[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Past Feminism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: 5587952985567.png (133 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
5587952985567.png
133 KB, 512x512
What's your opinion on feminism? Not this current meme shit, I mean feminism before "muh patriarchy." Do you think it was needed? What's your thoughts?
>>
Yeah, I think they needed the right to vote. Also to be able to get jobs when men were generally not hiring them back through the late 1900s. Might have been better for the families back in the 50s to not give women nice jobs because it encouraged divorce and independence, but it won't matter in about 30 years because men will be out of work for the most part due to machines and exponentially powerful AI.

Feminism these days is more of a girls club. I'm fine with that. They're not doing anything that matters anymore. Corrupting higher education isn't making that much of a difference. It just makes men lose respect for women and vice versa.

I expect marriage and families will be the standard 2 homes in the future. Nobody wants to stay with the same person forever anymore. A child of divorce won't have the stigma or feel bad because most other kids will have the same situation.

I think women will just get more bitter though. They're not getting the treatment they have been used to over the past 30 years. A decreasing portion of men are licking their boots. Cohabitation will die soon.
>>
File: jasp29.png (473 KB, 1181x1748) Image search: [Google]
jasp29.png
473 KB, 1181x1748
>>24125228
Idk but I like Steven Universe a lot. Does that make me a feminist?

Here's my waifu.
>>
>>24125420
Liking cartoons doesn't make you a feminist.
>>
>>24125228
I think it's important because it shows us what cunts are really like deep down.

There are still a few keks who are in denial, but they'll get redpilled sooner or later when they end up like pic related.
>>
I think bitches aint shit but hoes and tricks
>>
Women are too irresponsible to vote.
>>
they shouldn't have been allowed to work, now the work force is fucked as are birth rates
>>
>>24125380
No they didnt need the right to vote, because this makes whoever panders to feminine sensibilities all the more likely to be elected.

Its been shown women dont care about the more important aspects of maintaining a civilization like economy, law, war, culture. They only want welfare and an overly safe environment where nobody gets hurt and nobody grows up....exactly what we have today.
>>
>>24125228
Women clearly can't handle freedom, which is why everything is going to shit now. I know it sucks to hear, ladies, but you really shouldn't be allowed to vote.
>>
Feminism has two sides: legal-institutional and existential

Legal-institutional feminism was easy, and basically consisted of men granting equal opportunity to women because it made them feel like nice enlightened gentlemen. Women certainly didn't triumphantly rebel from slavery or anything. They just kind of wore pantsuits and cried a lot as the tide gradually moved in their favour.

Existential feminism is the actual heart of feminism and it's basically never been tried, and only two or three people ever even understood it. Even Beauvoir, a feminist existentialist, didn't get existential feminism. She did what every other feminist did, what Paglia calls the Rousseauist (tabula rasa) mistake, naively viewing women as effectively identical to men, with only institutional, social, and culture barriers to their full actualisation as people.

Existential feminism requires acknowledging that the greatest barrier to women's actualisation is internal, not external. The causation may have been external, as habitual patriarchy or socio-economically efficient gender roles ingrained it, but it's still fundamentally internal: women's entire Weltanschauung is passivity, secondariness, ressentiment, etc.

Legal-institutional feminism is insidious because it not only doesn't address the problem, not only distracts from the problem by deluding people into thinking it's the only game in town, but actively WORSENS the problem. Laws and institutions change (of course, through actualised, "active" men, doing things for women out of sublimated lust) to women's interior, spiritual roles as passive losers lacking agency. This makes the next crop of women more entitled and passive, which makes the next generation of laws even worse.

This is actually the feminine birthright. It's their ideal, chthonic nature to want to sun themselves outside the best cave while the men do all the work. Reinforcing it is like feeding a fire, which then gets bigger and closer to new fuel sources.
>>
>>24125659
Of course, men happily throw as much fuel as possible onto the fire, because they are essentially jacking off their sublimated desire to appear as upright citizens and to pander ostentatiously to women (read: to be good suitors with high fitness, deserving of mating privileges). It's nearly impossible to dismantle for these reasons.

Wollstonecraft says it perfectly: How can you ever become a real, actualised person, who interacts with the world on their own terms, if men rush to lick your shoes and do everything for you the instant you have a problem? How the fuck can you be a real person if men literally want to make sure your dainty fingers never have to touch a door handle? Beauvoir says it too: Single men tend to raise better daughters than single women do, because men are not consciously aware of women's fucked up inauthenticity, and assume everyone is as authentic as they are, so they basically end up forcing healthy male thought patterns onto the girl where her mother would have unknowingly taught her to be just as much of a passive puella aeterna as she herself is.

