[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bought into the lie that I could be happy, and now I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6
File: 1441003000025.jpg (18 KB, 600x238) Image search: [Google]
1441003000025.jpg
18 KB, 600x238
I bought into the lie that I could be happy, and now I'm paying for it.

Is the possibility of better times down the road really a logical reason to keep going?
>>
I'll give you one logical reason that destroys every emotionnal bullshit you have.

All you have is your own existence. The rationnal thing to do would be to make it better than it currently is, no matter the cost.

Death is an inconceivable void of non-existence. Will you fight? Or will you perish like a dog? Choose wisely.
>>
>>24129778
Perish like a dog. Why would I fight something that I have no control over?
>>
>>24129778
you're going to die no matter how you live buddy, and an infinite about of cosmic time will be spent with you in the fucking ground, therefore your life is infinitely meaningless
>>
>>24129778
Silly. Death is not only an end but an unwriter, a collapser of worlds.
>>
>>24129858
>you're going to die no matter how you live buddy, your life is meaningless

That is correct. But the conclusion you get from that is that you must live the shittiest, most mediocre life possible correct? Sounds like you're just too lazy to face your problems.

Our happiness and existence may be insignificant in relation to the universe, even our tiny planet, but there is no reason for us to disassociate ourselves from those concepts just because we know how meaningless they are. To embrace existence and happiness despite this "tragedy" of how small we are, is to embrace our smallness. To do otherwise is to waste the short time we have as a sentient being, aka perish like a fucking dog. Which one will it be?
>>
>>24129647
5 grams of kratom from kratomxp.com deveined maeng da variety every two hours if you're serious about curing your suicidal depression
>>
File: image.jpg (280 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
280 KB, 960x960
>>24130400
My dubs confirm my self cured depression
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 728x530) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 728x530
>>24130413
Not to mention my x413x413 dubs
>>
>>24129815
If you are one of those people who believes companionship is the only way to be happy, you deserve to die unhappy. Either do something about it, or condition your mind to stop caring like I have.
>>
>>24130369
>perish like a dog

you keep saying this

you are a fucking idiot, most likely

I guess the question i ask you is why you think dying "like a dog" even matters

in fact, why you think living and dying like a beast is even unfavorable, as they have no intellectual capacity to feel
>>
>>24130369

>Life has no meaning
>But I'm gonna make judgements of how to live your life

MAKE SENSE PLEASE
>>
>>24129886
Death is an end. Time is the unwriter.
>>
>>24130457
Nope, I just know that it doesn't really matter what I do I'm going to die the same way everyone does. You think the shit you do in your life is going to make a difference to how you die? You could be the greatest person ever and just get hit by a fucking train one day. Was that a "worthy" death?
>>
>>24130564
I'm not going to judge you for being a NEET, or a drug dealer, or whatever the fuck you want. But I'm going to judge you for not doing anything, literally anything you can to feel better about yourself, or your life.

"Life has no definite meaning" would be more accurate. But for you it does. The "meaning" is yourself, nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>24130686
Artificial meaning.
Sure, you can stand there and tell yourself "my life has meaning" But it doesn't.
>>
>>24130612
You don't get it. Being the greatest man in history, at the cost of your own comfort and happiness, is what I would call a wasted life. It's not about honor or prestige, or trying to secure a legacy or some bullshit like that. All you truly have that matters is the short time you have as an intelligent being
>>
>>24130714
If life has no meaning, then it is pointless to hold on to this "truth" of life being completely empty. It brings you nothing but sorrow. Go ahead and live the rest of your life feeling like shit, then you can expire with regret in your heart.
>>
>>24130801
I'll expire with pure joy knowing it's finally fucking over.
>>
>>24130547
It takes little to no brainpower to see the answer to that question. See my original post below the OP.

You have no idea what awaits you on the other side. You're better off making the best of the time you have, even if "boo hoo hoo it won't matter after I'm gone". It doesn't even matter right now, what's there to cry about?.
>>
>>24130686
why is being happy important anon?
>>
>>24130835
Spoken like a coward. Nobody will stop you from losing a game you only get to play once.
>>
File: RedPill_hand.jpg (15 KB, 520x390) Image search: [Google]
RedPill_hand.jpg
15 KB, 520x390
who /redpill/ here
>>
>>24130858
>you dont know what awaits you on the other side
it's nothing.

see, you're basically a blue pilled edgelord who thinks just because they went to a grandparents funeral once they understand and accept death. but you don't, you still hold out some hope that you will exist eternally in heaven or something, and you won't. your happiness doesn't matter, nothing you do matters, the toils don't matter. it's all going to be scattered like leaves to the wind when the little meat engine in your chest convulses for the final time and you pass away. honor doesn't matter, pride is nothing, love is just a means to an end. and subjectively, when I die, i believe the universe will cease to exist because I am a solipsist. do you understand anon? it's quite literally all just a dream.

