[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spiritual advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 15
File: 1444641913771.gif (657 KB, 500x648) Image search: [Google]
1444641913771.gif
657 KB, 500x648
Why dont you use all the time you usually waste to advance spiritually, /r9k/? After all, Chad doesnt have any advantages when talking about spirituality. He is actually disadvantaged, if you think about it seriously.
P.S: I really like this gif so from now on I will use it for all the threads I make.
>>
>>24136265
Spirituality is even worse than religion
>>
Why is it so easy to spot "fembot" posts?
>>
>>24136307
How so?

>>24136310
My gender is irrelevant.
>>
>>24136265
>spiritually

im so sorry for you anon
>>
>>24136374
Why? Whats wrong?
>>
>>24136335
If you didn't get the nonormiestitsorgtfo.pdf memo upon your entrance to our sanctuary then you are a hopless roatiie as i thought
>>
>>24136397
Right, wrong, it does not matter. I feel sorry that you feel so proud about this "spirutality"
>>
>>24136412
I think the subject of this thread is not supposed to be my gender/appearance, I would actually be disgusted if you rate me so please dont change it.
>>
>>24136429
What makes you feel sorry? I enjoy it very much.
>>
>>24136458
Do you know what website you're on? What were you expecting?
>>
>>24136458
Y do you you're type like a loser? Spirituality is for fucking losers. This whole thread is horrible.
>>
>>24136528
Someone to talk to as an equal.
>>
>>24136606
You're in the wrong place bitch.
>>
>>24136639
Why are you so negative anon?
>>
>>24136464
Read my post again you dumb cunt, jeeeeezzz. Im' out.
>>
>>24136679
Why are you a drug addict who thinks that she's more enlightened than the rest of us?
>>
>>24136755
I am not a drug addict... and because I am not wasting my time obviously.
>>
I've already read loads about mysticism and spirituality, all the esoteric stuff. I was obsessed with it for a while, but not that interested anymore.
>>
>>24136989
Why did you stop? What happened?
>>
>>24136265
What are your spiritual inclinations?

I think there's a lot of truth to Buddhism, though some of it is BS. And while it is one way to be happy, it's not easy and not necessarily the best.
>>
>>24136265
I am spiritual, if anything i consider myself more taoist than anything. I like buddhism too. I use to meditate every day and can actually feel my chi and bend it but i stopped because i think demons are haunting me.

Love your gif btw
>>
>>24137081
Poster of >>24137063 here. Lol, sounds like BS. This is the type of shit I didn't like dealing with when I was interested in Buddhism.
>>
>>24137043
Just lost interest I guess. I think I used it as a crutch sometimes, like if I felt insecure or worried I would read about Taoism to make me feel better.
>>
File: 1446751760135.png (570 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1446751760135.png
570 KB, 720x720
How does one even reach a spiritual level? Its something which interests me but i've never felt like I could achieve it.
>>
>>24137063
I am too deep in the rabbit hole to explain this. Maybe later. Lets say LHP/discordianism until I think of a more specific definition. What do you find true in Buddhism.

>>24137081
Do banishing rituals?
Thanks ^_^
>>
>>24136265
Define "Spirituality"
>>
>>24137120
I get it.

>>24137121
Complicated. Read and understand. Also meditate. You will start to achieve various realisations.
>>
>>24137100
Well chi is part of thousands of years of chinese medcine and culture

>>24137129
How do you do banishing rituals? I'm starting to think they have been haunting me since i was young. Ive seen shadow figues as a kid, lots of deja vu, ect
>>
>>24137152
Usage of consciousness.
>>
>>24137188
I am from a phone atm, google LBRP (lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram)
Go to hermetics.org and search for more advanced ones if LBRP doesnt work
>>
>Why dont you use all the time you usually waste to advance spiritually, /r9k/?
because I'm already procrastinating on something else with a deadline
leave me alone bitch
>>
>>24137259
Alright, thank you
>>
File: 1442755899137.gif (1 MB, 349x194) Image search: [Google]
1442755899137.gif
1 MB, 349x194
>>24137208
So you're about that.
Yeah its great stuff, you learn how to control yourself and shit, really eases life.