The next great chapter in feminism will have to be written in blood and sweat, after throwing any ink and pens offered by unconsciously supplicating men onto the floor and telling them to piss off. It's actually kind of unique and beautiful in a way, because while men are self-creators, born into a void, and women are denied that, men have never had to grapple with the unique challenge of NOT being born into a void, of being born into a sea of ennervating shit and then having to achieve such enormous levels of agency that you are capable of repudiating it, dissolving it through sheer force of will, and THEN finding your own void to cultivate. Women need to create an entirely new "Woman" that is not a mirror or echo or shadow of overbearing male worship of their gender.
>>
>>24125528
>>24125532
>>24125564
>>24125629
>>24125633
>>24125646
You are all the reason why feminism still exists. Congrats.
>>
File: ctf.jpg (23 KB, 569x428) Image search: [Google]
ctf.jpg
23 KB, 569x428
>>24125564
True. But to be fair, so are most people in general.

Democracy is inherently flawed because the desire for power should be the primary disqualification for obtaining it.
>>
>>24125380
"It just makes men lose respect for women and vice versa." Sure, but it doesn't have to be this way. Man-hating dykes and their allies should keep the fuck out of higher learning. They have no place in it, but sadly that is where they are... And some people do value marriage and want to make it work. No one should be in a loveless marriage, but women are beyond entitled when it comes to dating, relationships and marriages all because of feminism. Men are being crushed because women are constantly being told by dykes just how evil and useless men are. I am afraid to have a son because of how devalued and stereotyped men are becoming now in Western society.
>>
>>24125755
>Why don't you just bend over and take it?
>>
>>24125755
ok?
i think it should be banned, giving women false hope is just wrong. they can never truly be our equals so why even bother
>>
>>24125228
>Do you think it was needed? What's your thoughts?

Yes and no.

Yes in the sense that females back then were "evolving" they were proving to be starting to be able to be equal men however as it's a subject that doesn't particularly interest me I didn't study it much and I can't say what went wrong but we ended up with giving away close to free shit to women while they don't have to achieve shit to receive it, the easier example we can make is the military, women can service but the entry requirements are extremely low.

Im sure that any self respecting feminist of back then would demand the requirements to be the same for both genders and that only females that could pass those tests could be allowed in.
>>
It's still relevant in places where women are actually oppressed but fuck western feminists (with a large patriarchal cock).
>>
>>24125633
How can you say they don't need the right to vote? Are you implying that all men care about the "more important aspects of maintaining a civilization like economy, law, war, and culture"?

Most rednecks voted for Romney just because he's not black.

Yeah, maybe a majority of women don't give a shit or posession a brain cell advanced enough to vote for the best possible candidate, but there's SOME who can vote with confidence that they've picked the best for the job. Disregarding 50% of the population's opinion for some idealistic notion that men give "more" of a shit is ridiculous. It might be true, but it's not worth fighting for.

Giving them the right to vote was the absolute least we could do.
>>
>>24125899
Except they're causing society to dismantle faggot. They can be trusted with making decisions that benefit society, all they do is vote for free tampons and to make slut shaming illegal. They're complete retards.
>>
>>24125959
You sound just like them. Maybe you shouldn't vote either... Free tampons? The fuck are you talking about?

At least you could cite something noteworthy like funding planned parenthood to dispense birth control pills to enable amorous behavior.
>>
>>24125690
nice oc
what would a society that succesfully abided to existential feminism look like?
>>
>>24126025
just face it, women shouldn't be allowed to work or vote.
fuck most men shouldn't be allowed to vote either
>>
>>24125690
pretty gub jub of hiding contrived bullshit in 'fancy' words guy
>>
>>24126025
M8 its pretty obvious that women are stupid as fuck, they've never managed to build a civilization. Do you think that's just a coincidence? Your probably one of those retards that says "Hurr durr 3rd wave feminism is stupid but second and first was good". Well what do you think led to this current stupid shit? Stupid fucking women that left the place they belong, the kitchen.
>>
File: 215-FF-chart.jpg (176 KB, 726x475) Image search: [Google]
215-FF-chart.jpg
176 KB, 726x475
>muh feminism

t-thanks
>>
>>24125899
Fine. Treat them like equals. Only in today's world that isn't enough. They get more and more entitled and society (other women and beta keks) keeps giving in. I almost want the fucking Muslims to take over the West and restore some sort of traditional gender roles in society, even if they're barbarians.
>>
>>24125795
Though I'd agree that I'd rather not have them in higher learning, not wanting someone to join isn't what colleges want. It's a business, and the biggest business for college is WOMEN. Dispense these useless degrees, give them a soapbox to stand on for women's rights, and you're seeing dollar signs EVERYWHERE!

And in the end, men lose respect for these women, feminists start hating men slowly but surely due to this indoctrination.

