[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>your future wife decides to keep her maiden surname What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
File: rings.jpg (38 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
rings.jpg
38 KB, 640x480
>your future wife decides to keep her maiden surname

What would you say about it?

Op would not allow it. Not ever.
>>
>>24115522
I'm so much of a beta that I would take her surname in that case.
>>
Not okay. I'm too much of a traditionalist to let that slide. Even a double name wouldn't be okay - you take my name or another man.
>>
>>24115522
I wouldn't marry her then
>>
>>24115522
>What would you say about it?
"No"
>>
>>24115522
My surname is really awkward, so I would kind of understand her... but still, she should take my surname, since we're getting married
>>
>>24115522
>your future wife
literally go fuck yourself
>>
Who gives a fuck?

>inb4 check this kek

You dipshits really think some bitch taking your last name will change anything?
>>
I'm from Costa Rica and I didn't know until I was in my teens that women in the US would take men's surname. That's ridiculous
>>
>>24115522
good for her.
I'd propose that myself anyway.
>>
>>24115642
No, not at all. It's just a principle some men are holding high.
>>
In my country this hasn't been a custom since the 60s.

It's 2015, the woman isn't a possession of her husband anymore.
>>
>future wife

sure i'll do that. and she can sign a pre-nup lol
>>
>>24115522
I don't care.
Her parents kept theirs, so our kid's last name would be three parts long.
>>
She's already taken my name, though.
>>
>>24115675
>ITS LE THIS YEAR
>>
>>24115675
F U L L Y C U C K E D
>>
I'm not into marriage, but if someday a woman makes the terrible mistake of marry me I'm going to take her family name.
>inb4 weakling faggot kek.
I hate my family, they made my life hell until I left my house and I haven't spoken with any of them since then.
That's going to be a huge fuck you to them.
>>
>Getting married

good joke o pi
>>
>>24115653
Get you faggot cuk
>>>/lgbtumblr/
>>
Looks like she already plans the divorce and doesnt want to change back name afterwards.

Dont want to marry anyway, so its hardly a thing worth thinking about.
>>
File: absolutely 2015.png (117 KB, 763x652) Image search: [Google]
absolutely 2015.png
117 KB, 763x652
>>24115675
I MEAN COME ON I T S 2 0 1 5

M
E
A
N

C
O
M
E

O
N

I
T
S

>>
>>24115522
I'll move to Japan, find a rich grill and take her last name desu
>>
I dunno about you but, where I live, a woman changing her maiden name on marriage isn't a common practice.
>>
>>24115825
Here it always was and still is for most parts.
>>
File: 1392522728546.png (275 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1392522728546.png
275 KB, 600x450
I don't care about the literal name so much as the principal of not taking it in marriage. The man is the one that has to swoon and entice the woman to join their new family, to the point where it's considered strange if the man isn't the one asking for a marriage to happen. To not take your future husband's surname is pretty much saying

>"I will marry you, but I want to keep my own last name in case this doesn't end well. No man wants a woman with another man's last name. I've got to keep my options open for the future, right?"

Also, why is socially acceptable, while the man doing the same in the form of a prenuptial agreement so frowned upon?
>>
File: 4ever.png (125 KB, 514x572) Image search: [Google]
4ever.png
125 KB, 514x572
>>24115522
>Married a Korean girl
>it's not customary for Korean women to take the surname of their husbands
>she takes my name anyways because I value my traditions more than she values hers

