[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /military/ here? I need a change of location and a source
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 14
Who /military/ here?
I need a change of location and a source of income and living on a ship seems quite appealing to a NEET. What do you know about it?
>>
It gets old fast.
>>
It's hard to say. From my relatives, definitely seems like a 'love it or hate it' type of lifestyle (even moreso than typical military work).
>>
I was in a psych hospital for suicidal thoughts/actions once. Is it impossible for me to get into the military now?
>>
>>24125736
So does being a NEET. What about being a marine? I'm currently a sedentary skinnyfat autist, how do you reckon I'd do?
>>
>>24125700
>>24125700
Don't join unless you're prepared to leave most of what you have behind. Home and internet won't be a thing for a while, and internet may or may not come to you until you're in AiT/Technical Training.

The most positive thing that has came to my mind since joining was how mature the population has been since I have switched lifestyles. Sure, there's still a measurable amount of fuckheads, but due to the very strict standards set in the military, they are reprimanded quickly and harshly.

If you stick to yourself and mind your own business, and make sure you're making the most of the education and skills that they give you the opportunity to acquire, you'll be fine.
>>
>>24125700
Eh, I wouldn't go for it. There are plenty of alternatives to military work.
>>
>>24125700
perspective of joining FFL is the only thing that gives me hope and stopped me from killing myself
>>
>>24125901
Yep. If you've ever seen a psychiatrist you're also PDQd. I got a 99 on the ASVAB (perfect score) and 130 on the DLAB (the average is like 50) and I got PDQd for cutting myself a few times when I was like 12.
>>
>>24125901
That kind of psych evaluation wouldn't let you get any further than MEPS. Sorry bud.
>>
>>24125981
To add to this:

I was set up to go into behavioral intelligence (basically interrogation of foreigners because of muh language battery score) and when I got the PDQ I was getting called by the recruiters multiple times a day begging me to get a psych eval and contest the PDQ. I did all of that and was still PDQd at the end.

The military is fucking retarded.
>>
>romanticizing the military like it's going to change you for the better or something

You're the only one who can unfuck yourself. Period.
>>
>>24126100
Meaning after a 4 year tour of duty I wouldn't have saved money for a car and a few months of rent for an apartment in a location the fuck outta here?
>>
>>24126100
If the military doesn't change you, you didn't try.

While what you say is true about you being the only person that can unfuck yourself, the military facilitates the process.
>>
>>24125953
>how mature the population has been since I have switched lifestyles

I'm guessing you didn't join the army, everyone here acts like they're still 18 and in high school trying to relive their glory days
>>
i work on ships and i can say it sucks. hope you hate the internet and drinking/smoking weed
>>
don't be a willing globalist pawn anon
>>
>>24126427
Chair Force. Paperwork is handed out like candy on Halloween for people who can't act properly.
>>
>>24126427
>everyone here acts like they're still 18 and in high school trying to relive their glory days
as in college, work and basically through all their lives
>>
>>24126579
That explains it, the army is trying to do that as well but the most people ever get is reduced pay unless if they fuck up really hard like piss hot. That's the only time someone's been kicked out here
>>
Been in the military of a small ex-soviet country for close to 4 years now. 1 trip to Afghanistan.
Most of the time the food will suck. You will not get much sleep, you will be tired. But you will meet the best people in your life. Military people have a very sick sense of humor, nothing is sacred. You will get to fuck shit up, you might end up getting fucked up yourself. You will see shit go down, I miss epic firefights against Taliban in Afghanistan, I really do. Ask me anything.
>>
>>24125981
Well, pretty much your fault for admitting it. I have self-harm scars everywhere but no one brought it up and I didn't say shit.
>>
>>24126636
Georgia? fucking mountain elves with your squiggly writing
I dunno who else sent forces over there.
was it pretty? it seems to have beautiful parts
>>
>tfw only joined the military because too autistic to go through a job interview and I wanted money for games and seclusion from my parents to buy onahole and dildos
>>
>>24126690
>Well, pretty much your fault for admitting it. I have self-harm scars everywhere but no one brought it up and I didn't say shit.
I didn't admit it. I lied and said they were from a glass table being shattered on my when I was younger. They didn't believe it. I told the same shit to the psych eval guy and he didn't believe it either.
>>
This PDQ thing is scaring me here. Family history of schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, major depression, have the makings of a school shooter and may or may not have left a paper trail suggesting it. Not to mention autism.
>>
File: feed me more foreskins.png (253 KB, 580x452) Image search: [Google]
feed me more foreskins.png
253 KB, 580x452
>the marine fights for the man standing next to him