>better make the best of the time you have

see >>24130878
>>
>>24130878
It's the only thing that we can possibly know to be important. I'm not agnostic, but technically I have no absolute knowledge of the world. I only know that I exist.

A life spent in fear and suffering is a wasted life. There is no tragedy in a wasted life, except when it is your own. Make your life better or don't, it doesn't matter to me, but to you it should. It's all you really have. Unless there is an afterlife, which I doubt there is
>>
>nothing matters
>you're going to die

So what? stop complaining and deal with it. It's your responsibility to stop feeling miserable. Hobbies help a lot, not giving a fuck too.
>>
>>24131131
>complaining

no, you (or some other fuckwit) brought up the "dude youre gonna die anyway bro might as well live it up" normie bullshit and I rebutted it.

I'll ask again, why is being happy important?
>>
>>24131019
You're a mentally deprived idiot, putting words in my mouth.

> your happiness doesn't matter, nothing you do matters, the toils don't matter

If you had any reading comprehension, you'd know that I never implied the opposite.

>you think you understand death

I don't claim to understand death, you do. Again, see my original post, you braindead moron. Death being the undoing of existence is what I see as the likely case, but I'm aware that I have no possible way of knowing.

Whether you are a sollipsist or not, what I've been saying this entire time is that you should live like one, even if "boo hoo hoo it won't matter cause it will end". If life truly has no meaning, you have no reason to hold on to this "truth" of life being completely empty. Literally all it does is make you feel like shit.

I guess you'll reply "hurr it doesn't matter how I feel", it does, but only to you for the short time you have as a sentient being.
>>
>>24131185
I don't know about happiness but feeling good about yourself is important because you stop having negative emotions that make you feel miserable. Feeling good most of the time is an end in itself, people avoid pain because it's not comfortable.
>>
>>24131131
This guy gets it. Cry more, faggots
>>
The derivation of happiness's often derived from interpretation.

How're you interpreting things?

Do we look and say "HOW DROLL, HOW INSIGNIFICANT. THERE IS NO MEANING."

OR

Do we hear things as if "WOW, THAT IS INTERESTING." Repeating auditory inferences as WOW or as ...

Do we look amongst ourselves saying WOW, LOOK AT ALL THE BEAUTY WHICH COULD BE, or do we say "How droll, how insignificant, how normal, how ordinary,"?

When we interpret things from a HAPPY, curious viewpoint, we're much more ABLE to make something anew from it!

To react positively, to say THERE'S SO MUCH UNSEEN BEAUTY, LET'S ENACT THAT BEAUTY or BRING THAT BEAUTY INTO FRUITION.

You not only interpret, but have the capacity to BRING ABOUT change.

It all boils down to mode of interpretation. Accept or be happy.
>>
>>24131354
All i'm hearing is "hurdur u only have 1 lyfe live it" and im still not seeing the importance. it's like you're trying to convince me to run a marathon just because i can, when I clearly don't want to

the phonyness of existence doesn't even really make me feel bad, it's sort of actually comforting

i guess what i'm telling you is that i'm not interested in investing in your ideas, though they are admittedly noble, considering the beliefs that you currently hold.
>>
>>24131475
In the end, the only interpretation that matters is your own.
>>
>>24129647
Just embrace the sucks, anon. Get meds if necessary.
>>
>>24131475

go back to facebook you terot card reading fag
>>
>>24130858

> You have no idea what awaits you on the other side.

You know what it's like when you sleep right? Well it's like that but permanent and without the dreams (since your brain is dead).

To add to that: many thousands of years could go by during your sleep and you wouldn't even know it until someone tells you. I don't know about you, but this sounds like the best thing that would ever happen to me.
>>
>>24131572
Noble? There's nothing noble about a life of selfishness.

See >>24130720

Live with a stick up your ass if you want, but at least learn to read.

