[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that god does not exist and that science proves that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 9
File: atheismcruelty2.png (101 KB, 600x431) Image search: [Google]
atheismcruelty2.png
101 KB, 600x431
Reminder that god does not exist and that science proves that god does not exist. If there is no evidence for something, until the evidence is seen, it can be said that the thing doesn't exist.

>blah blah thats not how science works
Yes it is. Just because you believe in something doesn't make it a valid argument

>hurr so i guess gravity doesn't exist then
There's evidence for gravity. Theres no evidence for god

It's 2015. Time to start thinking for yourselves, religiousfags.

>HURRRRR COMMUNIST DICTATORS WERE ATHEIST

They killed in the name of communism, not atheism.
>>
3/10
Worst bait of the day
>>
>>24129903
Gravity's a theory brah.

NO ONE'S PROVEN THE EXISTENCE OF GRAVITY YOU ASSHAT.

In fact, when incorporating Minkowski space, did you know that the earth's actually pushing UP against you?
>>
>>24129958
>i don't agree with it so it must be b8

Go back to >>>/pol/ or dawns christian forum
>>
>>24129903
science proves the possibility of a higher power/creator with quantum science, fucko. we can only perceive and measure 3 dimensions of reality.
>>
>>24129903
>They killed in the name of communism, not atheism

So this proves your OP pic wrong. Most holy wars weren't 100% about faith and the civil war was mostly about slavery, nothing about religion.

>Implying there aren't atheist pedophiles
>>
File: 1418628981571.jpg (16 KB, 160x300) Image search: [Google]
1418628981571.jpg
16 KB, 160x300
>you used to be ridiculed if you didn't believe that the coelacanth was THE missing link between fish and amphibian and had the ability to walk on land and lived near the shore
>they end up finding it still alive unevolved since it's first existence and it can't walk and doesn't live anywhere near the shore
>but hey we know for SURE that G-d doesn't exist
Oh you you silly atheists believing in such tomfoolery as evolution
>>
File: tumblr_n0i3seOnDN1s514nio1_500.png (133 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0i3seOnDN1s514nio1_500.png
133 KB, 500x500
>>24130234
Nice attempt at trolling. Maybe you would have succeeded on a website full of 13 year olds
>>
>>24129903

>Of course slavery is justified: we live in an amoral, godless universe.

Prove him wrong.
>>
>>24130234
>coelacanth
who /animal crossing/ here
>>
>>24130314
All that stuff said is true though. Sure maybe it doesn't mean evolution isn't true but it's fucked up to say we know for sure that there is no god.
>>
>>24129903

Typical Protestant.
>>
>>24129903
>Reminder that god does not exist

Yeah I know that OP. I never fell for the fedora and christposting memes. The existence of a deity doesn't really matter though, it's religious morals that need to be questioned.
>>
>>24129903
Do you have any formal stance on the problem of induction?
>>
File: image.jpg (183 KB, 680x989) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183 KB, 680x989
>>24129981
That guy who said 3/10 was correct at best
>>
>>24130012
>civil war was mostly about slavery

Why do retards still think this?
>>
Ok. Thanks for the reminder senpai.
>>
>>24129958
That is highly debatable. There was stronger bait in the suicide thread. OP is, of course, a close-minded foolish faggot who will feel unbelievably salty when he dies.
>>
>>24129903

Why are Yankees always the biggest fedoras? I could hear the tipping from the comic.
>>
>>24130787
>yankees

Don't you have a cousin to fuck, hick?
>>
>>24129903
Science is not math. You can't prove stuff with science. At best, you can theorize.
>>
>>24130997

That depends, don't you have a Starbucks to go spend 10 bucks on one latte at?
>>
>>24131058
HYUK HYUK HYUK OH AINDATDAWGERMIN I LUV MOUNTAIN DEW HYUK HYUK HYUK CIVAL WAR STILL GOIN ON.
>>
>>24129903
there are a lot of nice people at church. I guess this explains why you all frequent this board and wallow in self-pity.
>>
>>24131095

"Liek, oh mai gawd, I love Obama! Liek, I hate white people! Isn't that so rad, Che T-shirt?"
>>
>>24129903
You don't think every religious king and Pope throughout history has actually believed in God either, do you?

It was just a useful way to keep idiots under control and make them obedient slaves. The problem now is that all those idiots have ended up with political and social power in the most powerful country in the world.
>>
>>24131140
HURRRDYUDUDJKK DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I HAYT EUROP OBAMMYS COMIN FOR MUH GUNS HES GONNA PAINT THE WHITE HOUSE BLACK N PUT US IN THE FEMA CAMPS
>>
>>24131173

O mai gawd, I hate the liek one percent! Liek, I am liek, typing this from my new iPhone! Liek, while I am running liek, this homeless guy over with liek my brand new BMW! Liek, like this for Africa! Liek, poorest country evar!
>>
>>24131271
You're Ad homonyms are more of a generalization than mine kek
>>
>>24129903
anon is a fedora
>>
>>24129903
There is no evidence for abiogenesis either. Pretty important thing if you want to be an ateist.
>>
>>24129903

Atheist here. Shit/10, that's all I can give you, sorry.
>>
>>24131329

You're done? But I was having so much fun.
>>
>>24131374
You're not a true atheists if you don't hate all religious people.

