[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: funny shit poor people say
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 400x386
>money can't buy you happiness!
>>
I know right, if only I had money I'd be very happy. Wouldn't have to worry about anything really
>>
File: clip_art_guinea_pig_pepe.png (248 KB, 425x598) Image search: [Google]
clip_art_guinea_pig_pepe.png
248 KB, 425x598
>how can you be free when you have so many obligations
>>
>>24127450
Not funny. Try again later.
>>
>>24127576
This. It's very funny how busy and worried poorfags always are.
>>
File: image.png (7 KB, 1280x1245) Image search: [Google]
image.png
7 KB, 1280x1245
>>24127450
I have an iPhone too OP
>>
>money can't buy you happiness
I fucking hate this meme. It does buy momentary happiness. Are these poorfags in a state of perpetual mania? I know they feel down too. I rather be crying in a mansion then crying in a rundown house on the bad side of town.
>>
File: smug.jpg (398 KB, 551x600) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
398 KB, 551x600
>What are you guys getting on Cyber Monday?
>>
>I want Fallout 4 sooooo bad.
>>
>>24127450
You're right. Money can buy LSD
>>
>wow tents are 25% off at Walmart.
>I better buy one for black Friday
>>
>>24127450

>I don't make enough money to save anything.

Or

>The stock market is gambling/too complicated for me.

The 2nd one gets me every time.
>>
>>24129534
>stock market is unpredictable
>buys lottery ticket
>>
>I get my tax refund so soon!
>>
>>24129566

I also really like

>I didn't opt into the 401k (with company match ) because I don't know how. I'll do it later...

I have almost literally held my coworkers hands to get them to opt in because I felt bad for them. It's amazing how financially illiterate some people are.
>>
File: 1445798973116.gif (832 KB, 400x442) Image search: [Google]
1445798973116.gif
832 KB, 400x442
>>24127450
>i had to walk, because i hadn't moni for bus
>>
The problem is they're missing the second half of the statement. "...But it sure does help."
I can't help but think about how happy I could be with more money. It would open up a lot of doors for me. Even just a million.
>could quit my shitty job and go to college
>fix my toilet
>fix my car
>get new glasses
>get dental work done that I desperately need
>get my toe looked at by a doctor
>actually buy christmas gifts for my family
>get a cat or dog for companionship
>get some decent food
>buy some clothes that aren't basically garbage
In this magical hypothetical world, I'm already a lot fucking happier.
>>
>>24129534
>>24129566

Not poor, but not rich, more like well off here.

How do I start to understand the stock market? I get the basics (I've taken econ 101) but I don't know how to play the market or make money.
>>
>>24129534
The stock market is gambling is the one that annoys me the most. I'm indifferent if they say it's complicated because a lot of people do make it sound too easy and say retarded shit like "stock market is down today because x"
>>
>>24127450
There's almost no difference between the quality of life of a billionaire and someone making $70,000 a year. Once you hit $70,000 the returns level out fast.
>>
File: Excuse_Me_Sister.jpg (43 KB, 408x322) Image search: [Google]
Excuse_Me_Sister.jpg
43 KB, 408x322
>>24129703

http://www.investopedia.com

You probably won't make much off the stock market. I would just go for average returns by Index investing. It's not much but it adds up over time
>>
>>24129703

You don't play the market, you're supposed to invest it. Trying to play the market is how you lose. Find low expense etfs from vanguard and hold onto them for 25 years. That's how you invest.
>>
That's something rich people say to garner sympathy
>>
Making an effort to be happy makes you...happy. Sadly (lolno) the actions of happiness are disparate of the habits which espouse sadness. Basically, when being happy, the abolition of sadness is required; many habits usher in sadness, and happiness requires the abolition of those habits.

BE

HAP

PY!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>24129810
this

If you think you can "play the market" you're going up against algorithms that trade in a fraction of a second up against firms that manage over a trillion in assets who employ Ivy league grads.
>>
>goes to Wal-mart
>buys shit
>"God, these megacorporations taking down small businesses.."
>"I only shop here because it's so cheap though, I mean.. what choice do I have?"

When I was younger, my grandparents would say this once a week while shopping at Wal-Mart.
>>
>>24129786
this sempai
if you don't know shit just focus on index funds
all you need to do is just pay attention to the industry/economy of the fund and pull out if it looks like its going to shit
>>
>>24129701
u dont have to have
>A ONE MILLION DORRARSSS!!!!

to these

>get some decent food

for example
life is making choices
>>
File: too much money.jpg (47 KB, 618x502) Image search: [Google]
too much money.jpg
47 KB, 618x502
>>24127876
It's L I T E R A L L Y the fox and the grapes.

>poorfag makes poor financial decisions, lacks the drive to move up in life ,etc.
>only way to live with themselves is to say "w-well money doesn't buy you happiness!" while they look back and forth at the breakfast table between a stack of bills and mortgage papers in their hand and a revolver in the other
>>
File: 1446414899114.jpg (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1446414899114.jpg
11 KB, 200x200
>Loving another is more valuable than all of the money in the world

Until she dumps your ass betakek
>>
>>24129738
I love this meme, I really do.
>>
File: 1402204259274.jpg (209 KB, 756x1100) Image search: [Google]
1402204259274.jpg
209 KB, 756x1100
>>24129738
>There's almost no difference between the quality of life of a billionaire and someone making $70,000 a year. Once you hit $70,000 the returns level out fast.
Except $70,000 is barely fuck you money let alone luxury money.
Billionaires can buy pretty much anything they want with little thought to the matter. A person making 70k a year still needs to weigh their financial options in buying anything slightly luxury if they're independent adults who pay for their own utilities, rent, food, etc.
>>
General hinting about wanting you to cover for them/pay for their shit when they haven't done anything for you and they spend the little money they do make on weed.
>>
>>24130200
$70K only makes sense if you are going to never be frivolous and cut out any sort of convenience, then sure, you could live like a "billionaire" who made the same life decisions as you.

You could pretty much say you were living like anyone richer than you and pretend they are going to make the same decisions as you.
>>
>>24129703
I put my birthday money in capital one investing in a stock called APDN, it tripled then i sold it, then it fell and i bought it again, now its going it again.

Recommend this stock desu senpai
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.