[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never understood the "dumb bully jocks" stereotype
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: 1373049176_nerd.jpg (58 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1373049176_nerd.jpg
58 KB, 400x300
I've never understood the "dumb bully jocks" stereotype
do lots of schools have dumb jocks? when I went to school the jocks were chill as fuck and generally cool dudes to hang out with. They never really fucked with anybody unless they were being really fucking stupid. Maybe it was just where I went. Did you guys get bullied by le big dumb football stars?
>>
>>24123659
Do you live in America?
>>
This is true. it was the loud black monkey ape-like student i had problem with.
>>
>>24123803
yes I do
why?
originalcontentoriginalcontent
>>
File: 1318641621345.gif (13 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1318641621345.gif
13 KB, 633x758
>tfw jocks were smarter than you
>>
>>24123659
same i never saw bullying in any school i went to. not even for the dumbest most beta people. everyone just left those kind of people alone. most someone would do is tell a really annoying kid to shut up but the kid but i never saw someone picking on someone who was quiet and reserved
>>
>>24123883
yea basically
I kind of feel like the dumb bully jock stereotype is created by nerds who want pity from other people
>>
>>24123865
Same here senpai

And they bullied me too
>>
File: 1433291976820.gif (2 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1433291976820.gif
2 MB, 250x188
>>24123857
>>24123883
I'm from texas and used to play football, the fuck up stories I could tell you man. They used to bully the hell out of losers, it didn't help that we were a losing team also.
>>
>>24123659
I was never bullied by jocks. Some looked up to me because they saw me as smart, and the rest just ignored me. The autistic sort of nerds/robots just kept to their own little groups.
Also >>24123822
>>
>>24123659
In my high school the big sport was swimming and there was once a four year period where every valedictorian in a row was a swimmer. None of them were mean. People also never got beat up for being "nerds" or anything. In fact the only type of bullying I can think of was making fun of the really weird kids behind their back, but no one was ever actually mean to them when interacting with them
>>
>>24124076
>>24124002
>>24123961
>>24123883
You guys must be from those pussy towns upnorth.
>>
>>24124125
I'm from Oklahoma.
>>
File: 1431877791299.gif (535 KB, 640x636) Image search: [Google]
1431877791299.gif
535 KB, 640x636
>>24124125
I went to school in Tennessee
>>
Jocks were only assholes in the 80s

The big bullies when I went to high school were basically the long haired metal smart asses who were big. Like the frat guys in the always sunny episode. They used to give me so much shit so before I moved to a different state bc parents, I got so pissed, that I fucking put band aids all over my face, went to his mom and purposely cried like a bitch so his mom would ground him from his car for months.
>>
>>24123659
>mfw the normies who did sports used to legitimately surround me at lunch and taunt me about being a manlet.

Shit, they used to throw food at me because I was shorter than most kids.
>>
>>24124125
>The I live in a happy rich suburban town but I a total redneck because I watched two episodes of Duck Dynasty starter pack
>>
>>24124125
your right i'm form washington
>>
literally no one gave a shit about football or any type of sport in my high school. there wasn't a group of douchebags picking on anyone. there were more popular kids, obviously, and they had their cliques and shit like that, but everyone mostly just kept to themselves, there were barely even any fights in my school. the only fight i can even remember were between two black girls. the only reason i even remember it is because this short ass 5'0 tall nigger somehow managed to climb a vending machine during it so he could get a better view of the fight. i have no clue how he got up there.
>>
>>24124125
Southerners are literally subhuman
>>
>>24123659
>Play Football
>Have above average intelligence

Pick one
>>
>>24124125
I'm from a shitty backwater farm town in Iowa and shit like this still never happened.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 364x329) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 364x329
>Bullied by jock asshole in highschool
>He was 6'4, 9/10 aesthetics, great shape
>Captain of the basketball team
>Slept with all the girls
>Also had 4.0+ and got a 33 on his ACT
>He was better than me in every way, I had nothing over him and he knew it
>He went to Yale after highschool
>I was bored and was looking at Normiebook on my phone
>MFW he has a brain tumor that is "probably inoperable"