You're a le agnostic
>>
>>24129903
Explain to me why gravity exists.
Not how gravity exists, we all already know the answer to that one.
Tell me about WHY gravity exists, as opposed to it not existing.
>>
>>24130004
A creator would be superfluous. So why suppose one exists without any evidence even if its possible?
>>
>>24129958
>>24129963
>>24130004

I'm impressed, r9k. I expected this from /pol/ but not from you. Bravo.

As for you, OP, back to >>>reddit or back to >>>trash
>>
>>24131487
You don't exist, neither do I or everyone else, therefore no need to explain
>>
>>24130381
It's just such a ridiculous suggestion though
This is such a tired analogy, but I consider it no different than if someone were to suggest any other kind of mythical or supernatural creature, you just reject it completely on the basis that the proposal is completely retarded, given there's no evidence. We don't need God to explain anything, in fact even the idea of him being there just as a whole unnecessary element of explanation. If we can find the natural answers, why add the unnecessary complexity of trying to explain a God? Especially if it's not a prerequisite of the explanation, which it isn't. Serious religiousfags you're holding back humanity, sure you might be interested in science, but most people aren't because they have religion and it's a lot easier and more comforting to believe in a lie. The only way to justify such absurd beliefs is "Well most people are religious!!", so even if you're interested in scientific explanations, your giving credibility to those who aren't. If less people were more people would want naturalistic (real) answers, and theoretical physics would get more funding which it sorely needs.
>>
>>24131487
The question of "why" is a redundant one, because "why" suggests there is purpose, which for gravity there isn't. Purpose is a human construct with no basis in reality, the question is purely HOW.
>>
>>24129903

HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN SOMEBODY IS AN ATHEIST?

DON'T WORRY, THEY'LL TELL YOU. BUT WHAT THEY WON'T TELL YOU IS WHAT THEY HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO SOCIETY.

HEY, WHY DON'T WE TAKE A LOOK RIGHT NOW?

>decadence
>nihilism
>homosexuality
>drug use
>poor sense of fashion
>uncleanliness
>communism
>destruction of civilization

FOOLING HUMANITY WITH THE TIP OF THEIR HAT
DON'T BELIEVE THE LIES OF THE ATHEIST RAT
>>
>>24131363
The difference is that scientists are still researching it, and won't kill you for coming up with a new idea the way Catholics and Muslims will.
>>
>>24129903
God exists. You just think he doesn't exist because you cannot observe him. But in reality he does, just like the double slit experiment.
>>
>>24129963
what the fuck is this reddit tier argument? is this bait?
>>
>>24132229
None of those are caused by Atheism though. Like really? You couldn't think of a single negative? To the contrary, here's some info on how atheists have been shown repeatedly to be more altruistic than theists

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2015/11/study-godless-children-are-more-altruistic-than-religious-children/

Here's another one, with the top 3 charity doners in the world being Atheists (and many many more of course)
http://ieet.org/index.php/IEET/more/pellissier20111125

Oh and one more on how Atheists are more intelligent than theists
http://www.medicaldaily.com/proved-atheists-more-intelligent-religious-people-250727
>>
>>24131487
>explain to me WHY something exists

this has to be bait no one is this fucking stupid
>>
>>24132287
No he doesn't, and there's absolutely nothing to suggest he does, he was made up by humans to explain things, now we don't need fairy tale explanations we have real ones.
>>
>>24132319

>muh studies

anecdotal evidence means jack shit. and the iq one?

>While 10 of the studies showed a positive correlation, only two of them showed a significant link.
>only two

take your society destroying, cherry-picking degeneracy elsewhere.
>>
>>24132032
The very fact that you posted defeats your point.
>>
>>24129903
>this comic
are you implying if there weren't religion these things wouldn't exist?
>>
>>24132460
That was just one of dozens, seriously google it, I just picked one at random, but it's been demonstrated time and time again. Society destroying? The evidence truly shows if everyone on earth was atheist there would be much greater harmony
>>
>>24132353
Okay then explain the double slit experiment friendo.

btfo desu you non-believer
>>
>>24132554
No it's just reminding that religion has done more evil than atheism ever has or could have
>>
>>24132601
Only Abrahamic (Christianity, Islam, to a lesser degree Judaism) religions are the problem.

