[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does eva make anyone else here hate their life? It honestly just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9
File: 1443389658977.gif (1003 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1443389658977.gif
1003 KB, 500x500
Does eva make anyone else here hate their life?
It honestly just makes me want to kill myself
That "I'm so fucked up scene" isn't funny it's relatable and I can put myself in his shoes and see how much shinjis poor little mind is full of storming negativity
Rei also gives me feelios
It takes me back to a time I was really depressed
Even when I'm happy I just go back to that and I feel like how I felt then
Same with Spirited Away. Also gives me intense feelings that lead to me wanting to blow my head off and I don't know why
>>
I agree. I related to shinji very well and got attatched to and loved all the characters then they died except shinji and asuka and i got sad
Creates a weird existential feelings
>>
>Tfw I stopped watching 2 episodes before the end
>Didn't watch any of the movies or reconstructions or whatever

Don't like the feels they give me. Sorry
>>
They nailed the depression part and atmosphere.

anyway, CONGRATULATIONS!!!11111!11
>>
I found the TV ending to be more harrowing than EoE. The parts where each character is just sitting in a chair talking about how much they hate themselves.
>>
File: 4386270834.png (394 KB, 629x558) Image search: [Google]
4386270834.png
394 KB, 629x558
No shit. There's a reason the Japs are always an heroing.

If you're afraid of becoming depressed don't watch anime.
>>
File: evangelionneonpoopoo.png (123 KB, 1290x1212) Image search: [Google]
evangelionneonpoopoo.png
123 KB, 1290x1212
REEEE ANGELS GET OUT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HtdfhJVLJU
>>
I want to rewatch it just to analyze it tbqh, but yes, shinji's situation is relatable. i hate how most people think he's a pussy though.
>>
File: 1332655616540.jpg (117 KB, 1241x1552) Image search: [Google]
1332655616540.jpg
117 KB, 1241x1552
Sort of, however I never really got Shinji's way of thinking nor the appeal of Asuka.

Is the Rei trip still banned? I miss the trolling.
>>
>>24133971
yeah I get those same feelings, but it also makes me hopeful. The ending to EoE is depresing, no doubt, but I like to think of it as shinji and asuka finally confronting each other without any pretense, and everyone makes some sort of peace with their lives before they get tanged. It tells us we can love one another if we are willing to confrot the hatred we all share inside us. The TV ending has a similar message.
>>
>>24134170
Asuka acts like a real girl at least in the series. Shinji also acted like a bitchboy teenager would act under pressure
>>
Eva isn't even that good.
>>
>>24134143
He is a fucking pussy.

His situation is relatable, it's the way he deals with it that isn't.

He never speaks out against or resists any of the people mocking him.
>>
>>24134348
you haven't seen many robots get bullied in real life then
>>
File: elliot-rodger.jpg (13 KB, 258x289) Image search: [Google]
elliot-rodger.jpg
13 KB, 258x289
>>24134369
>bullied robots never snap

Besides, unlike robots in real life, Shinji gets bullied by girls only. (Well, two girls.)

Guys don't even bother him.
>>
Shinji was an insufferable faggot. He had all of these qt's around him, piloted a giant not-robot, and had good, close, friends.

Also Asuka a shit
>>
I know, I know I've let you down
I've been a fool to myself
I thought that I could live for no one else
But now through all the hurt and pain
It's time for me to respect
The ones you love mean more than anything
So with sadness in my heart
I feel the best thing I could do
Is end it all and leave forever
What's done is done it feels so bad
What once was happy now is sad
I'll never love again
My world is ending
;__________;
>>
Eva made depressed for a day since I marathoned it
Haibane Renmei made me want to kill myself
>>
>>24133971
Watch 25-26. There's the answer to all our problems.
Unless you're talking about the Rebuilds. In which case kill urself.
>>
File: 1405162485892.jpg (184 KB, 512x1567) Image search: [Google]
1405162485892.jpg
184 KB, 512x1567
so fucked up
>>
>>24135039
so the answer is to trip on dmt and ketamine?
>>
>>24135148
I have a question
Is evangelion based on psychedelics?
I know episode 25 is the "psychedelic episode" and I never got that until I did psyches myself and I later realized a lot of the thoughts I had heavily resembled that episode
I even got out of it the same fucking way
Maybe it happened subconsiously
>>
>>24135201
short answer is yes
>>
Got bitches on my cock like I own a harem
All over my balls and they love to share em
3D hoes are what used to control me
Thirsted for pussy but that's the old me

