[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In the midst of drugs, junk food and "how do I kill myself"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: healthy-food-stocks[1].jpg (143 KB, 1118x746) Image search: [Google]
healthy-food-stocks[1].jpg
143 KB, 1118x746
In the midst of drugs, junk food and "how do I kill myself" threads, is there anyone else into healthy eating and lifestyle here? Not /fit/fags who chug brotein to build muscles they only use for lifting, thats just about appearances, has little or nothing to do with genuine health. I'm guessing I am healthier than 99% of 4chan. Its not that I want to live forever or even live long, but I want to be able bodied and not in pain while I am alive, so I don't eat nutrient poor processed carcinogenic pseudo-foods that make me feel and look like shit, and do eat and drink things that support optimal functioning of the body. Because health - freedom basically. In 40 years if you're still alive, do you want to be weak, sad and in chronic pain, or drying of cancer? Or would you rather be able to walk around, digest food, sleep well, and have fun?

>eat mostly raw fruits and vegetables, dairy, lean meats, nuts, non-wheat bread, crackers and other grains
>lots or probiotic and antioxidant foods and supplements
>walk for 2 hours a day or more on average
>take dynamic yoga classes 4 times a week
>take various other supplements to make sure I get enough vital nutrients and maintain/heal body processes

Share tips and experiences here. Only reason I'm not the absolute healthiest I could be is lingering effects of various injuries, and the fact that I spend so much time sitting at the computer watching TV, fapping and shitposting.
>>
>>24135051
>decided to fast to get rid of all the shit in my body
>have been living off black bread and water for 2 weeks

it'll make you feel amazing, I don't even miss the stuff I used to consume
>>
File: 1447065419358.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1447065419358.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>24135051
I love salads.
>>
no one cares homo, go back to reddit
>>
only when my mommy cooks
>>
>>24135051
>non-wheat bread
>dynamic yoga
Don't forget to activate your almonds, family.
>>
I mostly eat healthy. I spent a lot of time in bed so I'm recovering but I've worked to eliminate almost all sugar from my diet but my protein shake has some in it. I eat vegetables with every main meal and also eat nuts and seeds. I don't eat wheat products.
I lift but my real desire is to have long lasting energy and better cardio. I can ride for 30mins on gravel, somewhat hilly terain but it's actually tough desu. I've improved alot but I have a long way to go. Problem is mum does by bad foods and when I get depressed I eat them. I'm not fat actually I'm skeleton mode with a weak stomach finding it hard to gain mass. My joints have been sore lately too. Mostly my shoulder. Probably got weak after all the time I spent in bed and has been shocked by my weight lifting.
>>
>>24137086
>but my protein shake has some in it.
Do you use flavored protein?
>>
Yeah, superfoods and other bs like that are my hobby. I eat them "ironically"
>>
>>24137192
Yeah. I don't really need a shake with 90 percent protein as I get enough from everything else I eat. , So I have one with carbs and sugar in it.

I was advised to take supplements by my doctor for weight gain. I stopped taking the one he suggested in favour of one with less sugar. But this one is still 20 percent sugar.
>>
>>24135051

>non-wheat bread, crackers and other grains

I hope you have celiac disease and aren't one of those idiots who believe the bullshit that makes wheat into some kind of folk demon
>>
>>24137280
Then you are most likely overpaying. Protein is the expensive part. You can get carbs and fat cheaper.
>>
>>24135051
>yoga
Lol faggot
>>
File: Costanza.jpg (16 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Costanza.jpg
16 KB, 250x250
>supplementing protein with a disgusting, processed "shake"
>not eating legumes and meat
>falling for a scam intended to feed waste from the processed food industry back to humans instead of livestock, at a premium
>>
>>24137365
>whey
>processed
Let me guess, you think butter is processed, too?
>>
>>24137302
Yeah that's another reason why I stopped taking the other one. It was 40 percent sugar and very expensive just because it's well known.

I don't even know if I need a protein supplement. Doctors try to suggest it's to increase calories but as you said I could just eat sugar for cheap, even though sugar is poison. But I could eat other cheap high energy foods. .
>>24137365
I eat lentils every day m8
>>
>>24137409
It's most definitely not to increase calorie intake. How much protein you get per day not counting the shake?
>>
>>24137450
I don't know. Large egg, 100g canned fish, piece of meat for dinner. 20 almonds and decent amount of seeds, and milk. Oats and lentils although I'm not sure how much protein they have. . I also eat beans some days. Sound good? I tend to binge on the oats/seeds which I have stuck together with coconut butter and peanut butter. .
>>
Healthfag reporting in.

