[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw my therapist called me a troll He knows that I spend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
>mfw my therapist called me a troll

He knows that I spend a lot of time on the internet discussing things. He said that I'm a troll when I said that I use it to vent off frustration.

How do I react to this?
>>
Hmm... I don't give a shit.
>>
>>24138587
do you remember what he said exactly? that's vague.
>>
Tell him his wife probably thinks he has a small dick
>>
>>24138587
Umm i give a fuck?
>>
>>24138616
"So you are a bit of a troll"

Right after I told him I vent on the net.
>>
>>24138674
Cool story thanks for sharing it with everyone! :)
>>
>>24138587
suck his dick as a revenge prank, that'll show him

but seriously, if he makes you uncomfortable find a new therapist.
>>
>>24138587
My therapist doesnt know what exactly do on my computer and she (inb4) will never know.
>>
>>24138674
How did that make you feel?
>>
When I was asked what I do all day I just said I watch TV and read news articles. Which is pretty true since I watch a lot of TV and a lot of 4chan threads are about click-bait news articles or recent world events.
>>
>>24138674
next time school him on what the word troll really means and make him feel like a fool
>>
>>24138674
I don't think he understands the meaning of troll. Just correct him
>>
>>24139292
Jesus christ you're such an underage faggot.

Listen up you naive little shits. Learn to feign ignorance in order to gain the conversational advantage. You should have asked him what he meant by "troll". Make him elaborate until you get him to thoroughly explain what exactly he thinks about you instead of letting him hide behind an internet buzzword. Then you can individually refute the things he's saying and break down this angry virgin internet "ebig troll" character he's painting you as.

You're all so fucking autistic it hurts.
>>
>>24138587
Your shrink sounds like a troll.

I bet he's like 50 too.
>>
>>24139359
>You're all so fucking autistic it hurts.
Really?
>>
>>24138587
This the exact behavior we discussed, Paul. It needs to stop if you wish to get better. Spending your time in a negative echochamber won't make annything better.
>>
File: 1447042807618.jpg (113 KB, 786x751) Image search: [Google]
1447042807618.jpg
113 KB, 786x751
baka trolling is older than anyone ITT
>>
>>24139359
Why are you so angry?
>>
Im willing to bet your therapist shitposts on this board and has called you a faggot a couple of times here
>>
>>24139495
>first I've ever seen my on /r9k/
>it's in a therapy thread
I was doomed from the start, wasn't I?
>>
>>24138674
HOW DARE HE!! HE JUST CAN'T HANDLE THE BANTS LMAO CALL HIM A FAGGOT
>>
>>24138587

therapists are faggots. There are people in psych who treat other people for anxiety who have never had a panic attack in their lives.
>>
>>24139359
I can see you've never participated in true conversational judo before well fine, let me educate you. Feigning ignorance is just about the most ineffectual tactic you can employ when trying to gain a conversational upper hand. Stupid people will use it as a chance to direct the conversational flow into whatever hardheaded nonsense they like, complete with irrefutable anecdotes and mind numbing logical fallacies that you will never ever be able to refute, while a trained therapist would just look at you like you are a godamn moron. It's not his job to reveal to you his own beliefs, it's his job to try to coax an honest response out of you. Feigning ignorance is like laying on your back and showing a predator your belly, especially when it is such an obvious ploy. Do you think no one notices? Do you think you are being clever when you go "hmm, a meme? What is that?" or "no, I've never heard of 4chan before. Is that like, that anonymous hacking group or something?" NO! You are being a fool! When you do this it is made as plain as day that they have hit a sensitive topic! At this point it doesn't matter what you say afterwards, even the most stupid and facile fool knows that he can break you simply by pressing this topic over and over again!

No, your best option is to run straight into your sensitive headwind and match it with your own blustering, confident, ignorance! If he calls you a troll you say, "yeah, I guess so. It's just that sometimes when I see a stupid video online I just have to correct them on how wrong they are in the comments" and you keep going just like that! You malign his own query by misunderstanding an ignorant statement! You turn the conversation into unintelligible gibberish that only you can control! You undermine his confidence in not only you but also himself!
>>
>>24139652
doesn't mean they haven't studied the millennia of research on it
>>
>>24139736
If anyone ever wants an example of how not to interact with other people just save this post right here as a text file or something.

What you just wrote is the single most deluded shit I've ever had the displeasure of reading. You're ignorance to the most basic principles of manipulation makes me feel legitimately scared for any unfortunate naive underage faggot that takes your ramblings as truth.

