[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any other /narcotics anonymous/ in here? my gratitude shows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4
File: na.png (4 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
na.png
4 KB, 224x225
any other /narcotics anonymous/ in here?

my gratitude shows when i care and share the NA way!
>>
>>24126902
Lol, you absolute pussy.
Couldn't keep your shit under control hey?
>>
>>24126924
definitely could not with this disease of addiction that i have....
>>
>>24126902
how many times have you relapsed working The Steps(TM)?
>>
>>24126975
i have not relapsed while actively working steps, like once or twice just dicking around, going to meeting, calling a sponsor and just sorta being like "oh im fine" but never really worked any steps and relapsed with some time, but after my last relapse i actively work steps and it's much better.
>>
>>24126902

ITT: OP is white trash or NIGGER SCUM
>>
>>24126975
what about you?
>>
>>24127065
actually 23 year old "stacy"(in looks only) who gets yelled at in the omegle threads and told "gtfo normie" or "die stacy". not white trash at all. graduate of a very good university, and not trashy. misconceptions about addicts i guess.
>>
>>24127075
i worked the steps once 3 years ago in AA, haven't worked a program since, haven't relapsed, don't have cravings, don't really think about using ever. i don't attribute that to the steps though. most of my friends are very active in NA and i occasionally go to meetings to socialize.
>>
Been thinking about going. Namely because I smoke even when I "don't want to". Got a buddy that's in it, and it works for him, but.. Shit, I dunno.
>>
I'm getting some sweet sweet heroin tomorrow

Feels good not being a faggot
>>
>>24127145
very happy for you! I also very rarely think about using now, it's really weird actually, i guess i was just done. things got really really bad in my final relapse, and i gained a really strong network in recovery, so i guess it helps just being around recovery all the time.
>>
>>24127114

i dunno, you really sound like a niggercock-worshipping negress to me
>>
>>24127180
lol see you in the rooms in a few years, if you're lucky enough to make it.

"a moment of silence for the addict who will walk by this meeting and never know it's here"
>>
>>24127163
you should go if you want to. it's easy to make friends. everyone will be nice to you and welcoming. plus coffee and sometimes cookies or candy.
>>
>>24127226
I'm not actually an addict, I do it maybe once or twice a year since you don't get rich by spending money. Not a fan of cults either.
>>
>used to have a drinking problem
>went to one meeting
>gayest shit I have ever sat through in my life
>just stop
>>
>tfw you have never been drunk or used drugs but attend AA and NA meeting for human contact
>>
>>24127145
also i think, (and this is just for me) it might have to do with working the first step, how they say like the only step you have to work perfectly is the first step. i feel like now that i finally have come to understand that i truly am powerless, it just helps. it makes using no longer an option.
>>
>>24127262
it's easy to get to know people on a surface level, but you have to remember that everyone that comes into the rooms are fundamentally broken on some level, and have a higher incidence of severe personality disorders. watch all of those people disappear from your life if you ever take a short break from meetings. there are some really sick people in those rooms, a lot of predators. i don't think basing your whole life in that program is a good thing, it has an abysmal success rate. you're better off utilizing cognitive behavioral therapy to gain positive coping skills in place of drug use for long term sobriety.
>>
>>24127327
If you stopped using then you're not powerless you fucking idiot
>>
>>24127307
i agree, i can't stand AA meetings, but i find NA works well for me. plus if you can stop without it that's awesome. but for me, it's what i have to do to stay clean (kek just for today)
>>
>>24127345
haha, but you don't understand, they "Gave Up Their Wills" to God, and he makes the decisions for them now. He has decided for them to not use.
>>
>>24127345
powerless after taking that first drug. that's why i don't take the first one anymore.
>>
>>24127358
NA is only slightly more secular than AA, and you still get the same zealots. It all descends from the same fascist Christian cult anyways.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxford_Group
>>
>>24127371
actually i don't really do the higher power thing.

the program is possible without a connection to a higher power. the "i may not believe but i believe that you believe" type of thing
>>
>>24127396
so which is it, are you powerless at all times, or do you only have power when you're not on drugs? why do you have to give your will over to the care of god at all times if you have some semblance of control?
>>
>>24127404
true but i mean where i live there is a good NA scene. the meetings vary from place to place
>>
my parents forced me into rehab a while back and then sober living and all the fucking 12 step bullshit I had to endure made me relapse because I realized that actually wanting to be sober is for fucking morons
>>
>>24127431
you don't HAVE to give your will up.

