[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lack of Self Preservation Today, (Explain this shit.)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
File: Jump-Off-Cliff.jpg (714 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
Jump-Off-Cliff.jpg
714 KB, 2048x2048
Ok, I'll admit, I've never been one to keep up with the days trends, always sorrowfully picking up the pieces of yesteryear..

But will someone, maybe a normie or something explain to me in a way I can understand, break this down for me ok?

There is a SEVERE lack of self preservation in todays youth, doing fucking dangerous shit, drinking and driving, getting into gangs, getting into fights/picking fights, eating shitty junk food/fast food diets, blowing all their money on illegal drugs or other stupid shit and then getting into debt.

Am I fucking retarded? What am I missing? This shit seems dumb as fuck to me, why do people do this? Do they not care about themselves? Do they not wish to live past the ripe old age of 40?

It concerns me, why don't people have the sense to care for themselves? How do they let themselves come to ruin so easily? This is supposed to be the age of smartphones, the internet and enlightenment, so why are people acting so fucking dumb?
>>
Too many humans around, not enough dying in pointless wars for nobility
Also, consumerism being promoted to serve our new overlords
>>
>>24125155
>todays youth
Ok.
>>
>>24125225
yep delusional generation x desu sempai
>>
>>24125155
Cooking and shopping are a pain in the fucking backside. Easy to just buy junk food which keeps forever in the freezer

Frozen veg is ass
>>
File: a.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
You never really put your mind on it, did you?

People are simple, they as live in response of their environment. We are not some magical creatures that ponder about all the consequences and paths before making a decision, we just do it.

Even if from a outside observer its a complete unreasonable and dumb thing to do, we all think thats the only thing we can do, and after considering it all we can, probably the best decision.

It might look lack of self preservation to you but to them may be the only way to preserve themselves.

Also, we are just product of nature and nature is savage, dumb and cruel, its just natural that we act according

Sorry for the bad english
>>
>>24125155
I can only really speak for myself, but here's my reason for it. I don't care. Pleasure and having fun is the only reason I live. Weed, alcohol, and cigarettes make you feel good, and the first two are fun. I also like playing video games, watching anime, movies, and tv shows because I can escape my shitty fucking life through them. I eat junk food because it's cheaper, tastes better than, and is easier to make than healthy food. The debt I don't really understand, but I guess it's because they don't make enough money to buy the stuff they want, and they don't think about paying it back.

>But will someone, maybe a normie or something explain to me in a way I can understand, break this down for me ok?

This is not a normie thing. It's a people thing.
>>
The things that destroy life are usually the things that make life worth living. I wouldnt wanna live without drugs but if I overdo them then I dont get to live much either. An intelligent person calculates risks and keeps balance. A person who doesnt take risks is a pussy and being a pussy is dumb.
>>
>>24125155
why'd you post such a sick move. not horribly dangerous you could get a concussion or broken ribs if you fuck up, I never learned flips though.
>>
>>24125155
Anon, why do you want to live so long? It is known after age 30 you're basically fucking useless anyways.

Also I'm certain that this type of shit has always been happening at today's rate during any time in human history. Difference being is today we have easily accessible recording equipment.
>>
File: asdfalsdkf.jpg (12 KB, 261x323) Image search: [Google]
asdfalsdkf.jpg
12 KB, 261x323
>drinking and driving
>gangs
>fighting
>drugs
>debt

all of this shit has existed longer than you have. fast food is relatively new but p much depends on people being broke af or busy and not having time to cook a huge ass meal or sit down and eat.

no more banksy pls OP.
>>
Young people are hella stupid, but hey, if they want to off themselves then who am I to stop them?
>>
idk but if the normies want to wreck themselves im not gonna put in a huge effort to stop it
>>
There is no sense of progression anymore. Those who stick around have to at most hope for barely maintaining the lifestyle of their parents. There is no purpose, no bright and shining future, people have no reason to believe in god or the state and you honestly still feel like life is worth living?
>>
File: 1428280292910.png (91 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1428280292910.png
91 KB, 500x500
>>24126816
Getting ahead of life will be so easy when people like this weed themselves out, the best part is that more and more people are thinking like this and ruining themselves, it's the YOLO of pseudo intellectuals.
>>
>>24126876
You could be right, or you could be ignoring what they're embracing.
>>
>>24126632
>I wouldnt wanna live without drugs
GET OUT FUCKING NORMIE
>>
why care about self preservation when there's nothing worth living for
>>
>>24126923
With less people competing for jobs or even improving themselves my odds of bettering my lifestyle improve and so do my odds of a bright and shinning future, the usual "life is meaningless" spew I never cared about in the first place.
Life can only get better with less people arpund.
>>
>>24125155
happens in every species young are considered more reckless and aggressive. what are you trying to preserve yourself for anyway? nothing wrong with it but yeah why?
>>
>>24126713
This. Also violence is actually at an all time low. People just think that it's higher because information is so available nowadays. Shit, look at ghengis khan. He killed the shit out of the chinese, the muslims, and the catholics. He raped them too. For gangs look at the yakuza. They've been around for a long ass time. Drugs and debt too. People used to drink and ride horses as well, but that's not quite as dangerous.
>>
>>24127009
You're missing the part where those people no longer produce wealth or consume. Now you could embrace a non classical theory of value and still keep
>Life can only get better with less people arpund.
Or cite environmental concerns or other reasons why population isn't good
But you would have still been better off with more people who were content and producing wealth because they made up the bottom of the pyramid and there were more spots on the top. Without those people, there will be less spots at the top as well.
>>
>>24125155

I used to do a shit load of pain pills and go race my street bike. Almost died dozens of times. I've lost many close friends who got into the same shit. In the beginning I really hated myself and didn't care at all if I died. Now I don't do any type of drugs but I will still race illegally. The reason I don't pay for track is because the track fee's end up being more than the tickets I get. I don't get ticketed usually though, cops are slow.
>>
>>24126974
This. Tell me OP, what are we supposed to do but kill ourselves? What is the goal? There used to be one, but it's gone now, so what do we do?
>>
File: images (11).jpg (27 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
images (11).jpg
27 KB, 443x332
The exact opposite is true.
>>
>>24126966
>implying drugs are normie
>>
File: Yuuko thinking.png (115 KB, 300x376) Image search: [Google]
Yuuko thinking.png
115 KB, 300x376
>>24127129
You bring some interesting points anon.
But then again I had the wrong idea, the vast majority of young retards still consumes a lot and lives on to a live of mediocrity, they are not suicidal, they don't even think about what they do or think forward, they are just stupid and impulsive, so not only will they not be competitors, but they also fuck themselves into the bottom of the pyramid. I guess the "less people makes the world better" just came out of my edgy side.
>>
>>24125155
>wanting to live at an age where diseases are easy to get and it gets hard to move

baka OP, living is about experience and not about sitting behind a desk for 30 years doing work.
>>
>>24125155
You are retarded, OP. Dangerous behavior isn't a new phenomenon.
>>
Here's why op
>I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.
>>
File: 1446350457486.jpg (35 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1446350457486.jpg
35 KB, 500x375
>living past the age of 40
Do people unironically do this?
>>
>>24127495
>tfw no sympathy for any of the characters
Junkies dig their own graves, I just can't feel anything for them.
>>
>>24127530
One thing I might not want to experience is being too old and saying "still got it!"
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.