> cut sugar completely years ago
> barely eat wheat
> drink lots of water
> daily bread is sourdough rye
> do cardio only
> during berry season picked lots of bilberries, dried and powdered them for the winter

Oh, chlorella is fucking magic btw.

>>24137291
> I hope you have celiac disease and aren't one of those idiots who believe the bullshit that makes wheat into some kind of folk demon

My grandpa had celiac disease, so I have some reason to avoid wheat. That said, studies prove the downsides of gluten for many people and phytates for everyone.
>>
>>24137527
Not necessarily binge but it's my go to snack food desu. I only eat one egg for breakfast since eating a lot of protein is uncomfortable first thing in the morning.
>>24137544
Berry picker as FUCK m8
>>
>>24137527
Just google how much protein there is in the foods you eat and add it up.
oats is like 10-13g per 100g (dry weight)
rice is less than 10
nuts, beans, lentils 20+
meat 20+ (more if dried meat)
milk 32g per litre
etc
You want something like 1g per pound of bodyweight. The protein should help reduce muscle loss when eating at a caloric deficit, too.
>>
You sound like a reddit-fag. Get outttt
>>
>healthy food
is fucking expensive.
>>
>>24137978
>excuses
its not btw
>>
>drying of cancer
Why should I trust a guy who doesn't understand the difference between cancer and dehydration
>>
>>24138052
>its not
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>24135051
I'd love to do this as well. In fact I've been planning it for quite a while.

But's it pretty fucking expensive.
Even if I could buy all the food, I don't even have a kitchen. I live in a dorm. I can't store a bunch of food in the common fridge, and the kitchen isn't exactly clean.
And it takes lots of time. Washing all vegetables, slicing them, washing dishes etc.
I wouldn't mind that if I had a proper kitched, but not it's impossible.
>>
>>24135051
I cook most of my own food. I still eat tendies from Popeye's every now and then. I also try to get a lot of walking/jogging into my schedule. I've done about 40km over the weekend. I want to get to 100km by Thursday.

It really makes me feel better overall to eat well and exercise.
>>
Well why not eat healthy food? Well, first it's expensive and second it takes a lot of time to prepare and simply to maintain to healthy lifestyle. If you're poor, living in a society in which we live in, it's very difficult to maintain a healthy diet. The rich well they can buy all the health that they want after they've finished destroying it by excessive commodified enjomymeant. The poor have to pay dearly for their health, the rich can just buy it.
>>
I lift weights and ride a bike. I don't drink alcohol or smoke anything. I don't take any drugs of any kind.

I think the one thing I'm sort of bad about is eating sugary snacks and desserts but for the most part my diet is pretty clean. I don't drink sweet drinks and I barely eat bread. I try to eat little meat and when I do it it, it's something like fish or poultry.

That's just the beginning though. I want to spend less time online and start spending more time reading. I feel like the shallow motivations of western society are making people unhappy. I'd like to be proud of who I am and of what I spend my time on.
>>
>>24138282
Common misconception. Truth is, eating healthy isn't that much more expensive. It's only a considerable price difference if you can only afford to live off Ramen, but that's a minority.
>>
>>24138366
pretty sure it costs just as much to live off of lentils or oats, and even that would be more healthy than eating ramen
>>
Athlete tier but got fat because I stopped sports but kept eating 3000 calories. 200 pounds of skin bone and muscle, but 100 pounds of fat. ideal weight around 220, max weight 316, under 300 now. Lost 18 over 2 1/2 months. Some lifting but mostly diet.

Protein: I get plenty already. Meats and nuts.

Carbs: Cut hard. Very little bread, flour substitutes like flax and coconut flour when I make homemade stuff.

Vegetables: Fuck Yea. Low calorie and fucking filling, replaces high calorie pastas and such. Cauliflower as big as my head for under $2. When baked with some olive oil and seasoned salt, replaces any craving for chips.

Spaghetti Squash with meat, tomatoes, zucchini.

Stir fry broccoli, onions, carrots, pea pods.

Seasoning can make anything taste good. Use spices that have been used for 1000s of years, like Turmeric, Coriander, Cumin. I also like Lawry's personally, makes any vegetable or meat more savory.

Also maybe just eat less of what you already eat, fatties. I will have to once I plateau. Problem, meet solution.
>>
>>24135051
Who /malnourished/ here?
>>
>>24138404
>When baked with some olive oil and seasoned salt, replaces any craving for chips.