and the jew behind him
>>
>>24126840
Don't even bother. You'll be PDQd immediately.
>>
>>24126695
Afghanistan is a total shithole. Not Georgia. I can't write for shit and I'm tired. I am fluent in English though. Afghanistan has beautiful parts. I was in Helmand province, you know where all the shit goes down and where all the fucking opium/heroin in the world comes from. Most of it was a barren sandy, rocky wasteland. Driving out of Camp Bastion was a sick view, fucking trash everywhere, shitloads of trucks waiting to get in and bring supplies. The gas-stations and all the infrastructure was like something out of a Mad Max movie.
>>
>>24126840
If you don't have anything documented then you're fine, they don't bother to check your family history and barely check your own medical history for most jobs
>>
File: 1441250900578.gif (2 MB, 400x194) Image search: [Google]
1441250900578.gif
2 MB, 400x194
>>24125977
Me too,I'm planning for January
>>
>>24125977
You will never make it. You will be treated like shit, don't fucking do it. My old friend was a kickass soldier and he fucking went for it. Advised me not to join, it's fucking shit shit shit shit shit shit.
>>
>>24126614
Alcohol and unprofessional relationships have been a huge issue lately. No less than 3 underage drinking cases a month and we've been having issues with PDA and the like.

Not worth the career, man.
>>
>>24125700
It might be for you if you're a natural-born athlete.

Keep in mind, though, that you're going to spend a lot of your time being pissed off. You're going to find yourself at the mercy of levels of stupidity you'd have never thought possible to exist.
>>
>>24126690
Way to put yourself on the OSI watch list dumbass.
>>
>>24127547
Open Source Initiative?
>>
>>24127544
This

So much this

Military epitomizes the saying "hurry up and wait".
>>
>>24125908
What time can you run three miles within? How many pull ups can you do?

I got out as a Corporal. Most Marines I know spend most of their free time on the internet and Playing MMO's. If you're not into that you're going to have a hard time overseas since you need a buddy to get off base if you're an E3 or below.
>>
>>24127567
Office of Special Investigations. Guys and gals in suits and goes knocking on doors when
>>
>>24125901
They can't access your medical record, so as long as there is no other record of it that would show up on a background check, you can simply not tell them/ lie about it and be fine. But you MUST KEEP IT A SECRET.
>>
>>24127608
I guess I should do that Couch to 5K thing then. Good thing I have 5 kilometers of highway to practice on.
>>
>>24127623
*when something gets reported, someone gets into a fuckload of trouble but not enough evidence is presented, or when paperwork doesn't add up.
>>
National Guard here. When I left I didn't expect a home to come back to just that I'd have to go back to my state after initial entry training.
Training is meant to develop you as a soldier and a person not really break you. It's subtle when people break they just decide they don't like it. It reflects in their daily attitude and behavior. Maybe when they finish the training and get to a good place and get into the swing of things they realize about it. Maybe they just ride out the hard times and do their "best".
Don't join for the wrong reasons, benefits, killing, that kind of shit.
What is your standard of living? I was lucky to have a roof over my head and food to eat, Army does that and pays you to learn. You'll see a lot of people that don't want to be there. After training depends so much on your unit which can be job specific I won't comment.
If you want an easy life don't do it. If you can handle responsibility and want to prove yourself the military will pay you to do things that would be considered exciting as fuck in the civilian world but boring and run of the mill as shit to soldiers that they'll say the military can suck the fun out of anything.
>>
>>24125700
Could I get in with a panic disorder
>>
>>24127476
I don't feel bad for anyone who gets caught underage drinking, everyone who does is usually blasting music in the dorms or carrying a bottle with them.

