to do better. When you fail, you try again. If you do this for long enough, you either succeed in the end, or die trying.

Just imagine yourself lying there, taking your last breaths. Will you be happier knowing you tried your best, or by not have tried at all.
>>
>>24141730
can we see your income for october?
>>
>>24141852

I'm sorry friend but I can't be happy till I make it
>>
>>24141807
I am thinking about doing that. At the end of next year if I liquidate all our stock and split with my partner we should have around $400k to start and the ability to use 2 government subsidized first time buyer mortgages.

Is that enough to start?
>>
>>24141894

You shouldn't ask me because my business failed but I started with 15k. If all you want to do is facilitate sales you just need to advertise and understand the laws where you live. You say you will be able to use first time buyer mortgages, which leads me to believe you are more interested in leasing out investment properties than selling houses.
>>
fuck that sounds stressful OP, godspeed. I doubt it counts as "employment" to folks with larger operations like OP, but I started up a small music label for physical items. have gotten almost $2k, but ~33% of that is for shipping costs, and I pay other artists about 1/3rd of the profit from each unit sale.

nice supplemental stuff, but it sure as hell ain't a proper gig. liking it lot more than neetdom desu senpai
>>
>>24141876
Well, you can't make it in an instant man, no one has. You either let your passions to succeed drive you, invigorate you and make you happy. And then when you achieve your goals, bliss will be all that remains.
>>
>>24142106
that's cool man. /entrepreneurship/ can be very rewarding specially when you can score win-wins for the people involved.

I am definitely happy when my customers leave good reviews and enjoy the products I find for them and actually provide them with good value. And my suppliers are also happy when I place big orders

But yea the margins are tough and it's better than neetdom when it works. but it is not easy.

>>24141852

I hope you're right and I can find comfort in the fact that I tried and I hope I can try again. It's taking a huge toll on my health though the anxiety. It's much much easier when you just do a job and get paid.
>>
>>24141635
Holy fuck, you're getting absolutely CU.CKED by this kid
>>
>>24142481
i know. my only joy in life is knowing that he is a huge literal closet fag and his father absolutely hates gays and probably works overtime on denying the fact that his son enjoy getting rammed up the ass.

I can't wait for the shit to hit the fan.
>>
>>24141635
>I don't know what I did for this person to hate me.
Maybe they don't hate you - maybe they literally rely on you to find the good listings. Sounds like the best thing you can do is get out that business.

And as you go, create a bunch of really bad listings that you know won't sell to fuck with them. Could something like that work?
>>
File: thanks usops.jpg (1012 KB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
thanks usops.jpg
1012 KB, 2688x1520
>>24142355

>/entrepreneurship/ can be very rewarding specially when you can score win-wins for the people involved.

oh god yes. that part's quickly becoming my favorite part about all this. the artist is happy because they get a release on physical format, a few copies, cut of sales, etc. I'm happy because i get to put tunes I like on physical format, some money, and customers/fans are happy, so long the postal service doesn't completely fuck the package up (pic related)

no proper "reviews" doing this stuff, but i've gotten a few emails from folks where they gave thanks. i always liked helping people, so i've been digging this a lot. I'm kind of nervous about getting into proper entrepreneurship, though. I print my own CD's/stickers, and have been tryina branch out a bit to do printed CD's or stickers for other folks' independent use.

lotta businesses that do CD blanks and stickers sell their stuff for so cheap, that if I matched/undercut them, I'd be getting <$5 for a few hours of work. fairly tempted to just stay with the music stuff 'cause competition and price adjustment sounds pretty gnarly.
>>
>>24141635
>They have millions of dollars and are always undercutting me. I don't know what I did for this person to hate me.

Nothing. They think in terms of profit, you think in terms of an idealised society. Your first fuck up was asking for more money without having a back up play. Your second fuck up was letting this faggot shadow you. Why would you let someone shadow you ? Do you know WHY they shadow you? ROFL
>>
>>24141635
Beat up the gay son withe a dido

Violence won't solve anything, but it does make you feel better
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.