You just chuck that bad boy in the oven whole or cut it up? My diet is good for 90% of what I consume, but the 10% is when i get lazy and feel like snacking and resort to shitty meal habits. I've seen recipes for thinly sliced zucchini with Tabasco, and baking for an hour or two to make chips also.
>>
>>24138577
Cut up, fo sho. I can eat a whole head this way. Not the most variety, but be full for hours for under 300 calories if you don't overdo the olive oil.
>>
>>24135051
Trying to adopt, as well OP

Life went to shit, but I just picked up a part-time job recently. Eventually going to try to leave /r9k/ for good, too

With extra money coming in, I can eat a lot healthier than I used to. Its not completely free of bad foods yet, but I'll get there

Im focusing on getting my shit together in college, trying to get back into my hobbies, gonna cut way back on marijuana usage, and cutting back on tv/internet/video game time, as well

I have a lot of issues and I'm probably permanently fucked and doomed to live a lonely life, but at least I can accept the way things turned out and make the best of it
>>
Pretty much, but I believe in moderation more than complete elimination of things like sugar and fat, red meat, etc.

I completely cut out soft drinks when I was in high school and avoid other sources of excess added sugar, but chocolate is still a vice. Maybe on weekends I'll indulge in some pizza and french fries, but not habitually.

I'm only 20, so I can take some liberties. Once I'm older or if I start to gain weight I'll try to eliminate those vices. It should't be too hard though, because once you start breaking bad eating habits it's easy to break more
>>
>>24138677
Dope, thanks senpai will give it crack
>>
Two more things to try, flavors rather absent in the western world that might blow your mind if you've never had them.

Curry. I make the Nepali variant. Onions cooked down with the aforementioned spices of Turmeric(The Golden Goddess) Coriander, Cumin, Garlic, Pepper, with rice, meat and vegetables. All the ingredients are pretty much superfood type spices in their own right.

Zaatar: I've had the Jordanian kind, not sure exactly whats in it, but generally a mix of thyme, oregano, marjoram, and sesame seeds with salt.
>>
>>24135051
>Not /fit/fags who chug brotein to build muscles they only use for lifting, thats just about appearances,

youre dumb af man
>>
Salads are great but I could never get into liking salad dressings. I haven't bought bread as well in years since it's bad for you.
>>
>>24137978
It's actually cheaper.

Not sure how poor people can afford to eat like shit. It's probobly part of the reason they're broke.

>rice
>dry beans
>bone-in dark meats are like a dollar a pound or less
>frozen veggies
>eggs
>milk
>peanut butter
>garden vegetables (seeds are like 50 cents a bag nigga. Just throw them in the dirt = free produce)
>pasta
>tuna/other canned fish
>oats
>etc etc

The list goes on. Eating clean is cheap as hell. But it requires that you know how to cook.

I guess that's an entry barrier for some people.
>>
I am a no gluten sugar free vegan fag, was a unhealthy vegetarian for ten years and my life is better now. My body feels great and all of my little shitty problems are gone
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Hey guys, Im trying to get healthier though maybe not /fit/, but having a problem with eating

Ive never really had to watch what i ate because I had a great metabolism, but now its gone and im worried i gained too much and im kind of flabby.

I started dieting and running a couple of weeks ago, but I get hungry and end up overeating. Will it get easier once I start losing weight?
>>
File: IMG_20151011_144256049_HDR.jpg (2 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151011_144256049_HDR.jpg
2 MB, 1456x2592
>have little garden with fresh tomatoes, bell peppers and herbs
>have small flock of chickens with fresh eggs
Feels pretty good desu
Pic related
>>
>>24135051
>>eat mostly raw fruits and vegetables, dairy, lean meats, nuts, non-wheat bread, crackers and other grains
you forgot olive oil. also crackers and bread are industrial products.

>>lots or probiotic and antioxidant foods and supplements
you dont need supplements. natural food covers everything.

>>walk for 2 hours a day or more on average
at least 1 hour is enough

>>take dynamic yoga classes 4 times a week
nice

>>take various other supplements to make sure I get enough vital nutrients and maintain/heal body processes
that supplements will have bad effects on you later. cut them
>>
>>24139179
Boy or girl tho? Your shape looks similar to mine and I'm a skellington boy.
>>
>>24138094
>>24138282
Bullshit. Healthy food doesn't have to be expensive. You don't have to eat motherfucking salmon every day to be have a better diet than 90% of people. If you care about variety, you'll probably need some cooking skills. Otherwise, you can just eat the same basic shit all day long.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.