Or you can go ahead and say shit like "yeah, I guess so. It's just that sometimes when I see a stupid video online I just have to correct them on how wrong they are in the comments".

ahahahah
>>
>>24139813
I like the part of you post where you refuted what I said with logic and rationality instead of just name calling.
>>
>>24139359
Autistic? What's that?
>>
>>24139841
You literally just said "don't feign ignorance, they'll know you're just pretending!"

The point of feigning ignorance isn't for them to fucking believe you legitimately have no clue what they're talking about. The fact you aren't aware of this is just even more evidence of your incompetence in basic social interaction.

It's a form of passive aggression. You show your distaste for what they have just claimed while also forcing them to submit and explain themselves. Then you open up the opportunity to further communicate with them once they've actually used real fucking words and explained what they truly mean.

A therapist that uses internet buzzwords that have no real meaning besides what online shit-posters decide to define it as is an awful therapist. His job is to communicate with his patient and he's failed to do even that. So do his job for him and force him to use big boy words.
>>
>>24139920
And you think they don't see through your act? You think that it's okay to give them the opportunity to fuck you up even further by spewing more bullshit? NO. "Oh hmm, yeah I know I just told you I spend a lot of time online but uhh, sorry, what is a troll again?" Can you not even see how stupid that sounds? The only people that could get away with such stupidity is a hot girl with cleavage showing!

This is not how to win a conversation, this is how you become that idiot everyone makes fun of behind your back. It is a therapists job to probe for weak points and when you get caught in a lie this obvious he has won. He will prod that soft spot. He has discovered your intellectual upper bound.
>>
>>24139920
Passive aggressive? What's that?
>>
>>24140020
"So you're a bit of a troll?"

"What do you mean troll?"

Yes, that interaction is completely unbelievable. There's no way a therapist would respond to that. He would just stare at you like an idiot.

The fact is that the word troll has 1001 different interpretations these days. He doesn't even need to fucking feign ignorance.

It's not about winning the conversation. You are working with your therapist, not against them you incompetent retard. It's not a lie, it's simply asking him to elaborate on what he thinks an "internet troll" is, so OP can pick apart the typical stereotypes associated with whatever version of a troll the therapist has heard of.
>>
>>24140114
Wrong, wrong wrong wrong wrong. Like I said before, by asking him to clarify you are signalling a point of interest while also giving him control of the conversation. "What do you mean troll?" is one question out of an innumerable many that would have made just as much sense as a follow up but you revealed that you want to focus on the word troll specifically, a truly idiotic move.

Your best option is to obfuscate. You continue the conversation while deliberately misunderstanding what the word troll means. In this scenario you not only hide the fact that you know what troll means and care that he does not but you also present a false narrative where you are unfamiliar with the term and are too insecure to admit it or confident enough that you believe you are right. Then it's up to him to either correct you and reveal his own incorrect position, using his clarification to identify what specifically about the word he is interested in describing you, or to go along with your ridiculous misunderstanding which would then reveal his own insecurity.

The goal with every conversation, the goal with every single interaction, is to win. Weak people and losers might need to cooperate with their opponent to win but the strong, the winners, they are able to win on their own terms.
>>
>>24140332
>Weak people and losers might need to cooperate with their opponent to win

So the exact people that need to see a therapist in the first place might actually need to cooperate with them to "win"?

Thanks for proving my point you fucking idiot.
>>
>>24140383
Your suggestion was to try to mislead the therapist by sneakily feigning ignorance, and as obvious and ineffective as that technique might be it is hardly cooperative.
>>
>>24140431
>Your suggestion was to try to mislead the therapist by sneakily feigning ignorance

No it wasn't.
>>
>>24140487
Then butt out, buttinksi this isn't your fight (which you've lost anyway btw).
>>
>>24140515
You've made a complete fool of yourself and now you're prancing around in your own shit like you've "won". I expect this is the same practice you employ in everyday conversation as well. Which is probably why you're on r9k.

You sound like an MRA.
>>
>>24140565
Oh yes, please, keep going with the name calling. I suppose it isn't a complete waste of databits if it buys you some time to make a post actually worth responding to.

Go on, I'll wait. It's only your dignity at stake here.
>>
>>24140565
Hello tumblr, how r you doing
>>
>>24140615
>strawman
>get called out on your strawman
>g-go away you already lost fgt!!

You haven't taken the high ground in this shit-flinging, so don't act like you have faggot.
>>
>>24140658
I'm still waiting, friend.
>>
I say misogynistic things to my female counselor just to get a rise out of her. She knows it, and points it out but she still gets butthurt.
>>
>>24139813
http://dumptext.com/6dm3f2fh
>>
You should smack him and ask him where he heard that word.
>>
there's something wrong with literally every therapist and psychologist. they got into the psychology field because they know something's up with them and thats how they become interested.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.