[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Absolute rock bottom breakdown - WAT DO?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 01_8cbc98de-6840-1_2508034a.jpg (112 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
01_8cbc98de-6840-1_2508034a.jpg
112 KB, 1500x1000
I had an accident 2 months ago...

I hit my head hard and broke a spinous process in my neck. I'm in physical pain every all day every day for 2 months now. What's worse is I got a sudden hearing loss on my left ear. Through treatment, my hearing got a lot better but I still have a very high pitched tinnitus.

I do every kind of treatment possible and my parents support me so much. They literally spent thousands already for my therapies and treatments. I made good progress, but it seems like I will have to spend the rest of my life with a constant tinnitus and pain whenever I move my neck. Just imagine never having silence again and having constant pain for the rest of your life.

For the first time in my life, I feel like I've reached the point where I can no longer carry on. I'm determined to go through with all the therapies etc. but it's hard and so incredibly exhausting. My life was robbed from me over night, all because of an accident. Anyone knows how to mobilise my energies to keep living? I want to fight, but I'm so, so, so tired and I feel like nothing can heal me. Worst thing is: I can't even remember my life before the accident. I mean the feeling of having silence and being without pain. I sometimes reminisce scenes from my old life, but the person living them seems so foreign to me, as if my old life was lived by someone else and not me.
>>
>>24118987
Have you tried listening to music? Tinnitus is a pain in the ass but if you ultimately stop thinking about it will become routine. It doesn't seem like the best reasoning but since you'll be going through treatment you should be okay as long as you voice whats wrong.

Hang in there senpai, there are worse things.
>>
I live with constant pain too, OP.
It fucking sucks, get a referral to pain management.
Tinnitus sounds awful.
>>
>>24118987
Have you tried distracting yourself? Vidya games, maybe?
>>
>>24118987
Sounds like you must have brain damage caused by your accident. Tinnitus bothering you? Listen to some pink noise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ9Go1PnAVA

Just remember that you must have done something, either in this life or perhaps a previous life, to deserve this.
>>
>>24119193
>Have you tried listening to music?
Yes. I mix my music with this
http://www.generalfuzz.net/acrn/
It's great and distracts me, which is important in tinnitus treatment. I should add that my tinnitus was rather loud in comparison to other patients. It's a lot better now, but it's a terrifying thing for anyone.

>>24119260
Of course I hope you'll get well soon, but it's strangely soothing to hear there are other anions with similar sufferings. Thanks.

>>24119294
Yes, all the time. Music, vidya etc. It's actually essential treatment to ignore the tinnitus in order to hope for it to disappear. My problem is that my tinnitus wasn't caused by 'regular' events, but from a sudden hearing loss caused by head and spine trauma. I literally felt the moment when it occurred. I felt a stinging strong pain in my left ear and suddenly my hearing was decreased by about 50%. I can hear again, but the very high frequencies are still mushy, and that is exactly where the tinnitus comes from. My brain tries reconfigure itself to compensate for the damaged frequencies in my left ear, resulting in a messed up wiring which constantly plays this particular frequency in my brain.

I feel so incredibly tired.
>>
>>24118987
I have been living with tinnitus for 5 years. I didn't even get into an accident like you, it just kinda came one night ,while I was awake browsing Wikipedia, and it never left. You MIGHT get used to it over a long period of time OP but in my experience it doesn't really get better. Running a fan in your room 24/7 might help you sleep if your hearing isn't too bad.
>>
>>24119429
>Just remember that you must have done something, either in this life or perhaps a previous life, to deserve this.
Yeah, I had that same idea. Must have been the previous one then. I also thought of some kind of curse. Some old lady poking a voodoo doll with my name on it.

>>24119498
Wow. What frequency is yours? Mine started at about 12000hz and wandered to around 14000hz. Very high. Did you not do any initial attempts to get rid of it like injections, cortisone etc. ? I feel for you bro. Tinnitus is (in its own way) the worst thing you could possibly have. It changes your life forever.
>>
>>24119498
Also try the link I posted. It may sound retarded and the beeping sounds are terrible at first, but after a while you barely notice them and it completely distracts my brain from the tinnitus. It's the closes thing to silence I can get.
>>
Well, I'd keep hope, because science is making huge advances in hearing cures. You never know, In a year or two, they could find a cure for what you're going through.
>>
>>24118987
Iktfb I had a motorcycle accident 5 years ago and lost my sense of smell. It will probably get better.
>>
>>24120117
Not as bad as tinnitus, but interesting. So you smell absolutely nothing? This could be of advantage in some situations.
>>
>>24120244
I had tinnitus for a while but it passed, then I had vertigo but it also passed but still I have no sense of smell. I can't smell but I remember what things smell like. yesterday I put my face above the compost can but I couldn't smell it :^(
>>
>>24118987
Due to several injuries I also have consistent back pain, although it's not that bad, and I have tinnitus in both ears, but its especially bad in the left ear.

I no longer even hear the constant ringing after hears of having it and the only time I notice my hearing issues is when I randomly go temporarily deaf, which is annoying.

As for the pain, it no longer stops me from working a physical job, and I smoke weed/take painkillers to sleep.

It gets easier anon. Stay tough.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.