>Men are being crushed

I disagree. Do you really feel crushed? How? In the end, even feminists conform to the standard of marriage and children in the end, usually after years of exposure to the fact that feminism won't get them a husband. After 3-5 years out of college, without the daily reminders of feminism, they'll start giving up on it (or hiding it) and try to find a husband.

But how are men crushed? The only real crushing bit is that there's so many women in the work place that men's wages are subsidized to sustain their jobs. I would argue that men don't need women, but women need men for children.

But in the end, you are mad that feminists have invaded colleges because you're sick of hearing about them. I agree with you, but remember that college is usually just four years. The rest of your life is ahead of you, and there's no soap box for feminists to rally on and disrupt you after college (except tumblr).
>>
>>24126110
I don't think what he's saying is contrived, it makes sense. The more you coddle these bitches, the more useless they get. Of course everything is a matter of perspective, so these dumb bitches think all their pathetic first world changes merit laws and societal shifts, "omg he called me a slut this is ab outrage this is why we need feminism pls donate to my patreon". They don't have a reference point for what equality is, they just perpetually think their lives are really tough so they will always want more and more privileges and affirmative action. It'll never fucking stop. They won't be like, there's not enough women in science, despite women being more present in college than men, maybe we should try harder and actually do things. Instead they look at the differences and claim that they're some type of injustice, rather than being a result of their own lack of trying or perhaps just inherent inability.
Tldr, bitches should try instead of demanding more and more help
>>
>>24126174
That's just the slipper slope fallacy. I think it's true that women will get more and more entitled...but I also believe that men are starting to recognize it. The entire pick-up culture, red pill culture, or that men go their own way movement is based off the fact that men have REALIZED that treating girls like princesses is a waste of time and gets them nowhere. All we have to do is wait for these cultural memes to spread. It's spreading, literally, right here and now. Men are sharing their experiences and learning from them.Yes, SOME men treat them like princesses and they will continue to do so..until they're scorned. Red pill types will call them "enlightened" at that point, since they see the true nature of women not in that they dislike being coddled, but that they don't respect men who do it.

The point I'm trying to make is that men in power aren't *really* treating them like equals. They're just deciding to shut up and give women as little as possible to keep them happy. It makes sense. You tell your mom what she needs to hear so she stops bitching at you. It's the same thing. Feminism is all bark, no bite and men have realized it and patronize them by being "tolerant".
>>
>>24126435
I think you're an optimist, breh. But maybe I'm just a pessimist. I dunno, I think *more* men are getting sick of women and doing MGTOW, red pill and all that, but I still think they are a tiny minority. I just have a bad feeling that women will get more and more social power, to the point where most men will be completely fucked when it comes to dating and marriage and family and all that. This is what lesbians want.
>>
>>24126642
It'll pick up. Men will continue to talk to each other EVERY time they get scorned by a woman. It might take them a divorce to see the light, but eventually men will be wary of these feminist types and women, following men, will start to distance themselves from it.

It's already happening! Penny from The Big Bang Theory, Kaley Cuoco had recently come out in stating she wasn't pro-feminist and wanted to distance herself from those types. She was ripped to shreds by them...but the reality is that nothing bad happened because feminists got all mad at her. She's the HIGHEST PAID FEMALE on television even AFTER all that drama. Thousands of other women state they're not on board with feminism anymore because of it's bad image...but mostly because they don't care.

I don't know how women will get social power. I have no idea what social power even is. Is that real power? I'd be more afraid of the boogeyman. Already, men are fighting back against the necessity of marriage in a relationship, thus ending the free ride women are getting due to divorce. The only part men get fucked in these days are child support, But I'd argue it's cheaper than a full time, 5-day-a-week babysitter if you get your child on weekends.

All the mens rights, pua, mgtow shit is tiny and that's a true fact. But it'll get bigger. People will hear what they want to hear, agree or disagree, and gain exposure. TheRedPill subreddit has EXPLODED in subscribers. Less than a year ago it finally hit 100,000. Now it's nearing 150k and it's a community that's existed for a few years. This doesn't even count all the public accounts that don't subscribe to them out of fear of being associated with a "misogynistic hate group". I'd expect ~200,000 are reading these daily posts now... and that's just ONE group.

Yeah, I'm an optimist.
>>
>>24125629
>birth rates
The world has over seven billion people, I think it's about time we slow down
>>
>>24125755
eat a dick cunt
>>
>>24127566
on a global scale, yes
but we don't think globally on most issues
there's a reason why we don't actually help other countries out of altruism
low domestic birth rates threaten our economy and will drive up healthcare costs
besides, low domestic birth rates don't have much of an effect on global population when most of the people are in china and india
>>
>>24127069

and alimony
>>
It's a bunch of hogwash. I understand that there are some legit grievances women face, but they are easily more privilaged than men at this point. And tbqh, we aren't equal. But we should still have equal opportunity to pursue whatever we want out of life.

