[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently started to hit myself in the face. I do it when I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
I recently started to hit myself in the face. I do it when I'm angry or when I'm sad, or just when I'm bored. I enjoy the pain in the face when I'm hitting, but when I stop and the headache comes, I don't enjoy it at all. I also kinda anticipate the bruises and will run to the mirror to see if I got any new ones right after I stop punching. in fact, that's the only reason why I stop.
Anyone here who does the same? Should I see a doctor or will it go away?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-11-03-18h28m31s497.png (177 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-11-03-18h28m31s497.png
177 KB, 640x480
>>24119822
GG did it, for other reasons.

You should see a doctor.
>>
I do the same. It's kinda shitty because next day my jaw hurts. Sometimes even for a few days. And this one time I hit myself way too up and gave myself a blue eye. I actually can hit myself without leaving many marks now, I've only had my lips bleeding few times. But it just feels so damn peaceful right after the punches. Your face is swelling up, hurting and for a moment, that's the only thing on your mind, everything else goes away. And that's why we do it.
>>
>>24119822
>>24119940
You should try boxing.
>>
>>24119940
I know, right? I feel like I'm doing the right thing, it feels almost natural like eating your dinner after a long day at work.
>>
>>24120020
Actually I don't feel like I could punch other people in the face really hard. Maybe some other body part with all my strength, yes. But inflicting pain on others through face punch - scared to even picture. Maybe it's because the consequences are visible right after you do that.
>>
>>24120020
I'm pretty sure my temper would get me my ass kicked and not in a good way. I don't think I could take it as a sport. When I get physical I tend to lose boundaries quickly, even worse I'm not actually a good fighter.

>>24120022
The slight ringing/hummin in your ears. The blood rushing into your cheeks. The slight headache. And most importantly the sudden calm, it's kinda like playing a videogame it's like that moment after that extremely action-packed sequence you couldn't finish ends and you're just watching the cutscene with your heart pounding. It's undescribable why it feels like something I should be doing.
>>
>>24119867
I somehow forgot to reply to you earlier. I'm hesitating to see a doctor because I feel that getting therapy or some other doctor shit is what everybody does because tumblr says its cool to be a psycho. I don't fucking wanna be that.
>>24120194
Unfortunately (or not?), I can't say I'm on the same page as you. After a while I regret my actions and I get worried. Anon, have you yourself even gotten psychological help?
>>
>>24120382
Nah. No psychological help. I really think it's just adrenaline rush. There is nothing wrong in being addicted to adrenaline rushes. We're supposed to like it. I guess it would be better if I had a healthier way of getting it(and you too I think) but it's how it is.
>>
>>24119822
I do this sometimes, last time I hit myself so hard in the eye that I actually gave myself a black eye by accident. I wasn't even thinking that could happen and it was really awkward going in to work on Monday. I just lying and said that me and a friend got drunk and had a pretend fight which got out of hand.

I think I'll stick to pinching/scratching my legs or something next time I get depressed.
>>
As dumb as this sounds, I punch myself hoping to unlock some inner Savant skills.
>>
You niggas need to figure out how to self harm in less retarded ways that won't give you fucking brain damage
>>
>>24120900
I'll still never be capable of lowering myself to your iq level Tyrone
>>
>>24120499
Maybe doing sports could help?
>>24120618
Why do you do this? Is it a way of punishing yourself or something like that?

fuck, I'm asking questions like I'm a shrink or something, but I can't help it, I have no one to ask except shitty shrink forums full of teenage girls
>>
It feels great.

You keep hitting yourself repeatedly, over and over in front of a mirror, making sure every punch hurts and makes your face swell. Once you get bruises, you feel really good because your face now matches how you feel on the inside. That sounds like some serious emo shit but it's true.
>>
>>24120900
Like what? Listening to Drake?
>>
>>24120968
Yeah I actually run whenever I can. Running uphill really feels similarly, it's much more taxing than normal running. I run until I feel like I breathed in broken glass and then I run some more. It's similar, but not quite the same as feeling actual pain.
>>
>>24120966
Yeah, because sitting around punching yourself in the face for a rush is so much more intelligent than Tyrone....
>>
>>24121210
No one said it's inteligent. It just works. Also how bad is the brain damage? Realistically. Lots of people do boxing, MMA or whatever else. They don't seem brain damaged to me.
>>
>>24121280

>He doesn't know about CTE

Good luck with your early senility
>>
>>24121280
Depends on how hard you punch. If you're featherfisted then you will likely only kill off a few and not be able to give yourself a concussion. You will just build scar tissue on your face. If you hit like Tyson, then concussions are nothing to scoff at. Look what happened to Chris Benoit.
>>
>>24121425
>>24121422
Boy CTE does sounds scary from the little I've read. On the other hand, I have all my teeth and I have never broken my jaw or even gave myself any serious damage, so it's likely okay. I actually thought that there is some kind of self-preservation mechanism that won't let you punch strong enough to do some real damage.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.