Funny thing that I found is people who do tend to develop this kinda stuff don't always know how / want to teach it. I mean, Marcus Aurelius wrote "Meditations" as a bloody diary for himself, rather than the self-development book that it is today, and he was one of the very first.

People will tend to shrug you off when you tell them about it. Its a psychological thing, its easier to call someone a "spiritual faggot" rather than acknowledge that you have very little control over yourself, and actually start gradually working towards a better self.

TL;DR, don't expect people to understand you or listen to you. Ignorance is a bliss.
>>
sometimes i feel like lazarus. that i see that i have lived my life in the wrong way completely, too gentle, too much junk food, too lazy, too many videogames, not enough exercise, too much sitting, i listen to every stupid idea suggested to me. don't give a shit, whatever, keep your head down, give up. i've studied many esoteric subjects and have come to the conclusion that i follow the phenotype of a lone lab rat in a cage killing itself with drugs ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao8L-0nSYzg ).
>>
>>24137356
Because its dangerous. Way too dangerous. Anyways, my turn. What is your [Truth]?
>>
>>24137129
You sound pretty cute, Raven
>>
>>24137423
I am sorry for you anon but sadly I cant comprehend how anyone could feel like this. Can you try to be more positive?
>>
>>24137503
Thanks anon ^_^
I dont hear this often...
>>
BrIAY hQu pYru qnu dyh ]
When the hands and the feet and the body are dirty,
bharee-ai hath pair tan dayh.

pwxI DoqY auqrsu Kyh ]
water can wash away the dirt.
paanee Dhotai utras khayh.

mUq plIqI kpVu hoie ]
When the clothes are soiled and stained by urine,
moot paleetee kaparh ho-ay.

dy swbUxu leIAY Ehu Doie ]
soap can wash them clean.
day saaboon la-ee-ai oh Dho-ay.

BrIAY miq pwpw kY sMig ]
But when the intellect is stained and polluted by sin,
bharee-ai mat paapaa kai sang.

Ehu DopY nwvY kY rMig ]
it can only be cleansed by the Love of the Name.
oh Dhopai naavai kai rang.
>The name is truth.
puMnI pwpI AwKxu nwih ]
Virtue and vice do not come by mere words;
punnee paapee aakhan naahi.

kir kir krxw iliK lY jwhu ]
actions repeated, over and over again, are engraved on the soul.
kar kar karnaa likh lai jaahu.

Awpy bIij Awpy hI Kwhu ]
You shall harvest what you plant.
aapay beej aapay hee khaahu.

nwnk hukmI Awvhu jwhu ]20]
O Nanak, by the Hukam of God`s Command, we come and go in reincarnation. ||20||
naanak hukmee aavhu jaahu. ||20||

qIrQu qpu dieAw dqu dwnu ]
Pilgrimages, austere discipline, compassion and charity
tirath tap da-i-aa dat daan.

jy ko pwvY iql kw mwnu ]
-these, by themselves, bring only an iota of merit.
jay ko paavai til kaa maan.

suixAw mMinAw min kIqw Bwau ]
Listening and believing with love and humility in your mind,
suni-aa mani-aa man keetaa bhaa-o.

AMqrgiq qIriQ mil nwau ]
cleanse yourself with the Name, at the sacred shrine deep within.
antargat tirath mal naa-o.

siB gux qyry mY nwhI koie ]
All virtues are Yours, Lord, I have none at all.
sabh gun tayray mai naahee ko-ay.
>>
>>24137483
I think of spirituality as self-development and I view it from a totally scientific approach.
I tried this mystic stuff, and found it uninteresting and useless. Too much waddling in the dark and uncertainty.
>>
White Raven are you single?
I'd let to get to you know better one on one
I too enjoy spiritual things
I am a very cute handsome young virile man
>>
>>24137628
I see. I used to be like this a long time ago.