It's so easy to not get busted
>>
>mfw i've been to atleast 5 different psychiatrists

can i just lie?
>>
>>24127662
>If you want an easy life don't do it

The military is literally the easiest shit of alltime if you have an IQ above 80 and you know how to blend in and not stand out
>>
My toy gun is still sitting in my high school's safe.
>>
>>24127663
Why would you WANT to?
>>
>>24126868
Azerbaijan?
>>
File: 1443739877135.png (20 KB, 748x680) Image search: [Google]
1443739877135.png
20 KB, 748x680
Anyone else think the US military is too just, normal and boring?
I've been saving up money to try out for the FFL. I wont have money to fly back into the USA, so I'll just jump off a bridge or in front of a train if I don't get in. I've already considered doing that, but since I had a passport I thought I might as well try for something extreme that will get me respect after its all over.
>>
>>24127672
Even easier to not be a degenerate.

Literally not being a degenerate and acting like a basic responsible adult keeps you out of most disciplinary situations.
>>
>>24126700
How did that work out?
Wouldn't someone eventually find out because you live in the barracks? Or at least see you try to sneak in your onaholes?
I'm asking because I'm joining too ( AF )and have a few onaholes myself.
>>
>>24127659
You need to be able to do it within 28 minutes. You also must be able to do bare minimum 3 dead-hang pull ups.
>>
>>24127790
I just keep them in my closet until I get horney since they have locks. And after you get out of training and go to your duty station you don't have to do the dumb shit of opening up your packages so you can order whatever gay stuff from Amazon without anyone ever knowing

It's pretty easy since my roomate is always out doing normie shit so on the weekends I just stay up until 7am playing vanilla WoW
>>
>>24127851
Thanks senpai
I don't know if I can fap vanilla anymore. Onaholes are too good. I was really worried how that would work out after I ship.
>>
>>24127790
AF here. Once you get to Technical Training, you share a room with only one other person, maybe two.

But why tho
>>
>>24127700
Depends on how well you can PT. That's always the biggest thing is how physically fit you are. You can get in trouble on a regular basis and be the dumbest rock in the world, but as long as you can PT well, you can make it. I've seem people who barely qualified on the range become shooting instructors simply because they had high PFT scores.

It never ceases to amaze me how motard shitbaggery and stupidity get rewarded so easily, whereas the hardest working guy in the unit gets shat upon because he has to work too hard to PT at required levels.

Confidence is always more important than competence; even if you are wrong.
>>
>>24127914
Just wait until you're out of training also, I don't know how the AF does it but in the Army while in training the sergeants could look all through your room and every dresser if they wanted to. Here in the real army they don't bother since they have more important stuff to worry about
>>
>>24127945
>But why tho
Feels good man.
Imagine the best fap you've ever had. Now image that happens regularly, sometimes even better.
The difference between an onahole and hand is the difference between mcdonalds and a home cooked meal. If you can stand to prepare and clean afterwards the quality is substantially better.
>>
>>24127700
No.
>More accurately being a private is the easiest job to perform.
>Right place, right time, right uniform.

Now surround yourself with a bunch of other privates that don't want to be there and why the fuck would they listen to you you're just a private, even prior service guys among our ranks in training had that problem.
Learn to relax and let the people that have earned their stripes organize shit and ignore everyone else's bitching (some of it can be legitimate, some of it might be even more legitimate from their perspective of what happened with whom) and yeah maybe it's the easiest job. You'll be picking up the slack from other people that don't want responsibility and don't want to be there. Give 100% and when your pushing when your tired and others are bitching but you got a lot to do yet a lot of the time you'll be struggling not to roll your eyes at the situation your in. Personally I like what I signed up for, I try my best. It's a good deal. I like something like 99% of the people I meet I rarely get put into confrontations that would break into a fight with coworkers and have never been put in one since I got to my unit.