and im powerless once i take that first drug, in real terms, the first shot of heroin is game over. i can't stop. without being forced to (jail or rehab usually is how it goes). so basically once i take that first drug, im powerless. but also important to recognize this and not put myself in situations that are sketchy, like if i KNOW im powerless, im not gonna go to a trap house. ya know.
>>
>>24127421
so do you believe that you don't innately have the willpower to not use narcotics, that you can't rationally use your head and think "Wow, if I start shooting dope again I'll be really miserable and die, not gonna do it" and just leave it at that?
>>
>>24127515
i don't think it's a matter of willpower. i think i have a disease, like something different about my brain that makes me unable to stop. because ive done some stupid fucking shit, like i would have a probation drug test the next day and still use, when i KNEW the consequences. it doesn't make any sense. and i know ive tried willpower, but the thing is when you have this disease (other addicts will know this feeling) you really feel like you cant live with or without drugs. you feel like you're crawling out of your skin without it, you can't stand it. i have sat around and cried all day and promised myself i wouldnt use, and ended up using. the willpower was there. it's just that i have a disease that i was not treating.
>>
>>24127324
generally, people can tell when someone who isn't an addict comes into the rooms.
>>
>>24127600
do you believe your disease is spiritual or mental?
>>
>>24127447
Where do you attend meetings?
>>
>>24127665
i dont know. i think its neurological i guess
>>
>>24127690
east coast US
>>
>>24127626
but i mean they're welcome too, unless it's a closed meeting, we thank them for their interest in NA (at least in my homegroup)
>>
File: aa symbol.png (50 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
aa symbol.png
50 KB, 500x500
A reminder that NA only exists with and by the permission of AA world services and resenting AA (while in NA) for any reason only makes the "clean addict" (cause it matters so much in NA) a complete and fucking idiot who doesn't read fine print
>>
>>24128573
I always hated it when NA people would come into AA and introduce themselves as addicts with a desire not to drink because what the fuck is AA going to do for a junkie?
>>
>>24128573
Reminder that AA (and most 12 step based organizations) have a <10% success rate, and only exist to perpetuate a cycle that provides fresh meat for the cottage industry that is drug rehabilitation.
>>
>>24128668
all of the 12 step programs are the same fundamentally and there's nothing offered in AA that is solely exclusive to the treatment of alcoholics and that can't be applied to pretty much any addiction by shifting a word or two around.
>>
>>24128707
I agree but an addict is better equip to help an addict, not an alcoholic
>>
>>24128781
Alcoholism is addiction. Alcoholics are addicts. It's the same disease, same neurological response, same destructive coping mechanisms and patterns. If your program isn't going to work because of semantics, it's not a very good program.
>>
>>24128668
>because what the fuck is AA going to do for a junkie?
addicts and alcoholics are the exact same thing. We all have this emptiness inside we try to fill with external things.

NA appeals to people who do not understand this. AA bigots who think junkies are different are just as stupid.

>because what the fuck is AA going to do for a junkie?
get them better with a better book not written by a bunch of idiots for a bunch of idiots

seriously the basic text should be renamed "recovery for idiots"
>>
File: proofs.jpg (64 KB, 1102x677) Image search: [Google]
proofs.jpg
64 KB, 1102x677
>>24127114
Post pic pls stacy. I've seen this claim (word for word) before
>>
>>24128846
please explain in detail, the meaningful differences between NA and AA that would contribute to one program being viewed as less effective than the other, without undermining the efficacy of the fellowship you're championing. i'll be waiting for an impossible post.
>>
>disease
loling

also if you are in fact a stacy you should leave as this is a website for the severely socially isolated such as myself (not kidding)
>>
>>24128679
hazleden has the same success rate. Recovery from a substance abuse disorder has the same success rate. So i don't really understand your argument?

"lets just not do drugs" has a <10% success rate too
>>
>>24128846
>get them better with a better book not written by a bunch of idiots for a bunch of idiots

>defending a book written by a 1930s con man who smoked himself to death and derived the big book from a fascist christian cult

>defending 12 step treatment at all

stay brainwashed
>>
>>24128891
Im not talking about how one is more effective than the other. What I am saying is that NA is full of idiots who couldn't get past the fact that alcoholism and addiction are the same thing (its why it was created).

There are idiots working the 12 steps who think having a sponsor who did the same drugs as them fucking matters.

dont even get me started on OA or CMA they are the absolute worst
>>
>>24128846
Junkies don't belong in the rooms of alcoholics anonymous, period
>>
>>24129093
>CMA

Chronic masturbators anonymous?
>>
how hard is it to fuck qt addict girls and make them relapse and have vulnerable junkie sex?
>>
>>24129130
Not hard at all

I know girls in AA were pretty easy
>>
>>24129093
NA was created because alcoholics didn't want them there and refused to let them participate. You can still encounter this attitude in AA rooms today, many want AA to be for alcoholics only. What did you expect them to do?
>>
>>24128979
the other day some teenager wearing huff socks and a snapback told me the exact same thing

w-was that you anon?
>>
>>24129119
crystal meth anonymous
>>
>>24129130
it's pretty easy, i wouldn't recommend it though as they're all generally really insane and not receiving any sort of legitimate mental health treatment. you'll probably also catch a disease.

>>24129158
no, but despite his fashion sense, he has history on his side.
>>
>>24129098
but I did more than just alcohol homie and my sponsor was a tweaker, you are an idiot and give AA a bad name
>>24129155
>you can still encounter this attitude in AA
sure, from some 50 year old fuck who molests his grandaughters and>>24129098
this guy, why would you listen to anything they have to say anyways?
>>
File: nagoku.png (180 KB, 1484x573) Image search: [Google]
nagoku.png
180 KB, 1484x573
>>24128846
>The average NA member
>>
Never been to a meeting, but I've been in outpatient groups since September.
I actually hit 1 year clean on the 17th. It's really easy to minimize the struggle until you actually have to go through it.
>>
>>24129209
if being brainwashed is what it took to finally feel a little more comfortable inside without destroying my life through rampant drug use, I guess I don't really know why i got mad
>>
>>24129348
I laughed for a good minute
>>
>>24129358
when i got one year sober it felt like more of an accomplishment than my diploma or degree. Good job anon.
>>
>>24129714
Thank you for that. It may have been the post that gets me to go
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.