I literally jumped for joy in the middle of cold stone, people glared at me but for the first time I could not care less. I'll never bang a 10/10 like he did but I'll be fapping and playing vidya when he's in the fucking dirt
>>
File: 1434806234052.jpg (60 KB, 520x574) Image search: [Google]
1434806234052.jpg
60 KB, 520x574
>>24124193
Implying it isn't up north fault for starting all this political correctness let's hold hands feminists bullshit.
>>
>>24124293
God I hope this story is true
>>
>>24124232
>>24124290
>Mfw when these guys were probably the bullies.
>>
File: e2.jpg (14 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
e2.jpg
14 KB, 316x202
>>24123659
>go to European higher level high school
>all jocks are smart too
>>
>>24124293
Man, I have to admit I really enjoy when that happens. I recently found out one of the dudes who bullied me in high school and his gf died in a major car crash. That shit made my week.
>>
>>24124336
Lol I was far from a bully in High School. I had maybe 3 or 4 actual friends and was very quiet and reserved. The only bullying I can even recollect is two sluts getting a fight before school but one of them eventually moved to Arkansas and the other one moved school districts so that was the end of that.
>>
I was on my high schools hockey team, I don't recall anyone from the team ever being the dumb jock bully stereotype but we did talk shit about people from school in the locker room sometimes. Actually now that I think about it we had one guy who picked on the bronies. He used to stomp all over their magic cards while they were playing on the floor at the top of the stairs and berate a few of them in class (for good reason, one of them popped his pimples in class and ate them and wore steam punk shit with a top hat and trench coat)
>>
>>24124473
yeah that's a great reason to treat someone like shit.I'm sure that guy is really proud of himself.

also
>playing hockey
gtfo normie.
>>
>>24124507
I doubt he cares, he's a drunk fit marine now.

I'm more of a failed normie
>>
Where the fuck are all you people from? I went to a high school where sports were huge. It was an all-guys school, so people just acted however the fuck they wanted. About 85% of the students were on a sports team. About half of the jocks were ok and kept to themselves, but the other half were some of the biggest assholes I've ever met. They chose to make my life miserable for no reason, even though they were swimming in pussy, did no work in class and got auto-passed and were recruited by top colleges everywhere to play sports. My life sucks now and it sucked in high school, too. They enjoyed high school, went to prestigious colleges and are on great career paths. I'm not.
>>
>>24124293
>he made better grades than me
>tumors made better homes in he
>>
>>24124552
oh shit, a failed normie, sorry I told you to leave, you totally belong here.

Just go, I just want one place I can be away from you fucking people.
>>
The popular jocks never were the bullies. The bully at my school was the overgrown poor kid with anger issues who took it out on the weak kids in the locker room.
Eventually the jocks decided he was being an asshole so they kicked his shit in till he became a nice person. He eventually apologized to me and we kinda became alright friends later in junior senior year.
This was private school though so there was no negroes which could explain alot
>>
>>24123659
No, this is a normie myth.
>>
At my school, by junior or senior year, there were basically two classes of jocks

the first was the overachievers. a lot of the football, track, and basketball players were college bound honors students. my class's valedictorian was the quarterback of the football team. he didn't do drugs, was a virgin at graduation, 6'2", handsome, thin but in good shape, 31 ACT, got a full scholarship for 4 years + room and board. i saw him again recently and he's put on some muscle. i'm sure he has a very active sex life.
a lot of the other overachievers weren't as "perfect" as he was and would cheat for good grades, their parents would complete projects for them, they would drink/smoke, etc., but now most of them are in uni and doing well now. i got along with this group because i did well in school, i'm fit, and i'm not autistic

the second class of jocks were the dumb mean ones. i went to school in the south, so a lot of 6'4+ black guys that were really good at sports, but dumb and mean went to school with me. they made up a large portion of this group. there were others in this group that weren't part of the black kids group that were just tall and muscular and used that to be asses to others. i didn't get along as well with these guys, but i got along with some of them that straddled the line between the two classes.

i would think that this classification could be generalized to most high schools, but i've never attended any but my own so i wouldn't know
>>
>>24123659
The people who bullied the most in my school were the short, scrawny 4chan-browsing class clowns because they don't have any reputation to lose by being an annoying piece of shit.

When dumb jocks did bully, it tended to just be either understandable confusion or just friendly fucking around that got misinterpreted.
>>
I was a jock in high school and I used to bully people. I'm now in sales after fucking off in college and I continue to bully people. It rules and I will never pay for any of it.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.