If you sign up don't fight with your instructors, they are experienced soldiers and know what they are doing.
>>
>>24127662
>Nasty Girls
>Military
Sweet Jeezus. I'm a Coastie, and even we don't take the National Guard seriously.
>>
File: timemachine.jpg (94 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
timemachine.jpg
94 KB, 720x960
If I joined the National Guard to pay for my tuition is there a chance I'd ever be deployed?
>>
>>24127663
So long as you can hide it indefinitely, sure. Just remind yourself that the yelling is all bullshit. One of the biggest things that'll help you is internally telling the world, your superiors, your drill instructors, any other asshole these two magic words: "Fuck You". I had zero respect for most of my drill instructors while I was in boot camp, and even less when I got out.
>>
>>24128056
Yeah, it's easier to deploy as national guard and tuition assistance as national guard isn't guaranteed at all
>>
>>24128117
I mean if I tried avoiding it would it ever be forced? And how variable is the tuition? Means tested?
>>
>>24127608
I swear to God, Camp Pendleton is a God send to the Marine Corps. Devil Dogs would never reenlist if the only places they could go were Okinawa or Camp Lejeune.
>>
>>24128138
Of course you have to do, you just can't tell the army nah I'm not going
>>
>>24128258
People in the National Guard only a few people get deployed t.b.h pham
>>
>>24128046
That's your problem buddy. I'm a team player I do my part. Coasties is a small group so I imagine they manage theirs pretty well, if you were a regular you'd fucking hope to have a squaddie like me.

>>24128056
National Guard depends on state, some might pay previous school debts. You can lose those benefits. Army will pay for future schooling you do not previous debts.
Read the regulations most of the bitching you'll find about the military is when it doesn't go by the book. That's a very, very, small few getting through the cracks. If you get the book thrown at you expect the worse.
>>
>>24128272
I know that, I'm just telling the guy if the army wanted to it's easier to move out a national guard unit than an active army brigade level movement since it's less moving pieces and less politics
>>
>>24127685
Yes, they can't see your medical history.
>>
Oh dear oh my I want my tuition paid, but I'm never sure if I'll be deployed. Even the recruiters wouldn't give me a straight answer.
>>
>>24128462
Deployments right now aren't even hard, you just sit in an air conditioned building in Afghanistan or Kuwait for 9 months
>>
>>24128511
but it will interrupt my schooling
>>
>>24128433
>Yes, they can't see your medical history.
Are you sure this is true? I have been to a bunch of psychs and been diagnosed with shit. I am gonna say no to having ever seen a psychiatrist.
>>
>>24128572
The schooling that's not even guaranteed to be paid for...
>>
>>24128142
I love Okinawa, I really do. But my reasons for loving Okinawa are different from most stationed there. Videos related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-MFUt7DKW0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swl1hnMrSpY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smRJ1SDvhKI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wix_9m7Mpp8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEkLhXPJdwQ

This was the biggest motivation I had for joining the Marine Corps. Japanese car culture is fucking GOAT.
>>
>>24128582
I've seen psychiatrists prior to my service as well. I've also been on psychiatric drugs prior to enlistment. Chances are you're be seeing a psychiatrist while you're in as well like I did. They don't know your medical history, and it's something they can't see without your consent legally anyway.
>>
>>24127662
You still around? I've been considering joining myself, I like the idea of being payed to learn, and want to support my country, without having to shoot Muslims in shitfuckastan. Don't get me wrong, I know deployment is possible, but it doesn't seem like a priority.

I was wondering, how do you get a degree through them? Presumably you attend college while still attending training, but how exactly does that work?
>>
>>24128738
>Chances are you're be seeing a psychiatrist while you're in as well like I did. They don't know your medical history, and it's something they can't see without your consent legally anyway.
So what do I say? Just lie through my teeth?
I've been on a SHITTON of psych drugs and seen a lot of psychs. I've seen enough psychs to know how to appear normie though.
>>
>>24128811
Then just appear normie.

...and you may have to lie...oh well. If your recruiter really wants you in, they're not going to push the issue too hard. Just keep it buried as possible while in basic. Do not let them find out about it, or you may find yourself kicked out. We had one guy in our boot camp platoon that got punted back to the civilian world because he couldn't hide his bipolar disorder.
>>
>>24128795
I'm hanging around here for a bit. Don't mind answering questions to the best of my ability.

Deployments in the Army depends on factors like MOS and where it puts you, some people can go an entire career without getting deployed other people will get them over and over again.

You go National Guard, you're Army. You'll get some flak about being a weekend warrior but it's one team one fight, don't salute a Army,Marine,Navy,Air Force Officer or any branch even if they're not Army or National Guard and you're wrong. They deserve the respect you'd give of anyone else in your specific organization.