Got waifus for days, tsundere, kawaii
Spend all I get paid on adorable lolis
Love so pure the deepest connection
10 Gs a month on my figurine collection

All my waifus got fine ass titties
Superior by far to 3DPDs
Masterfully done, enthralling stories
Direct to my screen from an island country

Zankoku na tenshi no youni
Gainax made Eva for niggas like me
Shonen yo shinwa ni nare
I will be king weaboo one day

Take command like the true nigga Gendo
Raping angels hard in their rear ends, yo'
Play it super smooth like my boy Shinji
Pin bitches to the ground covered in panties

Who needs bitches when I have waifus
Dakimakuras and tengas for life, foo'
Couldn't care less about the size of my dick
Until they get me on that NTR shit

How many times do I have to say
I'mma live my life the true weaboo way
Straight up obsessed with anime
Addicted to waifus, that shit is moe
>>
>>24135148
It's just be (confident in) yourself and don't run away.

>implying instrumentality wasn't a metaphor for suicide

>>24135201
Instrumentality was a metaphor for suicide or total isolation. Its supposed to be Shinji's subconscious, which is why it looks like an acid trip.
>>
>>24135366
this is an illiterate pleb that hasn't had a psychedelic experience
>>
>>24135201
no it's just that evangelion ran out of budget and they just try to string a bunch of shit so the audience to guess what happened.

This is why End of Evangelion came out
>>
>>24134462
>bullied robots never snap
Never implied that. Many robots actually don't snap in a sense they retaliate against others but they end up killing themselves. Obviously you get some cases of people getting to a certain point and retaliating instead.

Also Shinji got punched by one of the male characters early and didn't do shit and just stood there. His relationship with his distant father was one of the overarching themes in the show
>>
>>24135479
EoE is just a more literal representation of certain psychadelics. The whole human instrumentality project, the dissolution of your ego into a collective consciousness, is a quintessentially psychedelic phenomena
>>
>>24135550
Okay, if you've taken psychedelics then you have more info on this than I do so I'm going to assume you're right. I understood the dissolution of the ego when I was watching the show but I don't have any experience with psychedelics so nothing to connect it with.
>>
Evangelion literally completes my life. I find almost all anime too desukawai for me to enjoy, most of it is so childish I can barely stand to watch more than one episode before giving up. Eva is the only anime I've been able to watch start to finish several times and still enjoy. The entire series was perfect, and even more enjoyable when taking strong drugs to enhance the experience.
>>
>>24135550
>instrumentality is about drugs and not a plot vehicle to explain Shinji's problems which was what the entire series was talking about
How would Anno even get his hands on psychedelics in Japan retard
>>
>>24135819
you're a moron, a fat horrible moron
>>
>>24133971
>Rei also gives me feelios

How? She's a shit character with zero emotion and the only 'interest' she had was the shock value of all those deteriorating clones
>>
>>24135826
You're a drug addict trying to make everything about drugs.
You do know that even some over the counter drugs are banned in Japan? Are you seriously saying EoE is about psychedelics, which are nearly impossible to get in Japan, instead of Shinji's issues which was what the entire series was talking about as well as suicide which is extremely prevalent in Japanese society?
>>
>>24135840
Probably because Rei is a girl and can't get along with normies.
>>
>>24135926
Well for one mushrooms literally grow in the ground
>>
>>24136010
Are you high right now
Shrooms don't just grow in the fucking ground for you to pick up on the way home
>>
>>24136051
/out/ is always finding psychedelics in the forest
>>
>>24136051
Uh. Yeah. They actually do lmao
You could literally go to any park or forest after a rainstorm and find them scattered all over the place
>>
>>24135926
why do you insist those things are mutually exclusive? have you even read the gnostic texts?
>>
>>24135548
When that character punched him there was context, he was accused of killing/endangering his sister (can't quite remember tbpfh), and he even ended up becoming friends with him later. Not reciprocating violence isn't necessarily beta.

The shit with his father isn't justification for his pussiness. I have a distant relationship with my dad but I wouldn't put up with some cuntrag pushing me around.
>>
>>24135663
Watch Monster, Serial Experiments Lain, and Paranoia Agent (has desukawaii, but it's ironic) if you want more good Chinese cartoons.
>>
>>24136215
watch these if you want to be an entry level hipster idiot
>>
>>24135840
Because she's leagues better than the alternatives.
>>
>>24136231
Give me a better recommendation senpai.
>>
>>24136289
hyakko
>>
I always thought this was the theme song of the entire board:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7y8U29bfzE

I heard they were going to use this song when Shinji chokes out Asuka.