>>24137545
I think I got the idea but sadly I disagree with it.

>>24137745
You realise I am a heterosexual man right?
>>
It's not really something I'm interested in I guess. I have no real understanding of an "absolute" definition on what spirituality entails exactly; different people use different definitions and approaches.

Especially the whole "enlightenment" and mystical/mythical stuff surrounding it (like being able to shoot Chi balls as an ad absurdum example, but also not convinced reincarnation is a thing) is not even remotely interesting to me as I haven't seen any data/proof of it being actually true so to speak.

That said, I have done my fair share of introspection and still use it daily, defined and refined my norms and values crudely based on various spiritual principals and whatnot (or rather, various spiritual principles happen to mention it as well).
I'm conscious of the things I do and why I do them, and a big part of the actions and more specifically thoughts that are/were detrimental to me I've learned to prevent myself from doing by compensating in or countering them with other actions or thoughts, effectively avoiding them from happening.

Things like believing demons and other otherworldly entities exist and somehow roam around us and affect us while there's zero measurements of them as we currently can measure, is not something I'll do any time soon. I don't see how anything of that would even benefit me, either.

I can also already appreciate the smaller things in life, and have a pretty much positive disposition overall (even if the world can be a fucked up place all things considered). I don't know how spirituality would benefit me what so ever.
Much like how religion would be of zero benefit to me. And I don't happen to believe, to boot.
>>
>>24138171
I agree. But it can benefit you - it can make you stronger. Keep looking, you are almost there.
>>
File: hermes2.jpg (77 KB, 437x600) Image search: [Google]
hermes2.jpg
77 KB, 437x600
Entertainment of the highest order and a very good exercise to keep the mind sharp.
I could have gone without it, though.

It's also not something to be proud of. Psychology is a woman's science.
>>
File: dimensionss.jpg (108 KB, 627x642) Image search: [Google]
dimensionss.jpg
108 KB, 627x642
>>24136265
im the producer of the harvest threads

what do u know?
>>
>>24138999
I said spirituality, not philosophy.

>>24139117
I dont know about the harvest threads, never seen one of them.
I'd say I am over 7. 4 is to learn love, you have to let go of love. 5 - 7 need more words and I have classes, might explain them when I get home.
>>
>>24139250
>I'd say I am over 7
lol. no. these are not psychological stages. each one takes millions of years

>might explain them when I get home.
sure. i have time
>>
>>24139334
>each one takes millions of years
"Time" isn't linear in 5 (or 4?) and beyond, so each one certainly doesn't take millions of years lmao.
>>
>>24139429
okay mate if u say so
>>
The most spiritual and meaningful thing you can do on earth is to kill yourself.
>>
File: get real.jpg (58 KB, 550x250) Image search: [Google]
get real.jpg
58 KB, 550x250
>spiritualism meme
>it matters
Let me introduce you to the fact that the universe itself is gonna die, fucking hippies.
>>
>>24139487
are those your thoughts or are you parroting?
>>
File: 570116134.jpg (31 KB, 567x561) Image search: [Google]
570116134.jpg
31 KB, 567x561
>>24139117
>all those false dichotomies
>>
>>24139553
You need to eleborate if u want an explanation. I can answer to everything topic related, if it's a worthwhile question
>>
>>24139546
It's funny how all those spiritualfags get sick, eat, go to work and delude themselves with some fairytale bullshit and tell everyone that the biggest sin you an do is to kill yourself. There's nothing better than being dead, the reunification with nothingness, the eternal sleep. Being here in earth is completely shit and meaningless, but keep on meditating and think you are better and more enlightened than the normies
>>
>>24139666
>666
i should have guessed it was you beezlbot
>>
File: DTR.jpg (57 KB, 1054x589) Image search: [Google]
DTR.jpg
57 KB, 1054x589
>>24139663
I don't need explanations when I'm capable of third person introspection outside of my mind, I have answers I'm content with myself, not some junk thrown around on the net
>>
>>24139334
You can cheat time. Dreaming -> Lucid Dreaming -> Astral projection -> Inner projection -> meeting/conversing with HGA -> HGA unification -> time transcendance (dreams get longer and longer and real life starts to feel like a dream, for example i sleep 4 hours/day max, i train hard sth like 6 hours/day and i still dont feel that tired and my dreams last for weeks, i fall asleep instantly etc. so time is irrelevant. The next level is the Void but currently I am too scared to advance.
Anyways the dimension of wisdom 5 is that point when you start seeing the wrong in everyone and wondering why cant they correct it, love and wisdom 6 is when you start loving not because of the things people are good at but because of the things they are not good at; you love people because they are imperfect
7 is when you understand that you cant reach perfection because you are born in an imperfect world

