[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who boring here? Whenever I try jokes literally no one laughs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8
File: feels.png (93 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
93 KB, 645x773
Who boring here? Whenever I try jokes literally no one laughs
>>
>>24136764
I boring here. My coworkers still try to talk to me though. i wish they would just give up.
>>
>>24136793
They are being nice. Why don't you just take advantage of the opportunity?
>>
>>24136764

It the lack of confidence op, don't make it look forced.
>>
>>24136764
Right here senpai. I have no interesting stories to tell people because you need friends to make memories. But to meet friends you need interesting memories to share that shape your personality.

It's like trying to get a job, why does the world have it out for us?
>>
who /literally robotic personality/ here?
>>
>>24136841
But he's just being himself
>>
>>24136764
I'm boring as fuck but I can be pretty funny.

It's something you have to learn.
>>
who /attractivebutboring/
>>
>>24138176
Who /uglyandboring/
>>
File: Kuul pepe.jpg (6 KB, 200x195) Image search: [Google]
Kuul pepe.jpg
6 KB, 200x195
>>24136764
>tfw I was alone with a girl at class today
>tfw proffesor didn't came at all
>tfw we started talking, I didn't spilled not even 1 sphagetti and even maked her laugh
Feels good, man
>>
>>24138163
How do you learn it?
>>
>>24138196
Attractive and boring is worse because you have to deal with the pain of some fish swimming up to your line and then swimming away because there's no hook.
>>
>tfw no boring friend group that emits no pressure to be interesting
>just lay around all day and happy in each others silent company
>only talk about autist hobbies we have in common because we are incapable of talking about anything else

That would be the life f a m. Who lives in Toronto and wants this? I'll have to check my schedule first though h-haha
>>
>>24136764
It sounds like you weren't just being yourself.
>>
>>24138218
It's practice, just working on the intonation and the way you construct your sentences, like putting the twist at the end or something.

It also helps to watch comedians or funny people for instance I occasionaly watch gamegrumps they're sometimes shit but they can be funny.

Sometimes I think about joking around with people when I'm making for food or doing something else. And using that later.
>>
>>24138218
>>24138285
Oh and also you can practice on here
>>
Senpai, normies are boring as fuck. It doesn't take much to be amusing to them.
>>
File: 3456548345.jpg (6 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
3456548345.jpg
6 KB, 300x300
>tfw very good at observational humour
>tfw terrible storyteller
>>
Someone who is funny as fuck here.

Joke delivery is really really important. If someone was telling a great joke but kept a completely straight autist looking face the whole time then it will lose most of its effect.

Laugh at your own stuff. Sometimes a bad joke can become a joke in itself just by how shit it is.

One thing I've noticed that autists do when trying to be funny is try and get people involved in extremely long winded jokes (that are only relevant to them) while stumbling through their story.

Not sure how to actually become funny to be honest, it helps that I was in a group that just chatted lots of shit all the time throughout school so most of us were funny as fuck. Just practice I guess.
>>
>>24136764
I'm the worst storyteller. People ask me to shut up before I even start.
>>
>>24138381
You don't sound that funny.
>>
>>24138387
I feels ya. At least I get the courtesy "heh".
>>
>>24138176
Right here with you m8. Girls expect more from you when you're attractive. Funny is something that I can't offer.
>>24138211
Kudos to you. So, when is the date?
>>
I'm one of those guys who deliberately doesn't laugh, even if i find a joke funny, just to make people feel bad. Maybe your coworkers are like me, OP.
>>
>>24138381
Seconding this.

Also, know your audience. Your grandma and your 14 year old brother most likely will not find the same things funny so adjust accordingly.
>>
GUYS GUYS GUYS

you just havent found your target customer

im laughing my ass of starting from OPs post
>>
>>24136764
Don't try too hard. I joke as if I were a sniper, I make one small shot out of where and it kills the target everytime.
>>
>>24138432
You're an asshoe
>>
File: feel.jpg (94 KB, 775x1032) Image search: [Google]
feel.jpg
94 KB, 775x1032
>>24138227
True.

>Be me
>Be 6th grade
>Girl I like comes up to me
>She obviously likes me
>Ask if she watches south park
>gets ecstatic and says she loves it
>Don't know what else to say
>Say nothing
>After 4 long minutes of awkward silence she leaves
>Never talk with her again

Fuck my life.
>>
File: jay.jpg (48 KB, 533x306) Image search: [Google]
jay.jpg
48 KB, 533x306
>be fun to be around
>don't have trouble socializing
>people learn how boring i am
>dropped
every time.
>>
>>24138630
oh god are you me
>>
>>24138491
same for me
I am like guerilla
I usually stay silent and hidden like sperg I am
occasioanlly shooting a situational joke out of nowhere
that's the only way I gain some repsect from normies
some chicks like it too
>>
>>24138410
he wasn't trying to sound funny only gave advice, so what is your point
>>
im the "funny" one in my group and find most people boring as hell and can't relate to anyone or open up because i always have to be on just to get by
>>
>>24138432
I know your type. I find people who do this make a lot of jokes themselves and don't want anybody else getting laughs instead of them.
>>
>>24138218
Watch Bill Burr specials all day.
>>
>>24136764
Funny and fun aren't the same anon. I'm considered funny, but I'm still boring
>>
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 225x224
>Used to copy my dads jokes all the time because I thought he was a funny guy
>Would always raise my hand to tell them to the entire class
>Just silence and nervous laughter from teacher

It was always about people losing arms or fingers, they must have thought I was the next Columbine.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-11-08-20h50m02s097.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-11-08-20h50m02s097.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Boring AND bored
>>
>>24139831
This made me laff m8, I think you're funny
>>
>>24136764
Oppossite. Im funny (make everyone laugh, and not at me) because Im somewhat witty, but I never 'connect' or get particularly noticed by nobody either.
>>
>>24136764
Jokes arent funny if the timing is not right.
>>
For some reason people seem to find me amusing when I am forced to be around them. I think the key is to consider them lowly creatures one step below cattle. Fucking Mooormies.
>>
>>24139843
Thank you, anon.
Would you like to hear a joke?
>>
>>24138844
>so what is your point

not that anon but i think his point was that he isnt funny
>>
>>24136764
I'm boring. I have nothing to say. I don't like jokes.
>>
File: 1445159996331.jpg (77 KB, 640x459) Image search: [Google]
1445159996331.jpg
77 KB, 640x459
>>24136764
1. start by making one word jokes and little noises
2. steer away from ones that are cliche
>situation is boring
>"lame"
>"weak"
>"oh em gee"
those aren't necessarily boring *by nature.* they can be hilarious in the right context. but usually, they're overused by people who just copy what they see on tv. try to steer away from that.

humor is based on the unexpected. that's all you have to remember.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.