>>24135148
>>24135201
I doubt it, but I think every fan should try a marathon session of Eva with a big plate of K lined up. Now whether Anno has tripped balls is up for debate...
>>
>>24136305
looks gay

now i know you're trolling
>>
>>24133971
Honestly Eva helped me.
Asuka reminded me of myself from 12 to14/5,
Shinji from 15 to 16/7
And Misato, at least her issues reminded me of myself at the time i was watching it.
AND I HATED ASUKA, with a burning passion (at least until the mindrape revealed her past, i cried then, only time i've cried while watching anime, ok, there was wizardmon when i was 5, but that doesn't count).
I loved Shinji, and Misato.
It showed me, no, it burned into my mind what i should do, and how i should perceive life in the future.
I've watched the show only once, but i rewatch EoE every now and then to remind myself of where i've been, and where i am now.
It fills me with optimism and melancholy at the same time.
If someone told me that some Japanese cartoon would change my life i would have laughed.
>>24135663
>>24136215
What he said.
Lemme add: Haibane Renmei, Ergo Proxy, Z Gundam, LOGH (ok, i know this one is beating a dead horse, but i expected politics and got feels, so there's that).
>>
i like macross plus
>>
>>24136378
Not as gay as you b/c you are trying really hard not to be gay but you end up being super gay anyways cause you were just born that way, bitch.
>>
EVA makes me feel pretty bad, all the same shit with Shinji as everyone else, but Rei is different feels.

I always end up caught in the idea that someone created for some grand scheme that is completely robotic and doesn't know emotions falls in love with me, but has absolutely no idea what the feelings she's feeling are. It happened a lot more with Sakurasou because that was Shiina's character, also with Eureka from E7.
>>
>>24136362
>I heard they were going to use this song when Shinji chokes out Asuka.
I knew that it was a song that was going to be used in EoE, but I've never heard about it being made for that scene.
>>
File: waaaaahh.jpg (35 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
waaaaahh.jpg
35 KB, 1280x720
>>24136379
You sound like a neurotic bitch, but I'll give you a pass for the Wizardmon thing.
>>
>>24136421
please finish high school
>>
>>24136510
I have my GED bich
>>
>>24136269

Kaworu is objectively superior
>>
>>24136498
Well, i used to be, not proud of myself back then.
>>
ITT: teenagers that have watched 20 anime from other people's recommendations and think they are the shit
>>
>>24136601
look "buddy"
ive watched exactly 4576547654 anime shows and im not gonna let you walts in here and say that ignorant shit
>>
File: kkkj.jpg (84 KB, 500x482) Image search: [Google]
kkkj.jpg
84 KB, 500x482
>[introspectively] I hate myself. But, maybe, maybe I could love myself. Maybe, my life can have a greater value. That's right!. I am no more or less than myself. I am me! I want to be myself! I want to continue existing in this world! My life is worth living here!
>>
>>24136643
*watlz
>>
>>24136647
d-dumb frogposter ;_;
>>
GOD DAMN IT MARSY,FUCK OFF
>>
>>24136894
who is marsy?
>>
>>24136968
Avatarfagging attentionwhore who made this thread
>>
if you like evangelion you should kill yourself
>>
>>24137057
most people should kill themselves
>>
>>24137074

Statistically most people wouldn't even know what evangelion is
>>
>>24136570
Duh, but I was only talking about girls.

>>24136580
You don't just outgrow that shit.

>>24137299
That wasn't what he was saying retard.
>>
>>24137532

He was implying that most people like evangelion
this isn't true
>>
>>24133971
>/a/
this is not r9k material
>>
>>24137602
He wasn't necessarily implying that.

He could have just been saying that most people should kill themselves regardless of whether they like NGE or not.

Is English your first language?
>>
>>24137646

Given the context of the remark, my interpretation is more likely

Is english YOUR first language or do you expect everything to be taken at face value?
>>
>>24134170

Shinji looks so cute in that image, and I'm not even a homo. Probably because Anno uses the same face for him and the girls.

If I had been able to unironically like goth stuff as a teenager I may not have been so lonely.
>>
>>24133971
>That "I'm so fucked up scene" isn't funny it's relatable and I can put myself in his shoes

>i can put myself in the shoes of an underage boy tasked with saving the world who is masturbating over a comatose co-pilot
ok
*tips cigar* but my gentlesir, have you perhaps feasted your eyes upon Serial Experiments Lain?
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.