>>24139520
Noone said that the universe wont die.

>>24139666
Thats the point. Leave the best to be the last.
>>
If you're so goddamn enlightened, what real world results have you had?
>>
>>24136265
but that's my gif
>>
File: 1443555093443.png (115 KB, 347x372) Image search: [Google]
1443555093443.png
115 KB, 347x372
>newage "spirituality"

when will u stupid /x/-fags learn?
>>
>>24140972
Despite being just 18, I have medals from math competitions, I can operate and manually navigate a telescope, I've been to CERN (European agency for nuclear research) with a special pass which allowed me to go down at the LHC itself, I can program with c++,python,ruby,pascal and javascript also I am currently training shotokan karate and I can hold my ground vs 2nd dan black belt. Recently started taking model prep course, already have a contract with a model agency so I will start working right after the course finishes. Also got C1 in English this summer.

>>24141141
Ok, I will look for another one then :/
>>
>>24141207
Fuck it, the only ok newage is discordianism, rest is shit.
>>
Serious question OP. Is the Kybalion worth reading or is it BS.
>>
File: 43543555.gif (483 KB, 272x251) Image search: [Google]
43543555.gif
483 KB, 272x251
>>24141227
no you can use it
I don't actually care
>>
>>24141227
That' impressive, but not what I meant. Do you see auras?
>>
File: 1420927065402.jpg (92 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1420927065402.jpg
92 KB, 768x1024
>>24136265
That's an interesting topic.

I've read and studied various religions, taditions and philosophies and I realized that there's no definite answer for most of us in them.

My conclusion is that modern, western male permavirgins are in a bad spot because we're in the worst of both worlds when it comes to spirituality. We're not engaged in a traditional spiritual path (elevation - detachment) and we're not getting the full human experience (leads to transcendence).

Chad, at 40-50 years old may experience some sort of crisis and awakening, and he'll be able to answer the call since he's "lived his life". He can transcend the human experience. No regrets, or at least manageable ones.

Some monk in a european or asian monastery in the middle of nowhere made his choice clear, whether he renounced his normie life or embraced his spiritual path early. In either case, he's made his choice. He has his faith.

But we're in the worst place to be spiritually. We let our desires grow out of control via escapist media consumption, daydreaming, drugs, you name it, we created countless demons inside our minds and our ego has been sitting on the driver's seat for too long. And since we're not monks, we don't have the proper tutorials to get rid of all this shit.

Should we all try ayahuasca or iboga ? Should we try to imitate Chad (and probably fail miserably) ? You know, in a lot of european monasteries and churches they'll reject your application if you let out that you're a permavirgin. Isn't that funny ?

I don't know. I don't know what to make of this.
>>
>>24140348
what is hga
>>
>>24141366
>You know, in a lot of european monasteries and churches they'll reject your application if you let out that you're a permavirgin.