You go Guard you're gonna be assigned to the state you signed up with it's the states Army you work for the governor just as much as you work for the President. When you're not on duty you can sign up for college and schooling if you have good NCO's and stuff they'll want you to do that. Army gives promotion points for schooling. Smart do people join up despite what you hear.
>>
>>24128972
Should I lie to the recruiter about it, or tell the truth and tell him I'm going to lie?
>>
File: 5.jpg (103 KB, 786x780) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
103 KB, 786x780
>Got put in JBLM, WA
>legal weed everywhere
>Can't smoke any of it

fugg
>>
>>24129008
Alright, I got you.
I certainly aren't enlisting just for the degree, but I definitely would want it. What I'm not sure on is would I be receiving training at the same time as I attend college, or do I serve my term, then attend?
>>
>>24125977
Careful what you wish for.

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/a-canadian-in-the-french-foreign-legion
>>
>>24129034
Probably don't bring it up, and try to downplay it if it is. I did tell my recruiter and still got in, but this was during the Iraqi and Afghanistan occupation, so they needed numbers at the time.
>>
>>24129070
You go through initial entry training with everyone else, National Guard and Army. Sign up with the Guard you're going to learn basics of being a soldier then go to reception and realize slowly no one knows what the fuck their doing like making a formation (going to be a bit of movement and filling the gaps naturally) but they'll put you ahead of the curve. At least my state does.
After IET you go back to your state. The Guard is a continuation of the original state militias it's just evolved a bit. Back in WWI or II they were rolled into the regular Army because of co-ordination and logistics and what not. You got whatever time to do what you want within reason when you're not doing drills or deployments if you have issues with dates about schooling and military obligations just talk to your leadership to work it out. Expect the military to come first but it's made up of people and their savvy and can work around stuff.
>>
>>24127799
Are you shitting me? That's fucking easy.
>>
What are living conditions like for a soldier living in the barracks? I'm your typical awkward virgin robot, will I be able to have any privacy or am I basically living with other people?
>>
>>24126868

What countries military were you under?
>>
>>24129289
I just got off a drill so I'm drunk and tired and going to mispell a word or two here and there.
>desu desu desu
>>
>>24129289
That seems pretty good, man? Any experience with CBRN area of duty? Their website really doesn't say all that much about it.
>>
File: 1423090309360.jpg (94 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1423090309360.jpg
94 KB, 900x900
I've been a Chair Force traditional reservist for 10 years. I'm a Tech Sgt. I used the 9/11 GI Bill and tuition assistance like hell. You only get a decent percentage of the 9/11 GI bill after deploying 2+ times though. If you want the full amount as fast as possible, then just join up as active duty.

Deployments are the best part of it all though (for a reservist). You get away from all the bullshit like the internet, the Chads, sluts, normies, regular life, and just go far away and do your thing. It's perfect if you have no attachments. Just be careful out there; even reserves/guardsmen can come back fucked up. I've seen it firsthand.

Active duty guys always get my respect because they deal with tons of bullshit 24/7. I just deal with bullshit one weekend a month, and even then it's not even a large amount of bullshit. Shit's painfully easy even.

P.S. free tendies at IKEA all week for veterans.
>>
>>24129434
You get another roomate, the loving conditions are average you get a room with all of the standard utilities and some dressers
>>
>>24129332
Yeah it is, but that's just bare minimum to pass PFT.
>>
File: costanza_mii.jpg (111 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
costanza_mii.jpg
111 KB, 640x960
>voluntarily being a pawn for the Jews and defense contractors
>>
File: 1427238206802.png (300 KB, 680x767) Image search: [Google]
1427238206802.png
300 KB, 680x767
>2015
>people still think the military is 100% a combat oriented job

y'all are some clueless motherfuckers tbqh
>>
>>24129612
No experience with CBRN. Just throw on your gas mask in 3 seconds or you're dead. All I know is you can go into the field for that kind of stuff, or train to fix the equipment they'd use for that. If I had to put on a gas mask for real I'd want to fucking shoot someone and by all accounts they'd probably deserve it those type of weapons are in no way selective.

