[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /shitty parents/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: notinfrontofthekids.jpg (131 KB, 281x420) Image search: [Google]
notinfrontofthekids.jpg
131 KB, 281x420
Who /shitty parents/ here?
>>
>parents have despised each other for whole marriage
>shit talk each other to children
>don't talk or make parental decisions
>neglect children to rot
>>
File: [Homu clap].jpg (394 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
[Homu clap].jpg
394 KB, 1920x1080
My real parents are pieces of shit. my adoptive mom and family are great. Kinda fucked up though finding out I was adopted, even weirder finding out who my real parents were. My aunt and uncle are my real parents. Apparently I was born "too Asian" looking even though both of them have Asian blood in them. and my dad flipped shit and wanted to put me up for adoption because he thought my mom was a cheating whore. His sister then said fuck that, she isn't letting a blood relative go into the foster system and took me in as one of her own. Even though she is technically my aunt and I found out the truth when I was 13 I still call her mom and consider her my mom. Honestly seeing how my biological parents act I feel like I dodged a bullet by not being raised by them.
>>
>dad didn't help raise me
>single mom raises me like a spineless liberal pussy typically raises their children. literally let me do whatever I wanted and tried to instill feminist values into me
I practically had to raise myself. Both of them were terrible parents
>>
>>24117200
>dad used to hit me almost everyday when I was a kid
>instilled a fear of him, anxiety and trust issues
>whenever I tell him how being abused made me feel he tells me he never hit me and I made it all up
>I want to strangle him in his sleep

I'm just biding my time until I can provide for myself and then dump him on the streets. The only reason he stopped abusing me in the first place was because I reached the age where I wasn't afraid of him anymore and could defend myself/call the police.
>>
>>24117304
Pretty much sums up my parents, especially the shit talking each other to my brother and I.
>>
Father wasn't in the picture because my mom was a narcissist who completely cut him out of our lives just because he didn't want to be with her. I grew up with her until I turned 18 and finally left to live with my dad. Naturally he's disappointed in the fact that I'm not a normie, but he understands considering how my mom was.
>>
I've had a shitty relationship from my mother since birth. Constantly telling me I'm not a kind person, I'm wasting my time being young and attractive and am going to regret it when I'm older since I'm a grill and don't dress slutty, constantly telling me how to eat because its her worst fear for me to be overweight, i stopped being nice when i got depressed, the list goes on. I have a great relationship with my dad but I think he's afraid of her because he never says anything and takes her side (if he has to take sides). As a child I fantasized they would divorce so I could just live with my dad.
>>
Mom is a bipolar single mom, who is a teacher.
She decides to keep me from the gifted courses because she thinks 4th grade is too important for kids to be switching classes.
Grow up not being challenged by my material, and never developed any study skills.
High school hits, at a private school, she is shouting at me to get better grades, which I really didn't care about, because I'm so used to not working.
Teaches me that I should always hold the door for girls, offer my seat, hold her books, etc.
Told me to my face: "They may not appreciate it now, but they will".

Got a paid internship, decided to give my money to my uncle who I was living with at the time to hold onto it I didn't spend it. My mom calls and tells me "it's my money, and I shouldn't give my money to people".
End up spending $2000 in 3 months.

Constantly criticizes my mistakes, so I develop the habit of lying to people by telling them what they want to hear, and closing myself off.
>>
>all these sob stories
@___@
>>
>>24117574
its a bad feel man. especially when i know what they are saying is untrue

i told my mom once that her terrible marriage fucked over my siblings and I. she exploded saying it was 100% untrue blah blah blah im all alone and a victim. how can someone be so ignorant?
>>
>>24117200
My father is cool. He's divorced and don't live with us anymore. My mother has alzheimer and keep forgeting things. It's pretty sucks.
>>
>>24117782
what did you expect when you opened the thread?