But why? I would have thought they would welcome someone less likely to break their vows of celibacy.
>>
>>24136265
recommend me a good starting point
>>
>>24141445
The idea is that you're probably a homo and/or a pedo because after all, if you're a virgin, there must be something wrong with you.

We actually discussed this on Wizardchan a while ago.
>>
>>24141486
>recommend me a good starting point
Do a fuckton of pranayama, but start off slow.
>>
File: 1444957895001.jpg (54 KB, 556x513) Image search: [Google]
1444957895001.jpg
54 KB, 556x513
>>24141544
>pranayama
ok thanks
>>
File: 1444275106527.png (100 KB, 352x345) Image search: [Google]
1444275106527.png
100 KB, 352x345
How do I into Taoism?
>>
>>24141261
I'm wondering this too. /fringe/ on (4*2)chan recommends it as a good introduction. Has anyone read it?
>>
>>24141261
>Kybalion
No, it has no practical information. Don't waste your time.
>>
>>24141606
In order to understand it you also have to understand Confucianism. I suggest starting off with the Tao Te Cheng, The Zhuangzi, and the Analects of Confucius. Both schools of thought developed around the same period. Confucianism will seem more straightforward and like a western philosophical school like Stocism, you have to understand what the Confucians are saying because the Taoists often like to achieve sort of similar goals in different ways. While Confucianism is more explicit Taoists are famous for using unconventional methods, shunning strict adherence to codes or methods, etc. Confucians fly by pushing themselves into the air, Taoists fly by throwing themselves at the ground and missing.
>>
>>24141261
Everything is worth reading.

>>24141266
Thanks anon ^_^

>>24141274
No but I can feel threads so I never really tried at auras.

>>24141366
I can help you, if you seek guidance. Just keep in mind that everything has 2 sides. Will explain better after 30 min cuz i need a shower.

>>24141396
Holy Guardian Angel

>>24141486
pranayama is good, yeah
limit eating for fast results and laying meditation for deeper experience
>>
What's the point of spirituality?
>>
>>24141366
>My conclusion is that modern, western male permavirgins are in a bad spot because we're in the worst of both worlds when it comes to spirituality.
I dont think so. See
>We're not engaged in a traditional spiritual path
gives us a lot of options.
>we're not getting the full human experience (leads to transcendence)
Ignorance is bliss.
>Chad, at 40-50 years old may experience some sort of crisis and awakening, and he'll be able to answer the call since he's "lived his life". He can transcend the human experience. No regrets, or at least manageable ones.
He will probably suicide.
> We let our desires grow out of control via escapist media consumption, daydreaming, drugs, you name it, we created countless demons inside our minds and our ego has been sitting on the driver's seat for too long. And since we're not monks, we don't have the proper tutorials to get rid of all this shit
We can carve our own path. Its more material for growth.
>Should we all try ayahuasca or iboga ?
NO.
>Should we try to imitate Chad (and probably fail miserably) ?
Old but gold - just be yourself.
>You know, in a lot of european monasteries and churches they'll reject your application if you let out that you're a permavirgin. Isn't that funny ?
It should be a serious decision, not some momenthum thing.
>>24143676
Personal growth and unification with the mind and the body?
>>
Because is fucking retarded. Any benefit that can come from "spiritual" practices are merly psychological. So having that in mind you come to realize that all you need is to know yourself and train/exercise your mind properly. When you do that then you can eleminate the middle man completly and save so much in time in uslesss practices.
>>
>>24144520
Not only. You develop your other senses. Too lazy to google proper shit atm but I think the last proven thing is that humans have 9 senses... I remember it cuz we had an argument with a friend. He is making PhD in neuroscience and says that they might add 2 more senses next year. It all started with how humans actually feel better when touched by another human being... anyways the brain can be trained, its a muscle after all. The mind cannot.
>>
File: 1426469522407.jpg (117 KB, 847x845) Image search: [Google]
1426469522407.jpg
117 KB, 847x845
>>24144218
>Ignorance is bliss.
Mmmh I'm not sure about that one.

