[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a loser who is on disability pension (potentially for life)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
Ask a loser who is on disability pension (potentially for life) and still lives with his mother anything. Bonus points if you have a genuine story that makes me feel better about this crappy existence. I just want a fucking job.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 400x400
>>24136778
>be me working in McKekolds last night
>doing first window (order money taking
>been joking around with normie fags on grill
>asked to get napkins and straws
>go to get both boxes
>Mfw they lied and wasted my time, they all laugh at me, meanwhile it's super fucking busy
That's all I got op, hope you get a laugh out of my misery
>>
>>24136778
>tfw no disability pension pet
>>
>>24136778
Also op what disability do you have?
I am curious.
>>
>>24136778
I got a lot of typing to do.
Why would you make friends with women?

So my best old friend messaged me on Thursday i shoot him my number and he calls me tonight. Tell him I'm lonely and staving.
Says he is a drug lord back up north. I confess to him that I've been using meth. He gets very angry, says I'm too smart for that. I say I hate my life and don't care anymore if I die.
He's not going to call me again.
>>
>>24136866
Gave me a giggle, anon. Thank you.

>>24136922
Considered too schizophrenic for the work-place.
>inb4 mental illness is a meme
Recently tried getting off my medication during a psychotic episode too because I was convinced my doctor was trying to poison me..
>mfw I have to go explain this to him
>>
File: image.gif (196 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
196 KB, 500x270
>>24136972
No problem man, I love telling stories that make people laugh.
And that sucks man, I assume you have looked into work from home? It's an option that you could (or already have) considered.
>>
>>24136959
Have you actually been using meth, anon?
>>
File: 1444929158266.jpg (47 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
1444929158266.jpg
47 KB, 495x495
>>24136778

>Gets free money
>whines

Fuck you
>>
>>24136778
What will you do when she dies?
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 125x119) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 125x119
>>24137040
>OP has a health issue that means they can't get work
>given an allowance by the gov to live a standard life
Are you retarded? OP wants to work.
>>
>>24136972
The meds don't work for you? I've taken risperidone, quetiapine and now clozapine and all of them removed the paranoia and hallucinations, the only difference between them were the side effects.
>>
>>24137015
Keep looking into it. Probably the route I'll have to approach. Gets difficult because the fact I'm unsuitable for the workplace is leaving me in a depressive slump and sleeping ~14 hours+ a day. And then feeling lethargic or having episodes throughout my conscious hours.

>>24137040
Before my mental decline, I was a top-of-the-class student. Came from a bad background. But my teachers and therapists kept enforcing the fact I'd end up in a ~50-70k+ a year job at the rate I was traveling, entry-level. Now I'm living off whatever I can microwave.

>>24137046
Sister said she'd help support my living once mother passes. Brother also wants to chip in, although he's also schizophrenic and living off disability pension, so I'd feel bad.

>>24137097
Don't even know what medication they're giving me anymore. Has changed about 4 times in the past two years now. Quetiapine sounds familiar though. Something about the workplace just causes my episodes to become more intense and frequent so I end up making an ass of myself.
>>
>mother's father left before she was born (he ended up doing this like 5 times with other women)
>my mother is born OCD, and probably ADHD
>her mother is OCD hoarder, house is filled with rubbish
>bitch won't get a job, mother grew up in front of tv, after about 7 her mother just drank all the time
>they afforded electricity and basic food by selling antiques, netting $1200 a year (would've been more back then, but not a lot)
>only person my mother liked, an aunt or grandmother, died when she was young
>mother meets my father, a bipolar weed addict (like 10x a day) from an physically, mentally, and sexually abusive family
>they have two kids
>third is miscarriage
>around this time her mother (~57) is raped and murdered by two men in her own home, during a time my sister should have been home
>guy almost gets off
>gets pregnant with me
>my father becomes increasingly psychotic
>kills himself because my mother could get Social Security Income (or something) from it
>mother's brain is in bits now
>she takes two-three jobs to pay for us three kids
>finds my stepfather, he's a burnout, but calmer
>mother is still bananas, she can't handle him not really being mature so they split
>she's working three jobs at this point
>they get back together
>she's still out of it, tried having more kids but couldn't get pregnant, thought it was because of miscarriage/age/stress related things
>my stepfather is infertile
>he got fucking tested for it and never told her when they were split
>her hoarding gets progressively worse
>oh, she also had arthritis diagnosed in her late 30s, worked through it anyway lifting shit and being on her feet all day
>she was about to get her knees replaced about a decade ago, when he wrists went to shit so she had those cracked open by some surgery
How she still functions is beyond me. One explanation is that we're Mensans. Grandfather, half-aunt (by grandfather), mother, me, and sister. My brother is but he'd never get tested.
>>
File: image.png (166 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.png
166 KB, 500x281
>>24137151
You seem like a sharp and highly intelligent person anon.
Tell me what did you study?
I hope things turn up trumps for you man I really do.
>>
File: 1445955359005.jpg (11 KB, 255x191) Image search: [Google]
1445955359005.jpg
11 KB, 255x191
>>24137023
Yes, I'm an addict and have been for a few months now. hoping to lose a bunch of weight and push back fupa for additional inch on my penis. not kidding.
>>
File: 1406854177980.png (9 KB, 219x274) Image search: [Google]
1406854177980.png
9 KB, 219x274
>>24136972
>really thinking that you have to explain to your doctor that you didn't want medication because you thought it was poisonous