Hindus, Buddhists, Taoists, pagans, etc. are mostly okay.
>>
>>24132607
The double split experiment showed that light and matter can have wave like properties, how the fuck are you conflating that with evidence for God? False equivalency at it's finest, quantum mechanics is a difficult physics problem, nothing to do with the supernatural.
>>
>>24129903

Perhaps it's silly to write out, but that comic is really oversimplifying things. The idea that any of those things were done just for Christianity or Islam's sake and wouldn't have been done otherwise is pretty silly. The example with the wheel is especially dishonest, torture as legal punishment was instituted from the crown on down, and was representative of the dictatorial, absolute force of feudal lords more than Christian ethics. Kings would've been doing that whether they were Christian or Discordian. The other examples also have their material bases; crusades won land, slavery was maintained for economic purposes, the fanaticism that led to 9/11 is a direct response to outside forces messing with the Middle East, and the church was just a convenient cover for pedophiles, not a motivation.

I mean, I'm not saying religion has a rational basis, it doesn't, but let's at least be honest here.
>>
>>24132622
>religion has done more evil than atheism ever has or could have
nah mate, religion is just an excuse to do shit, every war and atrocity has it's excuses appropriate for its era and context
not even christfag
>>
>>24132648
I agree with that too be honest, they preach very good values and have little to never been the motivation of violence. However given that all religious preach being mutually exclusive, what's the likelihood of them being right if all the rest, which are significantly bigger, are wrong?
>>
>>24132699
Well of course, religion isn't an entity that capable of doing anything, it's just a widely held ideology that personally justifies wrong doings to those who commit them, which I would consider inherently 'evil'.
>>
>>24132751
>personally justifies wrong doings to those who commit them
like every other in existence? you can take anything and use to justify what you want. no one ever read in the bible that they should burn people alive or go on crusades.
>which I would consider inherently 'evil'.
>inherently
>evil
>inherently
>e v i l
>>
>>24132814
I don't think that's right at all, you're forgetting we have an evolutionary sense of morality based on what benefits us and by extension our close genetic relatives for maximum chances of survival and welfare. Our ideas of good and evil are just based around whether something favours this or goes against this. There are external factors that can influence these instincts to twist us into thinking something does better us when it actually does not. Religion is an example of this, it is against our betterment for many reasons, and is therefore based on social contract morality evil. Not objectively, that's a given because nothing is objectively evil. There are examples of others things that have similar influences, such as nationalism or race, but I think it's very far from "every other (thing) in existence" could personally justify wrong doings for someone.
>>
>>24132670
Please re-educate yourself on the double slit experiment and report back.
>>
>>24133022
>I don't think that's right at all, you're forgetting we have an evolutionary sense of morality based on what benefits us and by extension our close genetic relatives for maximum chances of survival and welfare. Our ideas of good and evil are just based around whether something favours this or goes against this. There are external factors that can influence these instincts to twist us into thinking something does better us when it actually does not. Religion is an example of this, it is against our betterment for many reasons, and is therefore based on social contract morality evil. Not objectively, that's a given because nothing is objectively evil. There are examples of others things that have similar influences, such as nationalism or race, but I think it's very far from "every other (thing) in existence" could personally justify wrong doings for someone.
not even trolling to be honest
>>
>>24132670
Bro, the experiment showed that things change depending on whether or not they're being measured/observed. You think God exists in this dimension? Lel, you're just another fedora atheist with pseudointellect.

You cannot observe or measure God. Get that into your tiny skull
>>
>>24132706
Hinduism and Buddhism don't even preach that they're the only right religions. Christianity can fit within a Hindu-Buddhist framework.
>>
>>24133053
I am well educated on the topic, instead of resorting to an ad-hominem, why not provide an argument or piece of evidence as to how the double slit experiment suggests the supernatural deity? You don't sound smart or well informed condescendingly proposing such an idea that even theistic scientists would think is retarded. Now give us your theory so I can explain why you're wrong
>>
>>24133108
Yes legitimately every man and his dog knows this. I am asking how could this possible suggest a God? It just poses new physical questions. You're resorting to the God of the gaps argument which I'm sure you're familiar with. Whenever there's a question on the frontier of science you say "Oh it must be God", well it never has been in the past and it never will, we're making discovery after discovery so much so that God couldn't explain much at all these days. If you're hoping for such fairy tales to stay relevant you're going to need to do better than that. If you cannot observe or measure him how the hell could you know he exists? How could you even make the guess he exists?? There's nothing literally nothing to say he does. It's so painfully obvious there's no God it makes my head hurt that you can buy into this shit.
>>
>>24133238
How can you even make the guess that he doesn't exist?
>>
>>24129903