>NO.
Why ? Do you think that the use of plants can impede spiritual development ?

>We can carve our own path.
Maybe, but it's a lot more work for us than for the average joe since most writings out there are made by normal people who had a relatively normal life. Most authors if not all in the fringe library had many sexual partners, a wife/husband, kids, and could transcend all that.

Literally the only guy I think wouldn't say that being an angry virgin is a problem is Juan Matus in Castaneda's books, but then again would he have taken an emotionally stunted virgin manchild as an apprentice, I'm not sure.

Most european mentors, hell even asian ones would tell you to get your shit together before engaging in any kind of spiritual pursuit. But we can't do that, since it would probably mean for many of us to get absolutely rekt materially and spiritually and dying after a painful life of failed normalcy.
>>
>>24144727
>anyways the brain can be trained, its a muscle after all. The mind cannot.

What is meditation?

That's what i was refering to, you choose to see things as if they were greater than what they truly are and that might lead to unnecessary thoughts and habits. I prefer to see things in a more simple and mundane manner.

Your mind at the core is nothing but the set of; chemicals, hormones and electric impulses that occur in your brain.
>>
>>24144884
>Mmmh I'm not sure about that one.
Trust me. Thats probably the only thing I would like you to really have my word for.

>Why ? Do you think that the use of plants can impede spiritual development ?
If used incorrectly it can lead to mental problems. Find a proper occultist to do it with.

Why? I fuck girls but I keep doing autistic shit all the time. I have the need to go for a walk for 10+ hours every week with my phone off so that people just stop bothering me.

>>24145091
I try to see things as greater and complex in order to break them down to even simpler ones. Thats the whole point of the scientific method, isnt it?
>>
>>24145265
>Thats the whole point of the scientific method, isnt it?

No, the whole point of the scientific method is to observe thing as for they really are no matter how big and small.
>>
>>24145265
If used incorrectly yes. There's a proper way to use these things. And they really don't hurt that much if used wrong, though they can definetly give you a stunted view on things.
>>
1. If I ever see you namefagging in other threads I'll hide all your posts.

2. I'm very interested in the spiritual and have been studying philosophy like taoism for years.

I recently started meditation which is great for calming down my thoughts. Any things else you recommend? I'm not too into the occult, just attempting to comprehend my inner side.
>>
>>24137043
I agree, I would reccomend mysticism and meditation to everyone. Meditating upgraded my well being and intelligence. I remember discovering it and feeling like I finally found a way out. It has given me enough stability to be in trade school, and enough room for self improvement to not worry about meeting a partner once I work on myself long enough.
>>
>>24145404
I cant explain myself properly sorry.

>>24145561
The classics. Dream diary. Write everything down.
Scheduled eating. Eat only 10-12 out of 24 hours. Then make it 8. 6 is optimal I think. Try to balance body/spirit/mind progress. I cant really explain it but if the levels of progress are close, you progress faster.
>>
>>24144727
It's nice to see another spiritualist tripfag btw, been doing the same for months at this point. Not well known because I try not to attention whore. My name is based on the actual legend of the kitsune, as being as wise and sharp as possible is part of my endgame, that and strong control of thought creations and advanced daydreaming. What's your endgame raven? Still learning why you walk this path?
>>
>>24145885
namefag*
Usually I post on /x/ but its too much roleplay these days so I find myself here more often. I should make a divination thread for the poor souls here sometimes. My endgame is conflict itself. I am too tired to explain it now, maybe tomorrow if the thread is still up. Good night kitsune ^_^
>>
>>24145863
>I cant explain myself properly sorry.

You don't need to.
>>
>>24146202
>Usually I post on /x/
Yeah no shit, stay there next time.
>>
>>24140348
>Noone said that the universe wont die.
That's the point, this spiritualism meme needs to end. Just bee yourself, hoping to reborn as some other species and shit like this is pathetic.
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.