All in all, most of their problems are either very trivial bullcrap, something that they should be personally responsible for, or blatant lies that have been refuted again and again and they don't even pay attention to the facts. All they care about is how they feel.
>>
>>24127658
Or the continent of Africa. Seriously, what the hell happened there?
>>
America was never intended to be a full democracy so in a way women's suffrage lead to the downfall of the system, along with every other suffrage movement.

That said I wouldn't say it was a bad thing or that America should necessarily follow the blueprint set by the Framers to the letter.
>>
seems like a lot of equal rights without equal responsibilities. kinda like the draft.
>>
>>24126236
I went to an uber-liberal, lesbian college against my will. I dropped out after three years. It fucking scarred me.
>>
>>24125228

It was bad right from the beginning and there has never been a good kind of feminism. The actual meme shit is that there once used to be a good and reasonable kind of feminism that has only later been taken over by the Jews or the lesbians or the SJW - and only then turned into shit. No. It was shit right from the beginning.

Women's voting rights, women in the workforce are the core problems. Equality doesn't work because women want equality even less than men - they only want to mate with men who are above them, and that number gets reduced by feminism. And the end of monogamy just meant that only a few men have all the sex.
>>
There was always "muh patriarchy".

Feminism has given us wonderful tools and ideas. The first and second waves were both necessary, and morally justifiable. If I had lived in those times, I would have been a feminist.

The two expressions you hear most today relating to feminism, are "X isn't a "real feminist" and "Where are all the feminists?" These questions have simple answers. When feminism was populist and doing important work, sensible people supported it. Now that feminism's work was done, the sensible people, the "real" feminists, went on with their lives.

They built a wildly successful cultural force, one unparalleled in human history. They built up goodwill, moral credit, social authority. Then the "real" feminists quit, and left that mighty machine in the hands of women who didn't think feminism's work was done.

Feminists today have spent too long reading their own books. They forgot that patriarchy was opinion instead of fact. They started to behave like a church. The more you look through lenses of gender to explain everything in the world, the more sexism you see. It's that simple.

If this was just a few nuts keeping themselves busy, it wouldn't matter. But feminist theory now underpins real law relating to custody, domestic violence, healthcare etc. It's not acceptable anymore when feminists cause harm to real people.

Where are the "real" feminists? They don't exist. They either call themselves MRAs or equalists now.
>>
>>24125228
Actually wrote a pretty scathing paper about this for my uni-required indoctrina- I mean womyns studies course.
First wave feminism was back in the mid-1800s. Gave women the right to speak in public, own property, etc.
Second wave was universal suffrage.
While both of these movements were interesting in and of themselves, they did not cause many compelling aftershocks that concern our society today.

Third wave was in the 70's. This was about giving women workplace fairness, equal pay (muh wage gap actually existed) and sexual harassment protection (which actually happened back then).

Third wave was where everything in this country started to go sideways. Women went to work, decided they could be economically independent, strong womyn etc. They left their husbands en-masse through the new no-fault divorce system, which took the country by storm in the 80's. This is where we got the "50% divorce rate" statistic, although it's actually much lower nowadays. Even though women were strong and independent, they still needed child support and alimony for the rest of their lives, because reasons

Additionally, third wave feminism caused the obesity epidemic we're seeing today. How? Throughout al of human history up to the fifties, women stayed home and cooked, cleaned, and kept a tidy household. When women started going to work, there was now no one at home to cook, but women were still expected to because that's how it'd been done for the last fifty thousand years. What do? Fast food, and instant meals. The TV dinner gained massive popularity, as well as products like cake mix. The young people of this era were raised on the tit of the packaged food industry and, today, know nothing different.

apologies for the blogpost, it's just a subject I'm passionate about.
>>
I think feminism was needed, and that women deserve the right to vote and have quality jobs.

Now, in America, there is no need for feminism. Women/feminists are
1)Now being accepted into college at a higher rate
2) Pushing bull shit statistics (read: 1 in 5 get raped in college, women earn 77 percent of what men do)
3) ruining men's lives with false accusations
4) almost always getting alimony and child support and custody
5) getting more and more radical
6) being entitled twats.

Fuck this third wave of feminism. It'll bite everyone in the ass eventually.
>>
File: Untitled.png (86 KB, 566x829) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
86 KB, 566x829
>>24125633
I came here to post this. The first wave made them realize "hey if we get together and complain loudly enough, we'll get free shit!" The rest followed. Allowing women to vote is always closely followed by an invasion of immigrants and the fall of the civilization in question. Read "The Fate of Empires". Pic related.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.