[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>complain about bad metabolism >"WAAAH I EAT TOO MUCH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: gut.jpg (16 KB, 560x206) Image search: [Google]
gut.jpg
16 KB, 560x206
>complain about bad metabolism
>"WAAAH I EAT TOO MUCH SO NOW I'M FAT WAAAH"

Why do people still react like this? I wouldn't consider myself excessively fat by a long stretch, but I do have a rather unsightly gut (pic related is similar to what I've got going on) and really thick thighs for a guy.

My roommate and a friend of mine both eat so much fucking garbage, yet they stay thin as twigs. I see my roommate eating fucking huge meals, cookies, ice cream, and other shit all the time, and who knows what she eats when she's not at home. My friend downs pizza and beer on a regular basis and relies on fast food as a staple of his diet.

Meanwhile I'm here fighting through hunger pains most days because I'm desperate to lose weight, but it feels like my appetite and metabolism are fucking conspiring against me. So if you think people's complaints about metabolism are unfounded, kindly go fuck yourself. The struggle is real.
>>
>>24139773
You're retarded m8. Metabolism issues aren't as common as people think. Especially since you're fucking guys. How do you get fat when your TDEE is ~1800-2000 calories when you do NOTHING.

Fucking fatties are delusional, if you eat more calories then you need then you'll store fat.
>>
> My body is making me wanna eat
> I eat whenever my body wants to eat
> Its not my fault
Nigger, metabolism? Appetite? You can literally organise a more balanced diet with as many calories ( Maybe a little less than your daily intake) as you usually take and not worry about needing to eat and your metabolism.
Fact is youre too lazy to change the way you eat, and you complain about it.
>>
>>24139874
Did you even read my fucking post? I feel like I have to starve myself to lose weight. I am ACTIVELY changing the way I eat, but it's way more difficult than you people claim.
>>
>people still believe in the metabolism meme
>>
>>24139952
Don't go hungry, eat right faggot. Stir fry veggies and eat a bunch of it so you aren't hungry
>>
>>24139773

You're fat because you're too lazy to exercise and too stupid to realize that your constant hunger is caused by a lack of nutrients and years of gorging your stomach. Just drink some water when you're "hungry" and replace your garbage meals with turnips.
>>
>>24139773
lack of will power

people think you are just born with free will instead of working to achieve what you want, blame the enlightenment
>>
File: top-picard.jpg (33 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
top-picard.jpg
33 KB, 512x512
>>24139773
Losing weight is very simple: Put out more calories than you take in. That means exercise. Starving yourself is actually quite counterproductive, since it makes your body hold onto every last bit of food you do give it. Eat regularly throughout the day, and exercise somehow. Lift, go jogging, just fucking sit on your floor and stretch and then walk circles around your room. Doesn't matter much how you get it.
>>
>tfw smoking weed reduced my metabolism
I'm starting to look like OP's pic
>>
>>24139773
Eat oatmeal and milk in morning, maybe some fruit through out the day a turkey sandwich for lunch, more fruit if you're hungry after, lean meat and veggies for dinner. Cut out soda and only drink water milk and maybe juice some times. Start running and doing sit ups maybe some other exercises too just to mix it up. Stop being so pathetic.
>>
I hate the people that say "HE/I CAN EAT SO MUCH AND PUT NO WEIGHT ON"

Idiots probably eat loads one day and that's it for the week. They probably go african mode after that.
>>
>>24140535
No dingus, cannabis actually increases metabolism. You're just eating more because it also increases your appetite.

If you're able to control your munchies, and substitute all the shit you'd eat high for fruits and shit; you'd actually see amazing results.

I've lost 30 lbs in the past 3 months. I'm high as a kite 24/7 but I regularly go to the gym, and I also eat a fuck-ton of food; just not shit. I always have my fridge loaded with fruits and pantries with nuts.
>>
It's called skinnyfat. It's when you'be been a twig your whole life then you get a little fat but it's still a lot of fat in comparison to the rest of you. Skinny people who don't work out are this. It is fat attached to a smaller frame.
>>
Literally walking a mile or two a day can help you lose weight(which is piss fucking easy.)

I'm a fatty but I started watching what I eat and also started to exercise more.

