[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fucking up life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: pigeons eating vomit.jpg (48 KB, 550x475) Image search: [Google]
pigeons eating vomit.jpg
48 KB, 550x475
In this thread, we share our story and explain how we fucked up our lives and let our dreams go to waste

>finish high school with good grades
>always liked history and decide to go to a great college renowned for it's history degree
>not the most employable job but it's interesting, will make me wiser and i can always become a techer
>go to new town and due to anxiety and some fucked up stuff i end up isolating myself
>spend a whole year indoors, speaking only with the housemates (they were good people but were older and already went trough the "university social life" so they didn't care much about meeting new people, etc...)
>finnish the year with shitty grades and i just wanted to go back home
>gave up on the great college and went for a community college nearby to take an art degree
>i can't draw for shit
>i'm in the last year and i feel like i just wasted money and ruined the chances of being someone the moment i left the great university
>underpaid jobs is all that's left for me and i don't even learned anything special

I fucked up everything and it was all my fault... When i was young i never dreamt that i would work in a factory but guess what... life's tricky...

Now i don't even have my health cause i started to suffer from chronic neck\back pain and i feel a constant physical pain... Doctors don't know how to deal with it and say that i just gotta live with it... I'm also balding
>>
>>24128610
>Abused as a kid, never stopped caring about abusive dad until I realized he was never going to stop and was never going to care about me again
>Every suicide attempt failed
>Never really recovered from any of that
>One by one friends forgot about me
fast forward to now
>nothing's changed
>>
>>24128610
If you are under 40 you have no NO right to complian, save up money and get a 1 year certificate to plumbing work for a company for 5 years for the experience, build relationships with your fucking customers, make cards any hand them out to them or their noisy neighbors asking about what you're doing. After 5 years quit the job and become partners with tons of real estaters and you'll have your own customers too making a shit fuck ton of money.

Plumbing is where the money is at bro, it's like putting together Legos for a couple hours and going home with hundreds of dollars at the end of the day. The demand for plumbers will never ever disappear and is constantly raising.
>>
>>24128792
Yeah, but i never wanted to be a fuckin plumber in my life... I just wanted to be a cultured history professor and live the academic lifestyle...
I don't want to spend the rest of my life fitting pipes with low-lifes that probably never read a book in their lives.
>>
>>24128610
Won't the acid melt their beaks?
>>
>>24128877
You don't have to work with other people if you don't want to, the great thing about plumbing is you make the rules for how you want to work even when you're working for a company
>>
>>24128610
>poortugal

How is this not original
>>
I haven't fucked it up yet. I've been in an endless quest to find my true passion for the last 3 years. So far it's been fruitless and if this keeps up I'll probably end up depressed and killing myself, or working a 9-5 job and evading depression by playing video games, watching animu, and reading books and manga.
>>
>>24129062
I'm the same person lad
>>
>>24128610
>do pretty good grade wise up until the end of junior high
>why does everyone hate me
>Hit puberty a little late, everything sinks in
>I'm basically socially retarded and physically repulsive
>So depressed and suicidal I stop eating, lose 120lbs
>Drop out sophomore year
>Still really fucked up, but have bizarre androgynous looks some weird girls find attractive
>Don't pick up on it, miss out on potential GFs even though some were practically beating me over the head
>Eventually enter university by transferring from junior college, bypassing the fact that I have a GED
>Actually get into relationships initiated by slightly aggressive girls, some good, one really bad
>moods intensely cyclic, I'm either an A student or trying to kill myself and failing
>It averages out to a 3.19 GPA, graduate with an engineering degree
>shit cycles up and down

An image of me in highschool is literally a meme. At least I try to grow, until I crash.
>>
>>24128610
I'd known I was physically unfit, that is, incapable of dancing or team sports, since before college, but I found out after that I was also mentally challenged and a sociopath.

In light of this, it is unsurprising that I committed complete social suicide and that my chances at any sort of employment (career, I had once believed) as well as human relationships dropped off over time.

I am relieved that the humiliations are almost over. I am studying undergrad history in college at almost 30, being the whipping boy for the teachers and the class, but I believe in my goal now: I will learn to live without human contact outside of my family, without the drugs, the drink, among books only. After all, who says dead people don't make good conversationalists; they're frequently out of one's league and yet they don't judge.
>>
>>24128610
>birth is badly planned (shit life from the get-go lol)
>Study hard, work hard entire school life
>no fun allowed, abused and be stepped on by literally everyone
>become the least socialized human being you've ever met
>what is success if there is no one to share it with?
It's like my purpose in life is to kill myself, I've been telling myself it'll get better since I was 5.

It doesn't get better, bruh. Just as shitty but in different new ways as I get older. That naive, itsy-bitsy strand of hope is what keeps me going desu.
>>
Really never ends.
>Pixar looked so comfy

>But the warehouse is reality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPbBhvv6GI8
>>
>>24128610
I know that feel

>failed high school because weed and anxiety
>good at drawing and painting
>stopped smoking weed
>do art at community collage for 3 years
>win academic achievement award for my drawings
>received a 2 year free university scholarship
>could choose any degree I wanted
>feeling on a roll
>choose to do a fine arts degree stupidly
>enjoy working on art projects and uni life
>hated and almost failed art history and art politics
>3rd year
>now had to get student loan $12000 as the scholarship only covered two years
>realize I have no future at this point
>fail some units because anxiety
>get another loan to finish units
>debt now $16000
>finished my arts degree
>now work in shitty hardware store making minimum wage

The worst part is when people who know me ask me hows my art going because they all thought I was great for winning a scholarship 6 year ago.

I wish I studied graphics design and animation. I'm slowly learning at home. Hopefully I build good portfolio one day.
>>
basically went lazy in high school. i should have gotten a job at age 16 and studied harder. should have also never doubted those woman hate threads. i took a broken heart harder than i though i would. too sad and careless even 2 years later to focus so i didnt go to college either
>>
>>24128877
Maybe this will make you feel better, but very few university professors are tenure track now. I think less than 30%. As an adjunct professor you can expect to earn less than 30K, have no benefits and no job stability with employment contracts renewed (or not) at the end of each year. There's recently been articles in various news outlets about adjunct faculty on food stamps, living out of their cars, and dying because of lack of health insurance. Unless you're an academic superstar, or get a PhD in something that the private sector values, you're fucked as an academic.

See:
http://www.newrepublic.com/article/123334/vanished-world-stoner
>>
File: Worried wojack.png (5 KB, 238x212) Image search: [Google]
Worried wojack.png
5 KB, 238x212
>>24128610
>tfw don't even bother with college because i know anxiety will fuck it up
at least i get a head start, right?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.