[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys see the need for friends? Be honest.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: 1405364297973.gif (2 MB, 395x350) Image search: [Google]
1405364297973.gif
2 MB, 395x350
Do you guys see the need for friends? Be honest.
>>
>>24123788
You don't "need" friends, but you do need social interaction.
>>
Nope, I'm perfectly fine all by myself. I drifted apart from all my old friends by the time I got to high school. I came to terms that I'm a loner and I shouldn't let other opinions of me decide whether I should be happy.
>>
>>24123788

Of course.

Having a true friend is a game-changer.
>>
Friends would be nice but they're too big of a burden. They always expect things and I can never deliver.
>>
Yes, who dont need friends?(Irony)
>>
Yeah. After awhile if I don't hang out with anyone I get pretty lonely and depressed. Not having a gf isn't so bad if you at least have a couple friends.
>>
>>24123788
I can definitely manage without friends better than 95% of people, but I'm sure that and boredom are the reason I'm sad all the time. And in reality, I do hate a lot of people, but I still wish there were a few like-minded friends I could talk to.
>>
>>24123843
What about the exact opposite?
>>
>>24123813
>tfw no other Stotic friends
>>
Yes, who doesn't?
>>
>>24123861
Never experienced it, but I wouldn't say it's exactly healthy to be in a relationship where you only spend time with each other and don't have any other type of support system.
>>
>>24123788
It depends. Sometimes I'm in a situation where I have literally nothing to do and it would be nice to have somebody to hang out with, but most of the time I much prefer my own company. I don't think I could be committed to being friends with somebody.
>>
>>24123903
Say you have hobbies and invest your time in those when you're not together
>>
>>24123903
I think there have been a couple of cases of people that I know that lived like this. Some of them are still together actually.
>>
>>24123788
I'd love to have an online friend or two. Real life friends, no thank you.
>>
>>24123788
It depends on the kind of friend. If you're talking about the everyone carefully decides what to say to not get dropped as a friend kind of friend then definitely not, if you're talking about a true you can say and do anything without worry friend then it depends on the person.
>>
YES. also no.

I can, without caring, not see my friends for a month, but I do like spending time with them.

When I moved city I had almost no friends and I got very anxious. Friends are very important but you don't need them every day/week.
>>
>>24123788
I have 1 really good friend that I hang out with like twice a week, we play video games and watch movies.
Aside from that there are several people at school that I hang around, but I don't interact with them aside from school.
>>
>>24123788
For some reason this gif turns me on

Yeah friends make life much better, i definitely need them
>>
Friends are something the weak need to survive. After a long enough time in solitude you either go mad or realize you never needed them to start with.
>>
File: 1445242489033.jpg (23 KB, 428x271) Image search: [Google]
1445242489033.jpg
23 KB, 428x271
>tfw severing the bonds of friendship
>>
I had friends but they all started ignoring me once they got girlfriends
>>
File: 1438882985785.jpg (9 KB, 217x225) Image search: [Google]
1438882985785.jpg
9 KB, 217x225
>>24124667
>friendship is nothing more than a game to me
>>
>>24124614
I agree with this guy. After being a hikkiNEET for two years and managing to not go mad I realized that it's much more efficient and enjoyable to be alone.
>>
>tfw slowly been drifting away from my friends since high school
>it's gotten to the point where I have given up trying to contact them and stopped asking them to hang out

I'm not sure how to feel about this.
>>
File: 1445294892797.png (13 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
1445294892797.png
13 KB, 120x120
All I need is you guys. Everyone else has shit taste in vidya and anime. I'm not going to pretend to care about stupid shit like the sports or some other bullshit just so I can have "friends" and pretend I'm a normal person.
>>
Friends are a burden and 4chan more or less suffices as a replacement. Only thing I really miss is playing games with people who aren't randoms
>>
>>24124903
thnx anon
>>
>ITT: 19 year olds that haven't seen their highschool pals in a while and think they're cool rambo loners
>>
>>24124984
>tfw 26 and haven't had friends since I was 18
>>
>>24123788
After not having friends for over 10 years and all of a sudden gaining some, I'd say yes. I went from being a sad sack of fat shit to someone who lost 67 lbs and is changing their life. I don't feel so lonely anymore.
>>
File: 1445011643067.jpg (49 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1445011643067.jpg
49 KB, 480x480
>>24123788
I used to have friends.
We'd mainly just walk.
I miss going out on nights and just talking.
Now that I moved, I sit in my basement or go to work.
>>
>>24123788
Nope. But I know that without them I feel more depressed, more sad, and that sucks.
>>
File: better than real life.jpg (107 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
better than real life.jpg
107 KB, 1280x720
>had friends irl
>they want to hang out almost every other day
>have to visit
>have to text them
>have to e-mail them
>have to talk
>have to talk on steam, skype, snapchat, kik, etc.
>phone calls
>need to list things i enjoy on the spot
>need to be mildly entertaining
>need to answer questions
>need to ask questions
>can't look at them too long
>have to walk around outside
>need to think of things to do together
>have go eat food together
>always want me to have things ready to go, new music, movies, etc. that they can listen to or watch/talk about
>have to remember all of their problems, things they said to me and special dates such as birthdays or parties
>need to actually be aware of what day it is, what time it is at all times
>show up to all these things on time and do them
>feels like my brain can't shut down for more than 2 hours without needing to do one of these things or my friend gets upset
>haven't even approached maybe friends again after all this shit

How do people do this? It's almost a full time job at this point. Why isn't this shit like anime where they text you once a day and you go meet at a club room when you feel like it?
>>
yes. practice for socializing with people whenever i get a career and for the feeling of belonging and connection with others instead of hatred and rejection.
>>
>>24125313
Those queers aren't your friends they're just using to for entertainment.
>>
File: 1427246130466.png (174 KB, 468x210) Image search: [Google]
1427246130466.png
174 KB, 468x210
Failed normie: the board

2bh
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.