Losing weight isn't hard it's keeping it off thats hard for me.
>>
I was thinking about posting a weekly /r9k/ weight loss progress thread. I'd think it would be good for the people on here to get motivation to lose some weight. I want to lose 50lbs the next couple of months and I personally think it would be great to have a thread with support and experience sharing.
>>
>>24139952

>I feel like I have to starve myself to lose weight.

because you're a lazy slob, thats why. get some cooking lessons or read up on the internet and get fucking veggies, brown rice and lean meat into your diet.

if you eat clean there's no way you can eat 2000+ cals and still be hungry
>>
>>24139773
People say it's not genetic. but me, I eat all I can, at all times, and I remain skinny.
>>
>>24139773
I posted about this earlier. It's not metabolism, it's the plain fact that your brain is wired to enjoy food more. I don't see why people deny this, it's obvious. It's why some people get addicted to alcohol yet some don't. So in a way it is genetic but don't lose hope, you can normalize your appetite you just have to actually try unlike most people. Yous ay your roommates are eating more, no they aren't you are actually eating more than them without realizing it.
>>24140117
>>24140066
>>24139820
Read my post above guys
>>24140626
This guy gets it. They are actually eating less over the week.
>>24141189
>>24140152
Exercise is bullshit, it burns barely anything and just makes you hungrier. I've gained weight while going to the gym every day and lost it while lying in a hospital bed.
>>
>>24139773
Download MyFitnessPal. It's helping me out and I have a gut and fat thighs too. Your roommates may eat like shit but they probably stay within their TDEEs.
>>
> not counting calories
> consuming empty calories
> not excercising

Have all three dude.
>>
It does make me a little bit upset. I have to do cardio every day to be thin, but there are guys whose default is just auschwitz mode even though they eat like garbage and never exercise.

I can bulk up just the same but it's near impossible for me to cut the fat off.
>>
>counting calories
>cooking decent food
>cutting out soda and other sources of sugar
>still never truly skinny

I love how you judgmental faggots just assume chubby people don't try eating healthy.
>>
>>24141295
Exercise builds muscle which burns more calories while idle than fat.

Of course you can't lose weight eating McD's and working out.
>>
File: 1445799715562.jpg (567 KB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
1445799715562.jpg
567 KB, 2880x1800
>>24139773
I was 116kg(250 pounds?) six months ago. I'm 2m(6'5?idk) so that was pretty overweight. Had a belly, big hips, fat face and literally no muscles. I wanted to lose weight. So I cut sodas, chocolate, chips, beer, wine, insane amounts of bread and my beloved French cheeses from my diet. I felt like I was starving the first two weeks. If I exercised as just a little I would binge eat thinking I was still losing weight.

My younger brother, who is semi fit and lives healthy saw me struggle and started helping me. Cooking with me and buying groceries with me. I ate the same things as he did for months, he is smaller than I am so I thought that if he could do it and feel and look fine so should I. I started counting calories and about a month after I cut my shitty eating habits the cravings stopped. I started jogging some time ago which for some reason gives me more energy. A little over a month ago I weighed in at 88kg and suddenly I had a jawline, you could make out my ribcage, I had to replace most of my wardrobe because all my shirts no longer fit, pants looked ridiculous. I have since then moved abroad to study in the UK and I'm once again struggling with my weight. But this time I'm struggling to not lose more weight because I will be an awkward lanklet if I do. I'm going to try and build some muscles now at 85kg.

And it is only after reading posts like yours, OP, that I can now see how hard I was lying to myself, how bad the cognitive dissonance was. I made all the excuses people like you make. I was just built heavy, I have a slow metabolism, I even convinced myself I had a thyroid condition. The thyroid condition is the biggest meme of all. If you have it, and that's a mighty big if, it makes you hold on to extra salts and fluids. The few kilograms of weight you maximally gain from it is mostly water.
>>
File: 1445789191312.png (833 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1445789191312.png
833 KB, 1920x1080
>>24139773
>>24141954
The worst part of it is that reading shit like your post made me believe that I could not lose weight. I could have made the change earlier if I hadn't been reinforced by hug box idiots like yourself that being overweight is acceptable.

I'm so glad I went through that initial period of discomfort, so glad my baby brother helped me at the point where I would have given up without him, so glad to finally feel good about myself again. No matter what a fat person says, they are not happy with how their body looks. I always tried to pretend I was, but deep down I always felt guilty when I ate something that had a lot of calories because I knew on some level I was fucking up.

Since I have lost the weight I have gained confidence, since I run I have more energy, more motivation to study, my grades have gone up, I sleep better and I feel good about myself again. Also funny, I can now actually enjoy food. Wine and French cheeses are back and when I consume them I can actually enjoy it without feeling guilty. EVERYONE can lose weight, in principle.

Fuck you OP, FUCK YOU.
>>
>>24141669
Those same guys have a really fucking hard time building muscle though.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.