Oh and like I said, being "enlightened" gives you nothing. You think about that
>>
>>24131618
The only reason why you know what sleepings feels like is because you woke up.
>>
Before Enlightenment chop wood carry water, after Enlightenment, chop wood carry water.
>>
>>24131779
This guy gets it too.
>>
File: 40239420362.png (33 KB, 616x725) Image search: [Google]
40239420362.png
33 KB, 616x725
>>24131779
mfw no place to work as timberjack
>>
>>24131694
>You think about that

no
>>
>>24131759

That's my point. You wouldn't care or even acknowledge it because you'd be dead.
>>
People believing they have free will and that they can somehow turn their life around not know the universe in deterministic but in a strange way mirroring how a deterministic universe works. Just fuck my shit up.
>>
Rewrite. You people are talking about life as though we have free will when in fact we don't but the very act of you guy believing you have free will is due to your non possession of it. I'm a broken human.
>>
>>24131884
Of course you wouldn't. All you have is fear and suffering, as well as a misplaced sense of intellectual superiority because you know "better than all those normies. Fucking normies who make themselves feel good instead of feeling like SHIT, which is the obviously superior and rationnal choice, right?
>>
We don't even know if free will is an illusion or if the world is deterministic. We just don't know, that's just a belief.
>>
File: sl1ucy0f.jpg (33 KB, 540x421) Image search: [Google]
sl1ucy0f.jpg
33 KB, 540x421
break the rules
>>
>>24131955
That's not conceivable to us. There is no feeling to it and there is no waking up. We can simulate it with our pathetic think-pudding, but there is no way for us to truly grasp the concept of infinity
>>
>>24132110
i dont fear anything, that's why i'm different from you

i don't fear death, because i'm already dead
>>
>>24132077
Why not play along while we can? What else do we have?
>>
>>24132110
also im sorry i called you names anon, have a goodnight
>>
>>24129647
Get a fucking dog. Live your life and something will fall in your lap.
>>
>>24132245
why play a game that you know is rigged against you?
>>
>>24132208
HAHAHA who's the edgelord now?

All existantial bullshit aside, you fear death deep down. It's not even a feeling, it's pure animal, and you have no control over it.

Again, you have no argument and no rationnality. If you weren't bummed out by the inevitability of death, you wouldn't be passive. You would do as all other life forms do: let your existence unfold, and accept that you are a talking, hairless chimp who only really wants positive experiences, like the rest of humanity.
>>
>>24132314
We have nothing else
>>
>>24132314
Because the game made us and it will unmake us, no matter what
>>
>>24132293
why apologize to me if everything is pointless and a wasted effort?
>>
>>24132690

There is no point in pointing out pointlessness so point your pointer to the next thread faggot before I put my pointy pointer so far up your ass that it would come out of your nonsense-speaking mouth.
>>
Everything in the universe can be converted to energy. We are part of the net total energy in the universe. The universe follows physical laws. we are within the universe and are physical beings. we follow physical laws. I look at free will like this. if we come into possession of free will we can't be said to be in total command of it. any decision made by a free will that you believe you have can't be attributed to "you" your free will is contingent of the universe if this is the case then we have free will but it is an illusion. through the non possession of it some will believe they have it and others will believe they don't have it. being an existence that believes in determinism is a sad situation. i would wish i had been born a devout christian.
>>
>>24132798
actually that's called a rhetorical question champ
>>
>>24132895

Rhetorical questions are used to make a point or to point something out as they aren't made to request an answer.

The pointers are getting closer, anon. I'd take a good long running session to the next address before they come in and give a big ol' show.
>>
>>24133023
Yes, that's exactly what rhetorical questions are. And that's exactly what it was. Do you only have enough brain power to type out the definition of a rhetorical question, but not to recognize one?
>>
>>24133121

So...what was your point in making that particular post? All I saw was someone also stating the obvious.
>>
>>24133176
This rhetorical question is meant to refute your passive thought process. You apologized to me, then I asked why you would do that if there was no point in doing anything. According to you we HAVE to get sad and do nothing just because we can't come to terms with the fact that we're insignificant and time is fleeting. How you failed to see the nature of that question is beyond me
>>
>>24133290

> You apologized to me
> According to you we HAVE to get sad and do nothing just because we can't come to terms with the fact that we're insignificant and time is fleeting

You're missing out one vital fact.

I'm not that guy, I haven't even tried to be that guy but it seems you went on to automatically assume that I am just because I'm the first person to respond. There are a lot of differences in the style of the replies of the person you were talking to and mine - it was so damn easy to observe from a mile away but you failed it, by gosh you failed it more times than my grandmother fails to retain her poor, poor memory.
>>
>>24133449
Maybe because I'm not autistic enough and because it's a reasonable assumption to think that the guy I was talking to replied to me, not some unfunny dipshit who didn't even read the thread.
>>
>>24133547

> Maybe because I'm not autistic enough

Oh please, you don't even know what that word means.

> it's a reasonable assumption to think that the guy I was talking to replied to me

I mean yeah if it's not blatantly obvious that it's a different person.

> not some unfunny dipshit who didn't even read the thread

Ah come on now. It must've been a little bit funny, eh?
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.