[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Great Taboo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: old man lonely.jpg (1 MB, 1274x7984) Image search: [Google]
old man lonely.jpg
1 MB, 1274x7984
Why do psychiatrists/psychologists/therapists have no idea about sex?
>21yo virgin here
I've gone to all three over the past 5 years, and not once have any of them asked about my virginity, whether I know any girls, whether I wish I did. When loneliness/sexlessness is a major component of my depression and anxiety.
Have any robots had similar thoughts? Have you discussed sex/incel/tfwnogf with psychs? Was it helpful?
>>
>>24129692
From my experience, they value the relationship over sex. The lack of relationship to another is what defines the psychopath. On the other hand, the stereotypical village priest who has his old housekeeper for a friend is a healthy person according to psychoanalytic criteria.
>>
File: nobody loves the manticore.jpg (2 MB, 2037x3056) Image search: [Google]
nobody loves the manticore.jpg
2 MB, 2037x3056
>>24129739
That seems a little... short-sighted. Maybe a village priest or widow is fine without sex, but the young male sex drive is so powerful, you'd think it would be pretty important to the psyche.
I mean Freud invented the field, and he thought sex was THE important thing.
>>
Cognitive something therapist asked me about it, if I ever had gf/sex. I said no and he asked if I get horny at all and I said yes, then the topic remained untouched.
>>
>>24130056
I was at a CBT group therapy session recently (I was the only guy there). There were 4 under-30 women there, and all of them had boyfriends or ex-boyfriends.
I do try not to be bitter or fall into the whole 'women never face alienation or rejection' fallacy, but it's damn hard sometimes.
>>
>>24130280
>grouptherapy

I wouldnt do that for money, I was forced to go to some selfhelp group one time with people 20years older than me munching cookies and whining how they lived since decades like shit, I dont want to talk about how shit my condition is I wanna work on getting rid of it you fucks and as soon as im certain I cant I will off myself.
>>
Most people don't get miserable if they don't have sex. Chances are they think that it's not a big deal to you.

If you have a problem with it, you should bring it up and discuss it with your therapist.
>>
>>24129692
>Why do psychiatrists/psychologists/therapists have no idea about sex?

This seems to be a unique to non-secular countries like America.
>>
>>24129692
Psychology and therapy have been feminized. Women don't care about sex, so they assume men don't either. This is where you get shitty advice like "just focus on other things" or "fix yourself before you try to have a relationship." They don't understand how powerful the male sex drive is, and how when left unfulfilled it will drive a man crazy.
>>
>>24130682
Seek a male therapist?
>>
>>24129692
They assume that since they have sex, everyone has sex.
>>
>>24130746
>Seek a male therapist?
Neutered nu-males. Psychology has been a useless pseudoscience since the 70s when they let the kitchen staff and farm equipment in.
>>
>>24130746
Not him, but male therapists don't seem any more interested in it either, they're just less awkward if you bring it up.
>>
>>24129692
>I've gone to all three over the past 5 years, and not once have any of them asked about my virginity
this was the first thing they asked me (but i had had sex)
>>
>>24129692
did you stew about this for 5 years without bringing it up yourself? they're just people not mindreaders
>>
>>24130805
>>24130816
this suggests to me that sex is genuinely not as important to the layperson as you think it is
>>
>>24131708
So why is it then considered 'weird' to be a virgin after your teens?
Sure, normies don't think of sex as being super-important because they have it. You don't know what you have until it's gone, etc.
>>
File: 1446857741566.jpg (202 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1446857741566.jpg
202 KB, 800x1200
>>24129692
Where's the video that this image is from again? I've been looking for it this past week, don't bloody remember where it's at
>>
>>24131797
because most people have sex. That doesn't inherently mean that it's life-shattering for everyone to not have sex.

Most adults where I live drink alcohol sometimes. I have never been drunk. Most people are surprised that I have never been drunk and look at me weird if I tell them that. However, this does not cause any troubles in my life.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.