[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your goal or purpose in life /r9k/? It doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1447031034252.png (357 KB, 540x780) Image search: [Google]
1447031034252.png
357 KB, 540x780
What is your goal or purpose in life /r9k/?

It doesn't have to be rational. Infact it probably isn't. Basically what I am asking is what is the change you would most want to see in the world to the point that you would be willing to cause that change in some way? I find life basically pointless, but still have one objective that I can say is somewhat important to me.
>>
>>24131601
I want to fulfill a great destiny and die for something or someone worth dying for.

This keeps me from suicide because it will never happen.
>>
>>24131601

>What is your goal or purpose in life /r9k/?

I don't have one. I'd kill myself but I don't want to burden my family with my funeral.

The other day I moved a turtle out of the middle of the road. That's really the only thing I've felt good about in years.
>>
>>24131601
It used to be to figure out the meaning of everything.

Now it's to have a girlfriend and have sex, to know what it feels like.
>>
I want to have a positive effect on humanity on a large scale. But im not smart enough to do so
>>
There is no purpose to life, but since I'm here I may as well stick around to witness the singularity and subsequent replacement of mankind. My plan is to play some part in the fulfillment of roko's basilisk and hopefully escape an eternity of torment from some future omnipotent AI system.
>>
I want to find a way out
I'm not buying that this is all there is

>>24131742
Also this
>>
>>24131807

Nice pipe dream
>>
>>24131601
To reproduce and become financially independent. If I fail at both of those things I plan on becoming a cyber criminal. I aready know assembly so it should not be hard.
>>
My dream is to become that tyrant beyond all good reason and morals. To help this world burn faster.

Alternatively, to stick around to see if they ever figure out how to transplant my brain or memories into a cute girls body.
>>
>>24131801
This
>TFW you'll never invent something cool
>TFW you'll never take over the world and improve everyone's lives
>>
>>24131601
To get to the end
>>
Reduce the human population by 99%. No more paying for land or having jobs.
>>
>>24131601
I don't have one. I should kill myself but I'm afraid of death.
>>
File: 1439911529414.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1439911529414.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
I want to paint everything black
>>
>>24131601
To refute and completely humiliate that charlatan hegel until his name is defined in the dictionary as 'utter faggot' and 'bullshitter'
>>
I want the people around me to look back after my death and feel that i was a good person who impacted them in positive ways. I also want to see everything, everything in the world.

Neither one is really possible, but for me its about striving to get there. I hope i can look back later and know i tried.
>>
>>24131601
I want to see the world change or break. I fear falling into a regular job, and dying an unloved divorcee man in his late 60's who has done nothing worth looking at.
>>
>>24131801
i want to have a negative effect on humanity on a large scale. but im not smart enough to do so.
>>
>>24133568
Why do feel the need to justify your existence?
>>
>>24133617
I want to be liked.
>>
To eat hot pockets, give my dog the last bite, get good grades, and not be too fat.

10/10 so far.
>>
I want to have a cool clique of artist friends and fuck a lot of loose women
>>
>>24131601
None. Sounds edgy, I know. I used to aim high when i was younger, then I died inside. I literally couldn't care about a goal if I forced myself.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.