>>24129643
9/11 bill is super iffy it's post 9/11/01, that bill was in response to something over 10 years ago you get an option between that and the GI bill. The 9/11 bill isn't going to last forever. At least that's what a drill sergeant explained to me.
>>
>>24129332
>>24129774
Another thing to keep in mind is that your PFT score is a deciding factor in advancement.
>>
>>24129806
>join military
>do nothing extra and don't volunteer for any duty
>get paid for 4 years for slacking off and get free college
>leave

Sure is hard being a pawn
>>
>>24129806

you're going to be a pawn of the jews either way unless you create your own business or win the lottery or something
>>
>tried joining the air force
>got a 'non-recommendation' for a year
fuck Australia and it's ridiculously high requirements. what's Britain's military like? I have citizenship their so may as well try
>>
>>24129818
well, thanks for the answers man
>>
>>24129774
is the PFT before or after boot camp? my friend said you have to get your 3 mile run down to 18 minutes to graduate
>>
>>24125901
Lmao literally only white bois do this cutting self harm bull shit, girls and white bois, seriously retarded baka familia, punch and break some shit if you're depressed
>>
dont join the fucking marines
youll come out with a GI bill, but no work experience relevant to anything youll do as a civilian. Join the Navy or Airforce, and pick a field that you could do out of the military as well. I went medical and now I just work in a clinic all day. I would have to push to get deployed, so Im basically working a civilian job but I get all the perks of being in the military. Its fucking awesome.
>>
>>24130016
No, 18 minute 3 mile is getting a 100% on the run.

You just need a 24 something minute 3 mile for the minimum
>>
>>24129829
Definitely. You can probably forget about picking up Staff NCO if you can't do a first class PFT.

I can't remember what minimum crunches were...seems like they were 65 or so? I remember 100 was perfect for crunches, 20 was perfect for pull ups...run time escapes me....was it 18 minutes?

CFT always kicked my ass in the point-to-contact portion, rest was easy, though. I'm 30 now, so I do get like 20 extra seconds or so...hopefully that'll be enough since I'm thinking of returning. Life is going nowhere turning wrenches on cars.
>>
>>24130009
No thanks needed but much appreciated.
Military has been the best decision I ever made it's definitely helping shape me into a better person so far, good luck either way with whatever you decide.
>>
>>24130016
You do a PFT twice in boot camp. You must pass both times. Prior to that, you must pass IFT to get in.

>>24130078
28 minutes is passing.
>>
>>24125700
Here's an honest assessment of how I feel about being in the Marines:

In terms of personal and professional development, it was the best thing I could have ever done for myself at the time.

Emotionally, it was easily the worst thing I could have done.

I'm about to get out of the Marines to move on to bigger and better things, and I think the Marine Corps really sets you up for success nowadays.

Prepare to get rekt if you're looking for your happy place in the Marines though.
>>
>>24130070
>dont join the fucking marines
youll come out with a GI bill, but no work experience relevant to anything youll do as a civilian

That's not completely true, depends on the MOS you're given. I signed up to be an air traffic controller, but they made me a telephone and computer repair technician (2847). Unfortunately the Corps had no use for that MOS; all that gear was repaired under warranty, and after it fell off warranty, it was DRMO'd. So in my first unit, I was made the DRMO NCO for shit they were throwing away, smashed A LOT of hard drives (because security)...and worked on a lot of diesel generators and HMMWV's because of my civilian background as an automotive technician.

....and of course, there was a huge shortage of air traffic controllers.

Go fucking figure.
>>
>>24130070
What job family?
>>
>>24130179
>Prepare to get rekt if you're looking for your happy place in the Marines though.

WHAT THE FUCK MARINE?! WHY THE FUCK IS THERE WATER IN YOUR FUCKING TOILET!?! YOU SUCK THAT SHIT OUT WITH A STRAW RIGHT THE FUCK NOW OR YOU'LL BE SPENDING ALL SATURDAY CHINESE FIELD DAYING AGAIN!!!
>>
File: 1423286401974.jpg (71 KB, 418x673) Image search: [Google]
1423286401974.jpg
71 KB, 418x673
>>24129818
It's staying for good. They don't even have the old Montgomery GI Bil anymore IIRC.

It pays a good amount of money so that's pretty much where the whole "it isn't going to last forever" idea came from. Even 1 deployment will nail a reservist/guardsmen like 50% tuition, $1400 monthly for their rent, and $500 for books.