>>24117380
your aunt sounds amazing. what made them tell you at 13 tho? that's kinda fucked
>>
>>24117595
do your parents get along? i can't imagine so with your mom inflicting that shit on you
>>
>>24117945
sort of. my dad is out of town a lot so its generally when it's just me and her this shit comes out.
>>
>alcoholic father with a temper
>isn't allowed to see me after 7 since he attacked me in a drunken rage while I was sick
>mother raises me on her own
>becomes a massive alcoholic as well
>is either drunk or at work
>left alone a lot
>given fast food or to find whatever shit was in the house
>no proper adult to look up to
Obviously I ended up with self-esteem issues, difficulty with trusting others and just talking to people or looking them in the eye is hard. I'm too scared to voice my opinion for fear of being yelled at or making someone angry, so I come across as boring and quiet.
>>
File: entering thread.webm (1 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
entering thread.webm
1 MB, 720x404
>>24117200

clueless bitchy mother
anger attacks father
>>
>>24118136
to get an idea how they are just look at the 2015 standup special of bill burr and u get an idea.
>>
>>24117380
Happy to hear you had a good experience. Your mom sounds like a solid person. Your father and mother sound like pieces of work. Did you see a lot of them growing up?
>>
Reporting in

>tfw my mother lied to me for 14 years about who my real father was
>tfw even to this day she makes ambiguous remarks
>>
>>24117200
My mom is actually a good person. not good at speaking English after 20 years of being here but...
>>
my father "forgot" i was in the carseat on the roof of the car and drove down the street got put in foster care 3 years later go back to parents still drug fucked retards wonder why i grew up so bitter
>>
>>24118109
you ever talked to ur dad about it? maybe he can help. my parents rarely talked to each other despite being married so it was futile for me
>>
My dad is an extreme hoarder
My mother is paranoid schizophrenic.
My life is a living hell and I want to murder them both.
>>
>>24118491
jesus man did you fly off the car?
>>
>>24118552
You should do it, I support such actions
>>
>>24118615
I almost killed my mother once,I wanted to slit her throat with a knife but I missed.She still has a scar on her chin.
>>
>>24117200
My parents have been in a codependent relationship since they were 16 and had me at 20.
my whole life has been my parents fighting in front of me and my younger siblings over stupid shit. It got worse when my mother decided to go and fuck like seven dudes a few years ago.
They always got us children involved and it was fucking pathetic.
They're still together and the same shit is still happening.
>>
>>24118579
by the looks of me im gonna say no being a infant leaves me with little to no memories of such he was/is pretty messed up fella
>>
>>24117200
Might as well put my input on it.

>handicapped mom
>dad working abroad 2 weeks per month
>he makes really decent money
>thinks he is doing everything for his family
>is always drunk whenever he's home
>start beating up mom because she lacks his attention and yells at him a lot
>they divorce
>dad's too busy with work, doesn't give a shit about anything
>mom spirals down into depression and requires my time
>am 13 years old at that moment
>realize I can't be a kid anymore and need to fare by myself
>now 22, nothing's changed
I'm moving into my own flat by this summer, I can't wait to stop seeing them and ALWAYS feel culpability.
It can all work out in the end, my friends.
'Cause the only way out is THROUGH.
>>
>dad completely ignores me
>mom hates me for no reason
Growing up was fun
>>
>mum constantly coddled me throughout childhood
>decided at 18 she no longer gave a shit about me
>cares more about her bf who is an unbearable cunt and treats her like shit
>kicking me out soon so they can move away together
>zero life skills, make meager money
>gonna have to live alone somehow since no gf or friends who are ready/willing to move out
>can't wait to live this shithole though
>dad doesn't give a shit really
>he's a bro, go out for drinks with him occasionally but I know it's only out of obligation
>might as well have not have had a dad
>>
my dad turned into someone totally different when his mom died. he still has some sparks of kindess left but it gets less and less. its painful to see your own father going downhill. anyone can explain why such thing happens? i cant talk about it with him, he goes off-road,mad.
>>
>>24117200
I have shifty parents but it's not really their fault I suppose. They unwittingly fucked me up
>>
My father had a complete meltdown two years ago and ended up in the loony bin. After few months there, he came out as a changed man. Never could've thought that a person can change so much.
>>
I'm 22.

My borderline, bipolar mother finally said she's leaving my father to be with some guy she met online.

I wish she would have left sooner.

Pretty much all of my emotional issues are because of her and I still live at home because her abuse kept me from developing social skills I should have had years ago.

