[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else get really hot and bothered about internet arguments?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1445825489948.jpg (72 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1445825489948.jpg
72 KB, 500x375
Does anyone else get really hot and bothered about internet arguments? Like you have to win? What the fuck, I mean we're all anonymous anyways. Why do I care so much?
>>
>>24121808
Not at all, but I am good at winning internet arguments and arguments in general. More so with internet arguments because I can just to the research then and there.
>>
>>24121808

No.
That's for normies with normie boards with rating systems and thumb up votes and stuff, where they sometimes argue over a couple of days.

I usually don't reply more than one time when someone disagrees with me. Or maybe two times but that's it really.
>>
Yeah, I get buttfrustrated when I lose but it's a learning experience. I will admit when I am wrong if my argument is properly refuted.

What bothers me more is when you are winning an argument and your opponent resorts to the infamous strawman tactic. That pisses me off. That's not to say I haven't done it myself tho.
>>
Yes. I also sometimes feel the need to disagree with people for no real reason. Sometimes people will say something I agree with but I don't like that so I argue against them even though I shouldn't. I don't know what's wrong with me.
>>
>only takes 1-2 posts to be able to tell who is and is not a shitposter
>stop replying to a shitposter and giving it attention
>it probably thinks it is right and "won" the argument
Nah, not reason to argue on the internet when the huge majority are legitimate children.
>>
File: 1431244846310.png (21 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1431244846310.png
21 KB, 900x900
>can tell by the wording and general nuances of person I'm arguing with is a retarded newfag
>stare at post for ten seconds
>just close my windows and open them again
>>
>>24122025
I do this too, idk, sometimes you just have to prevent a circlejerk and play devil's advocate. and also it makes discussion more interesting
>>
all of a sudaaaa.......
>>
>>24121808

I've been in many, many Internet arguments, I am going to be 24 soon, I don't care about them anymore really. I've won most, tied some, then lost some, although a lot of the ones I lost were due to mods silencing me, muting me from speaking, etc. Life goes on. We want to get the last word because it gives us a sense of accomplishment and makes us feel like we won't back down from anything. It boosts our ego.
>>
>>24121808

r9k is full of bitter angry losers
>>
File: pepehappy.jpg (70 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
pepehappy.jpg
70 KB, 400x388
>win an internet argument
>feel good
>Lose
>Learn something new, feel a little salty but at least I learned something new and are no longer ignorant

I love to learn!
>>
>>24121808
thats Quentin Tarantino
>>
>>24122675

well isn't that the donkey calling the zebra an ass
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.