Jesus I sound like a shill but yeah.
>>
>>24125700
what are the difference between the branches?

Seems like the airforce gets the most shit for just sitting around I'm assuming all three have about the same physical requirements and development process for professional workforce later on.

I already have a degree and a job though
>>
>>24125700
I would join but its too physical for me.
>>
>>24130331
That doesn't sound anywhere close to a shill, I respect when someone can read the fine print, even more when they can remember it for long periods of time.
Thanks for the clarification, I hate to run my mouth about shit I don't know.
>>
>>24129829
http://terminallance.com/2012/07/26/terminal-lance-214-meritorious/

a personal favorite
>>
>>24130372
>what are the difference between the branches?
Air Force and Navy get big budgets and high speed new stuff. You'll get shit for that and not crawling the dirt like a soldier or a marine would be expected to.
>>
>>24126636
>>24126868
Estonia
don't refer to it as ex-soviet
>>
>>24127777
I wish I had the courage to do this
>>
>>24130401
God, I love Terminal Lance.
>>
>>24128627
And here I thought it was a laid back place.
>>
File: 1423784233786.jpg (91 KB, 1200x959) Image search: [Google]
1423784233786.jpg
91 KB, 1200x959
I want to join the military but that's 4 whole years and you can't even quit
>>
>>24130719
4 years isn't even that long when you think about it, I've been on 4chan like 6 years now and it went by in a flash
>>
>>24130719
if your life is shit you might as well join because you're going to spend the next 4 years doing nothing at least this gives you some hope.

If you're doing fine then it shouldn't be a problem not to join
>>
If I lie and get in and then get found out at basic do I go to jail?
>>
>>24131256
No, all of the stuff they tell you at MEPS is 100% bullshit. As long as you make it past MEPS and keep your mouth shut about it in basic then you're fine
>>
>>24131344
>No, all of the stuff they tell you at MEPS is 100% bullshit. As long as you make it past MEPS and keep your mouth shut about it in basic then you're fine
I've heard they run more checks on you during basic if you're doing an intelligence job, though.
>>
>>24131359
Yeah they do, if your job is top secret then lying will fuck you over. If your job is just secret or lower then they don't bother checking anything outside of traffic and arrest records
>>
>>24131405
>Yeah they do, if your job is top secret then lying will fuck you over. If your job is just secret or lower then they don't bother checking anything outside of traffic and arrest records
So if I'm going for intelligence and I have seen a bunch of psychiatrists in the past, will I get fucked if I lie and say I've never seen one?
>>
>>24131425
Yeah, for top secret they actually check your reference and even interviews people who you didn't put down
>>
>14 yrs old
>do a self harm on thighs
>SSRIs for depression

Will they give a shit?
>>
>>24131452
>Yeah, for top secret they actually check your reference and even interviews people who you didn't put down
But I have no friends and no one but my family and gf knows about my psychiatry appointments and they would lie about it.

Who are they gonna interview?
>>
>>24131468
Prescribed depression is an insta red flag and one of the biggest things they take seriously to not let someone in
>>
>>24125700
If you are lazy, forget it
Like uninterrupted sleep, not happening
Any mental issues, won't get in
Out of shape, Navy hates the fats
Do you like to study, don't learn make rank, out you go
Noisy as hell, all the time
In the sleeping areas the smell is unbelievable
Any problem having Niggers, Spics or Dykes tell you what to do
Almost no room for personal stuff, none
At sea work is 7 days a week, sometimes 16-20 hours a day
Foreign ports, lowest rank leaves the boat last, Cinderella liberty too
Want a job you can't quit, unless you die, or go crazy
Unbelievably low pay
Like living with crazy, fucked up people, too bad, living areas can have 200-300 people in a space 100 ft by 30 ft
Good Luck
(forgot to mention, lots of faggots, lots of them, some will corner you at night and too bad for your ass, no joke the Navy has a major male on male rape problem, if the public knew the shit would hit the fan)
Haze Gray and Under Way
>>
File: for me.jpg (13 KB, 150x84) Image search: [Google]
for me.jpg
13 KB, 150x84
I would but I don't know what I would do after I returned. This is really keeping me scared from joining, I feel as if I will just resume my current lifestyle with military training.
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.