I'm not happy, relieved, or hopefully. I can only think about how much I miss the mother I never had.

I've been getting better, talking with my father and working part time, but I can't see myself ever catching up to the rest of my age group in where I should be in life.
>>
parents recently divorced, i still live with her and if i was still custody battle age she would have full custody (because dad is borderline abusive and other shit, not because of any autismal meninist reasons). has been stalking us and waiting near the apartment we live in. Gave us his front door key back, but turned out he had made a copy, and then flipped out when we had the locks changed.
Worried im gonna end up on one of those documentarys about fathers that go nuts and kills their families. Mum's putting on a brave face because im meant to be moving away for a job soon and she doesnt want me to miss that opportunity, but i dont really want to leave her with that shit to deal with
>>
>>24117879
well the reason I got told was because my biological parents being the peices of shit they are. We were at thanksgiving dinner and my uncle "biological dad" was being the drunken idiot he always was decided he was sick of looking at me, and me being there was offensive to him. So he pretty much picked me up by the shirt and threw me out of my grandparents house. My aunt (biological mom) then starts smacking the shit out of him for being and asshole. Him being drunk kept shouting about how I was the family bastard, and how she is a cheating cunt who birthed me, then and my mom just kinda grabbed my sister (technically cousin) and me and gtfo of there.

Needless to say mom sat me down and told me the truth because my drunk biological father already half spilled the beans. I had trust issues for about a month or two after that because my world kinda got flipped upside down but I eventually settled down and formally thanked her for being the best mom ever.
>>
>>24118686
why do you wanna kill her
>>
>>24117200
>father generally didn't care about my life until i was 10, focused more on my sister until she left
>mother was a complete slut
>fought all the time
>sister cut herself because of them, and because she was an edgy as fuck teen
>everything i did was a mistake in their eyes
>father had nasty temper issues
>would belt me for shitty mistakes
>mother kept throwing me into ice-cold showers or pull me by my hear (sometimes even both)
>contemplated suicide multiple times out of teen depression
>parents keep shittalking about each other in front of me
>dad keeps saying how he'll kill mom
>mom keeps saying how she'll leave if i don't stop misbehaving
>they finally split up when i was 16
>suddenly they're best fucking friends
>everything i came to know during my life was a lie
what a world i lived in, robots
bonus points: got severe issues after all my adventures. or i'm just naturally fucked up
>>
I defiantly don't hate my parents but they have flaws that have passed on. My dad focuses only on his business and projects, I guess that's how he finds his place in the world is devoting himself to cars. He's never made time for us kids though, after my parents split he had to connect with us but it was a long process that is still going on him understanding that we're his kids not his employees. I just want them to be able to talk to me and laugh with me and not have to see that worried look on their face when I briefly pass by them on my way out the door.
My mom cheated on my dad for 3-4 years then splitting with each other and marrying the guy she was cheating on him with. THIS SHIT FUCKED ME UP. I was extremely close to her and to have her just leave was extremely surreal. Not only leave but move to Florida. You ask a 12 year old kid to leave his hometown to go to florida with in a situation I didn't even understand. I sometimes wish I'd gone but I know i'd never see some of the people i'd already waited too long at that point to see again.
I've forgiven her for what she did and to look back at how my father is to the people he holds close, I understand why she left. My dad has done everything he can to keep us happy here despite being on his own for the most of it.
I guess just being a momma's boy pussy bitch is just stuck in me till I find another girl willing to do nothing but hug me at all times.
I don't hate either of them I guess it's the classic thinking of what could of been done better by them to help me become who I am but ultimately it's still me who has allowed these things to define my sorrows. I think my problem now is just trying to be able to communicate with others better and continuing on with my life even with turmoil inside.
>>
>>24121372
what the fuck bro we hear for you
>>
>>24117200
>dad got laid off when I was in my early teens
>being around him has been somewhat depressing ever since
>still love him but can't stand how unhealthy he lives

>mom doesn't give a fuck about me
>wageslave that complains 24/7
>lost her license from DUI and she smokes weed a lot

It sucks. They were better when I was younger but they still never disciplined me. I don't look up to them at all.
>>
>>24122076
take it upon yourself to become better then your parents perhaps?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.