Is love.
>>
>>24115644
It's a cultural thing I guess. It wasn't until I took a few Spanish classes that I learned you guys either didn't or did the hyphen thing lol
>>
Actually I ended up taking hers when we got married. I don't mind because hers is better, but dad won't talk to me anymore.
>>
File: 1350448946928.jpg (29 KB, 279x304) Image search: [Google]
1350448946928.jpg
29 KB, 279x304
>>24115522
That literally wouldn't happen because she would be my submissive bitch
>>
>>24116348
>I don't mind because hers is better, but dad won't talk to me anymore.
That's strange. I can understand that he may not be thrilled, but that a little too much of a reaction.
>>
Then it's not happening. That's pre-divorce talk. Maybe since I'm just hypothesising I could say I'd learn to use nunchucks should push come to shove.
>>
>>24116393
I mean there's other reasons as well my parents don't like us being together, but changing my surname is something he brings up or uses as ammo.
>>
I don't really care, it's just a name, as long as our names aren't fucking stupid sounding on paper, whatever is fine to me.
>>
I wouldn't care cause if I were a woman I wouldn't want to change my last name either. Why change something that's been a part of my life since I was born. It'd be too much work getting used to a new last name. Our kids get my last name though, of course.
>>
Reading this thread makes me happy to know that a good 95% of you will never get married anyways.
>>
File: 1337357341756560.jpg (44 KB, 366x380) Image search: [Google]
1337357341756560.jpg
44 KB, 366x380
>>24116348
You got me b8'd m8
>>
I would allow it, it's just a formality IMO. My surname is pretty horrid.
>>
>>24116723
To be fair, she is/was well established in her profession, so changing her name would have been an annoying hassle while for me it wasn't a serious problem. Also she was the one to propose and take care of the wedding, so it felt customary.
>>
>>24115522
Surenames are stupid and pointless. All they do is identify you to the government. They already have you registered under a number anyway, so what's the point of prettying it up?

I plan on abandoning my slave name when I get my life together anyway, so there wouldn't be a surename for her to take/not take.
>>
>>24115522
I don't really care, but I would insist on the kids getting my surname.
>>
She's not a woman that I'd be marrying then. Probably at least. I could maybe understand under a very limited circumstance that her parents were killed at a young age and she wants to carry on their name, but screw that. You're supposed to be starting a new family and part of that includes taking your husband's name.
>>
File: this kills the man.png (105 KB, 283x302) Image search: [Google]
this kills the man.png
105 KB, 283x302
>>24116765
>>24116459
>>24115596
>>24115543
>>24115813
>>24115825
You fucking weak keks!
Don't you have any respect for your own family and name?
>>
>>24115522
I hate my last name I might change it in the future. However she has to have my name and no Im not taking hers. Thats for kekolds

also
>marrying
>>
>>24115813
>implying rich japanese would want fat autistic /r9k/ shitposter like you
>>
>>24116943
this

i'm not going to subject them to some hyphenated bullshit

but if my wife makes waaay more money than me AND is willing to start a family with me, i'll make the concession and give the kids her last name. because that's some manly shit. an increasing number of women still want to be second fiddle to chad. they just have a higher income with their master's in women's studies, so they want an MBA chad for their trouble. but a woman who says fuck the money, i want to build a life with this man because of his values... they're becoming more rare by the day. i can give credit where credit is due.
>>
>>24116980
No, because there's like 4 last names in this family, last names are nothing to me.
>>
File: gendo.jpg (852 KB, 2300x1639) Image search: [Google]
gendo.jpg
852 KB, 2300x1639
I'd prefer to at least have it hyphenated if we're going to be a family, but whatever, it's her right.

But the real question is what do you think about guys who take their woman's surname?
>>
>>24118151
Faggots who should be gassed. Next question?
>>
>>24115522
>wife
kek
cvck
>>
Asian women like my wife don't take the husband's surname usually so it's okay. My son still will have my surname and that's all that matters.
>>
>>24115522
I insisted she did.
>>
>>24115522
No fucking way. No fucking way. If I'm committing to a lifelong marriage, a fancy wedding, and a real diamond ring, she better fucking take my surname.

And she better be a fucking virgin too.
>>
what the literal hell is the difference?
I never actually realised it always had to be the man's surname, anyway. My parents never married.

I'm not being a betakek or anything but what's so important about the man's surname. is it religion?
>>
>>24115777
you know that you can invent a new lastname (when you get married or otherwise). what would you pick?

>inb4 coxstrong
>>
>>24115522
No
I have a rare last name so I want to pass it on
>>
>>24118305
Jesus, just kill yourself or fuck off back to /r/kekolds
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.