[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Sliver decks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 14
File: yugioh.png (133 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
yugioh.png
133 KB, 223x311
>Sliver decks
>>
>thinking you can scrape together 7 mana before you get gangraped by my shrouded, infectious horde.
go on and have your elder god get keked by a gang of squirrels, faggot
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>mana problems
>>
File: Best combo MtG history.png (467 KB, 669x310) Image search: [Google]
Best combo MtG history.png
467 KB, 669x310
>>24118345
Sliver decks are only relevant in pauper format. Everywhere else they get thoroughly destroyed.

Also, prophet is not good for card advantage if you're trying to play All is Dust, not only is it no longer standard and there are better alternatives(mul duya, for example) in modern, but it's a nonbo because your prophet gets destroyed by all is dust.

You would be better off with a turn 1 elvish mystic turn 2 copper myr + 1 mana on board for a control spell turn 3 palladium myr+2 mana on board for a control spell turn 4 all is dust and you still have six-seven mana on board. for eldrazi drops next turn.

This strategy would be destroyed by a basic control deck if you didn't have cheap answers, run this stupid deck in green/blue.

pic unrelated
>>
File: Image.png (131 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
131 KB, 223x311
Unmanly non-green cards pls goe
>>
>>24119333
>no trample
into the trash it goes
>>
File: potofgreed.jpg (28 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
potofgreed.jpg
28 KB, 223x310
>decks without spells or abilities
>>
>Go play Modern FNM with Jund because I think it'll be easy
>Play against burn 3 times in Swiss
>Miraculously make top 4 and get paired against Tron
>>
Anyone playing at a high level? I stopped at Theros. Is now a good time to get back into it or should I wait for the next rotation?
>>
>>24120132
Standard is just Khans constructed right now.
BFZ sucks and the only cards worth anything from Origins are Jace and Hangarback
It's ridiculously expensive too. If you want to wait, that's your call, but standard just rotated a few weeks ago so it'll be a while. Maybe Fall of the Eldrazi will fix things.
>>
>>24120132
Standard sucks right now, it's expensive and there is no variety.
>>
>>24119333
>unironically playing furry decks
>>
File: OyVey.jpg (107 KB, 419x610) Image search: [Google]
OyVey.jpg
107 KB, 419x610
Move over kids, let me show you a real card
>>
File: decompose.jpg (70 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
decompose.jpg
70 KB, 223x310
>sapoling decks
>>
File: goyf.png (353 KB, 497x584) Image search: [Google]
goyf.png
353 KB, 497x584
>>24120261
Green creatures have always been the best
>>
File: 1446940983513.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1446940983513.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
>>24118345
>mfw I have never ever in any format at any time played anything else but RDW

and rarely, sometimes junk and esper, but that's only because I hate people
>>
>playing anything but white or blue
>>
>>24120350
Do you just not want to learn how to really play the game?
You could at least branch out to infect. It's the same skill level as Burn
>>
File: 69.jpg (64 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
69.jpg
64 KB, 312x445
>not playing an asshole blue deck

Do you even unfun
>>
>>24120398
>Do you just not want to learn how to really play the game?
I play to win nerd
>>
>>24120482
You can win with decks that aren't made for scrubs.
>>
>>24120132
If you're playing at a "high level" any time is a good time to get back because you're going to have to know those formats regardless.
>>
>>24120502
or you could stop getting mad being beaten by a simpler deck, how do people still get buttflustered by it is beyond me but it is what makes it worth playing
>>
>>24120564
I don't lose to burn, I've been playing this game for more than a month.
>>
>>24120589
you keep referencing to it as "burn" when I explicitly said RDW....
>I've been playing this game for more than a month
I see carry on
>>
I have a really old black red goblin kavu deck with a few rare drakes, am I shitter edgelord?
>>
>>24120664
I have a red/black vampire deck it's ok to be an edgelord
>>
>>24120628
They're the same fucking thing. I bet you think there's a difference with hatebears and D&T too.
>>
File: Enter the Infinite.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Enter the Infinite.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
>>24120132
Standard isn't interesting right now. Last I was playing I spent over a year making >>24119199 work as efficiently as possible and it was fun. Now there's nothing but rhinos+jace or loss.

>>24120340
Color is irrelevant to me, I just play whatever makes the combo work. I often find green is important for ramp and blue is important for protection, but my combo almost always has red in it.

I was really into white when I started. Small creatures that compound each other's strength + auras, I loved it.

>>24120554
You can kind of jump into standard at any time though because of the small card pool. I'm waiting until there's an awesome confusing untouchable combo for me to touch. Beating a tier 1 deck with something like pic related is why I play magic.
>>
>fun as fuck Innistrad and RtR lead into shitty Theros and everything since has been shit

Why
>>
>>24120901
Khans constructed block standard has some decks that look fun like "Evil" Jeskai. I just don't feel like paying $800 for a deck that will rotate.
>>
File: splinter_twin.png (127 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
splinter_twin.png
127 KB, 223x311
>playing casual formats
>>
>>24121646
Modern is probably the second most casual format, you weirdo. Limited requires a lot of skill, vintage and legacy require a lot of money, standard requires updated knowledge, money and skill in building in a smaller format.

And modern isn't even as fun as EDH. You can have the same modern deck for half a decade and be fine, that's how casual it is.
>>
>tfw too scared to go to card shop in my town

I just want to play mtg
>>
>>24121963

You can buy the MTG games on Steam. You can unlock cards, but you still pretty much have to buy digital decks if you want to customize something cool. It's still cheaper than buying booster packs and starter decks in real life though.
>>
>>24121905
>Limited requires a lot of skill,
Mainly luck. More than any other format. I've gone undefeated in some pre-releases and gone 1-4 in others
>vintage and legacy require a lot of money
That doesn't make it any less casual. Just means there's a huge price barrier. That's probably why SCG is down to one legacy event a year, now.
>standard requires updated knowledge
Not really. Look at standard now. You can just take out your old Theros cards, replace them with more Khans cards, and you'll be perfectly fine
>>
File: Smugsuka.jpg (226 KB, 560x577) Image search: [Google]
Smugsuka.jpg
226 KB, 560x577
>>24122178
>Limited
>"Mainly luck."
Oh I see, I'm talking to a casual. I already knew that when you tried to pretend modern was a challenging format with a picture of the easiest deck to use in modern, though. It's just worse than I thought. There's a reason the same people win draft and sealed tournaments with consistency.
>>
>>24122257
I didn't post Splinter Twin. You're just an idiot.
Don't even pretend limited doesn't come down to luck. You can get absolute shit pulls sometimes, and there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
File: 1445992985980.jpg (39 KB, 279x304) Image search: [Google]
1445992985980.jpg
39 KB, 279x304
>>24122338
>You can get absolute shit pulls sometimes, and there's nothing you can do about it.
This is what people who are bad at deck construction and/or drafting say as an excuse for why they lost. If you play sealed and draft regularly, you will see the same few people consistently go 3/4 and 4/4. It's because they know how to pick cards, and in sealed because they know how to build a deck that wins no matter what cards they're thrown. I've watched decks with no rares and minimal uncommons go 4/4 many times. Just get better at deck construction and quit making excuses for your losses at sealed tournaments(where you're even given a pack of cards in a single color lmao).

By your shit logic, all magic is simply luck of the draw. Get good, scrub.
>>
>>24122481
>By your shit logic, all magic is simply luck of the draw
What constructed formats are dependent on what you pull from fucking booster packs?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.