Schizophrenia is pretty funny sometimes. I took too much DPH once, never again.
>>
I used to have a job literally shoveling shit.

It could be worse, Opie.
>>
>>24137189
Goddamn, that's a rough story, anon. Didn't even make me feel better about my situation, because it was just so grim.

>>24137199
I was studying computer science. I've almost got my Associate's degree, but then I snapped. Went delusional. Thought I killed myself and was replaced by an impostor who didn't know or understand the material. Couldn't attend my finals because of this. Thank you, though. Don't know why I get a sense of encouragement from people on an anonymous message board, but it's appreciated.

>>24137217
Doesn't seem like it'd be worth the trade-off.. My father's a meth addict and it just seems to deteriorate your body and mind. Ultimately, you do you, anon. Just try be careful.

>>24137296
I was excessively great in my studies and I'd kill to even have a job shoveling shit, as long as I didn't break-down during.. fuck.
>>
>>24136778
You're not alone, lad. Listen all the way through and embrace the fact that someone thought this was important enough to write and record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0LLZQYzhrI
>>
>>24137360
La Dispute is one of my favourite post-hardcore bands. Ex of mine who was also schizophrenic got me into them.
>>
>>24137360
I don't understand the story
>>
>>24137397
I'm not schizophrenic, but I've been diagnosed with plenty of other shit by plenty of people. The story told by that song gets me every fucking time, though.

I think the first time I heard it was when I was really in a black fucking place trying to do just one thing well-enough to justify thinking I still belonged on this earth. I was unemployed and to get out of the house, I would go out walking in the middle of the day along a medium-sized highway. It only made me feel more pathetic when every day I did this, the impulse to jump in front of a passing car grew greater. I was fucking ashamed of myself and how bad things had gotten for me and how much shit this was heaping on my family. But I heard that song and, I think, First Reactions After Falling Through Ice and it made me feel better.

I just thought it was such a intensely good and charitable act to write a song like that. One that let's you know that somehow this guy fuckin gets it. This guy understands the no bullshit, no holds barred, fully disclosed reality of what it is like to exist day-to-day with that burden. Once you realize that, you can never really say that you are alone because at least one other person gets it. That was really comforting for me.
>>
>>24137489
The singer of the band, while working at a hardware store, met a man who came in to replace a door. This is a true story. The man and his wife had bought a small house for their schizophrenic son to help him fit in.

Things were looking up, but like OP he wasn't able to hold down a job because his meds made him sleep too much. He went off them in an attempt to be anything other than a shut-in NEET.

The father ended up going to check on his son, who ended up having a psychotic episode and nearly killed his father, stabbing him 27 times with a kitchen knife, nearly killing him and, incidentally, breaking the window the man took to the hardware store.

The old man told the singer this story, needing to talk it out with somebody and make sense of what had happened. The singer thought this story was important and thus tells it to us in turn.
>>
>>24137189
So your grandmother fucked the alpha who pumps and dumps and got fucked over, which fucked your entire family.
Sounds about right.
>>
>>24136778
Is that girl wearing shorts or socks?
>>
>>24137217
NA man, AA and NA saved my life
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.