God he doesnt care about you and he created the perfect illusion

youre foolish
>>
File: 1445390414174.jpg (283 KB, 1250x1250) Image search: [Google]
1445390414174.jpg
283 KB, 1250x1250
Here is a video of a Christian totally annihilating an atheist in a debate. Using logic to show how stupid atheist really are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPs73RBAFGM
>>
>>24133298
Because it's not a 50/50 chance of either he does or he doesn't. You're proposing one possibility only, with no evidence, make the possibility essentially 0.000000000000000000...(infinitely recurring)....0000000000001% chance of being right. Think about it, with no evidence it has the exact same likelihood as me having a pet dinosaur in my basement, or your dad being John Cena, or Obama being a reptilian. Seriously think about those possibilities, they have the exact same amount of evidence. Wouldn't you just dismiss someone telling you such as moronic?
>>
>>24133379
I could believe someone having a bird in their basement. Birds are dinosaurs after all.

please don't tell me you fell for the meme and think the world is over 6000 years though

You atheists are retarded desu senpai
>>
>>24133362
Cool man hate to mention but they're absolute no bodies with no credentials. Here's some better ones -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btJazTimH4M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pOI2YvVuuE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcHRRjsttOc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0UIbd0eLxw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVZnwZdh-iM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg7p1BjP2dA

I implore you to watch these, seriously.
>>
Atheist getting BTFO

God exist. Atheist butthurt because they can't disprove the one true god
>>
>They killed in the name of communism, not atheism.

How convinient that there's always something or someone else who's REALLY at the heart of it whenever atheists commit horrific acts.
>>
>>24133379
Kek, the chances of your dad being John Cena are much more likely than a made a fairy man being real.

The John Cena assertion at least has two things going for it:
1. John Cena exists
2. John Cena is man (so he can be someones dad)

Even the reptilian Obama has at least one thing going for it.
1. Obama actually exists

Religifags are just dense.
>>
>>24133430
Oh dear me, I thought this was an intelligent discussion, but you've just revealed yourself as a creationist. Oh my, I've wasted my time. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're baiting, you're not really that ignorant are you? You know Evolution is a proven fact right? And the Universe is 13.8 billion years old yes?
>>
>>24133452
Hahahah are you serious
Christfags just got rekt for the 14839053465th time, I can't remember the last time I saw religifags win an argument. We can and we have, time to join us in 2015 buddy.
>>
>>24133540
It's ok. I know god exist and you are going to burn in hell. You can't disprove my god.
>>
File: 1435428942773.gif (259 KB, 350x622) Image search: [Google]
1435428942773.gif
259 KB, 350x622
>>24133506
I'll pray for you tonight anon-kun! I gotta go to sleep though, I sincerely hope your current ignorance is just a phase. Goodnight and God bless you!
>>
robots , I love you all and want all of you to make it to the gates of heaven. Please just accept Christianity in your life and stop your un-godly ignorant ways and following meme cults like atheism.
>>
>>24133604
>>24133662
>>24133721
Look even if God did exist, you sure better hope you have the right God, because if you don't (which statistically you still probably wouldn't given there's over 1000 claimed), every time you go to church or pray you're just pissing the real God off more and more, in which case you're absolutely fucked and I as a non-believer am still less fucked. I'd much rather go to hell personally, all the smart people are there. And I can't imagine anything worse than being stuck in the clouds with my dead relatives for eternity ugh.
>>
>>24133604
>>24133662
>>24133721
Remember, you're only christian because you happened to be born in a western nation. If you were born in India you would be Hindu, if you were born in the Middle East you'd be Muslim, if you were born in China you'd probably be Taoist (or some other). Do not claim for a second Christianity is the "one true religion".
>>
>>24133857
You aren't very educated.
>>
>>24133857
You realize there is only one true god right? The rest are false idols...
>>
>>24129903
Guaranteed bait.
Everyone here got trolled effortlessly.
>>
File: 1395719034572.jpg (42 KB, 500x502) Image search: [Google]
1395719034572.jpg
42 KB, 500x502
>>24129903

damn bro, your like the most enlightened edgy cool guy I've ever seen post! I read this and immediately gave up all of my religious beliefs and got a carl sagan tattoo and read The God Delusion and sucked Richard Dawkins' penis.

>read OP's post
>wow what a badass
>tip brim of fedora over my eyes
>light cigarette
>swirl my cape and backflip away
>tfw atheist badass (LOL my parents are assholes)
>>
>>24133876
I was born in a Sikh household but was saved by the true one religion that is Christianity.
>>
>>24129903
Muslimes blow up a building
>Christians are at fault!

Europeans get together to recover the land violently conquered by Muslimes
>Christians are at fault!

Gay men molest little boys
>Christians are at fault

Must be nice to be this enlightened senpai.
>>
>>24134215
Muslims are theists too dumbass.
Not everything is about Christians.
>>
>>24134012
There is a very strong probability that you are wrong. http://youtu.be/HiN6Ag5-DrU
>>
>>24132460
Atheists BTFO yet again!
How does he do it?!?!
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.