[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So r9k, how are you going to survive during world war 3? ht
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1441341514825.png (2 MB, 1047x1095) Image search: [Google]
1441341514825.png
2 MB, 1047x1095
So r9k, how are you going to survive during world war 3?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPKKQnijnsM

http://imgur.com/a/nRXEa

Especially for you men, things will be awful. You are already more or less irrelevant. You fight for the position at entry level jobs. You apply for hundreds of them every month, desperate for any work at all, and even then you can't get it.

Then what will you do when those jobs don't exist? Hundreds of millions of jobs will vanish. And some are delusional enough to think this will mean a higher quality of life for poor people. Some have deluded themselves into thinking the economical overlords won't fuck them over and take everything for themselves and leave millions to starve in the streets.

For years it seemed like this sort of shit happened only in movies. There's no way this sort of thing could happen in real life, right? Well it's happening. Fast food jobs? Already being phased out. Transport? Already being phased out? Desk jobs? Already being phased out.

You will be made even more irrelevant than you already are.

Shits about to hit the fan on a global scale, how are you going to deal with it?
>>
File: 1421738781397.jpg (48 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1421738781397.jpg
48 KB, 499x499
Drop out and NEET it up.
>>
Why do social retards love the idea of world war 3, apocalypse and whatever?
>>
Japan is home to 67% of the world's industrial robots, yet there is a labour shortage there. The reason why American jobs have disappeared isn't robots, but offshoring. Robots are great so long as it's your country that owns them.
>>
>>24138693
I don't understand your post. If WW3 happens, why do jobs matter? It would most likely just be nuclear and turn much of the world into a hellscape. And if no one used nukes, it would just be a normal war and there would be jobs as soldiers.

Could you please explain how you're first sentence relates to the rest of your post?
>>
>>24138728
I don't love the idea. It terrifies me. It's just the reality we face with the turn technology is taking.
>>
what makes you think WW3 is on the planet's agenda?
>>
>>24138797
World war 3 was more of a buzzword I used. It would be more like a civil war except on a global scale. Countries aren't going to nuke themselves/their own citizens.
>>
>>24138826
Okay, I was thinking between nations. I see what you mean.
>>
>>24138693
So, are we going to get legit sexbots 20 yrs from now?
>>
>>24138693
what kind of stupid question is this anon?
if its war people get killed, and i kill people.
i kill you you fucking idiot and all you friends and family.
i find you you faggot and i break your arms and legs
>>
you would think with the increase of technology, that human life would become more leisurely and more prosperous, making things easier for human life to grow and advance. When work (work that is mandatory so that human civilization is sustained) that requires human labor is replaced by robots, it relieves the demand on human capital, leaving humans to pursue different goals and desires. It's the monetary system that needs to begin accommodating the change. There's always a demand that people within a society get jobs and become productive members of society so that they don't spend their time wasted or invested in a means that destroys society... Now we're reaching a time where the demand on people within a society is lessened.

I don't think WW3 is in our sights, but self-sustained cities and societies completely run by robots that cater to the survival of human life.

Eventually, the only responsibilities that a human will have is to live and be alive. Everything else will be taken cared of by robots.
>>
>>24138693
Glad to see another understand that this is an issue.

I don't understand why no one is talking about this. Automation is gonna take a huge amount of jobs from multiple fields in the next decade or two,

UBI or RIOT!
>>
>>24139054
>year 2134
>wake up in the morning
>genetically modified gentle femdom
>fuck like animals all day
>you decide to leave house and explore the wild
>pack your bag with all this new tech
>go into the untouched wilderness
>spend the night out with the stars
>come home
>fuck wife
>decide to go to space
>pack your bag with what you need
>put on pressure suit
>go to local airport/spaceport
>go to orbit between earth and moon
>do an eva

Do you wake up and realize you're in a VR? Or can this experience be obtained without VR?
>>
>>24139054
>you would think with the increase of technology, that human life would become more leisurely and more prosperous

This is in an ideal world. A world where people care about each other, a world where the majority of society, or at the very least the people in power, are deeply empathetic.

This is not the world we live in. We live in a world where the top 1% owns virtually everything.

We are at the mercy of the 1% and if they decide automation will benefit them and destroy us, then it will be so.

I would like to hope automation will lower the cost of living, and it very well might someday, but I don't think it will in our lifetimes. We are in the first stages of this robotic takeover. I predict we will see the largest unemployment and homeless rates of all time before things get better.
>>
Probably put all my efforts into propaganda creation and publishing for my own ideologies until extremist factions murder me for having a slit.
Then, I'll get propped up in public and rot.

I'm not excited for the rise of kebab.
>>
>>24139130
Nobody talks about it because the overwhelming majority of people in your typical society are 40+ years old.
Inability to find a fulfilling job, and the huge competition for shitty menial jobs is a problem for the youth; with unemployment rates up to 40% for people under 25 in some western countries.
The politician representing us do not take us seriously and brush us off as having imaginary problems and calls us lazy for not trying hard enough.
It's a lose/lose situation and your parents and grandparents gen is completely blind about it. I think they'll start realizing something is wrong when in 10 years they're wondering why their 30yo childrens are still living with them.
>>
>>24138693
Obviously I'd start or join a group to drastically raise the price of robots by destroying/sabotaging them.
>>
>>24139206
Agreed.

Capitalism breeds two things. Progress and it's own destruction.
>>
>>24139183
This tbqhwyf perfect.

It might get better for humanity in the long run, but for us people who will (once again) be guinea pigs for what will be a massive social experiment, it will suck fucking shit unless you're already part of the 1%.

Better stock up on /comfy/ time while you can, because it WILL get taken away.
>>
>>24138693
>So r9k, how are you going to survive during world war 3?
Start looting

Probably die
>>
>Faggots actually think there will be a WW3
>Some kind of massive power struggle where we erupt in riots and social unrest spreads through all the nations and have to be put down through police state
>pockets of resistance forming innawoods or something

>implying we won't vote ourselves into a pseudo-serfdom state
>implying we won't end up blaming each other for having to work 100+ hour work weeks for shit pay, dividing ourselves over petty shit
>implying this isn't happening right now
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.