[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is r9k experiences with anti depressants?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: 1424896909076.jpg (363 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1424896909076.jpg
363 KB, 1200x1600
What is r9k experiences with anti depressants?
>>
where is Spoony now? did she died?
>>
>>24114077
Hide all the knives in the house
>>
They will kill your dick. Don't take SSRIs.
>>
BPD here on anti-depressants and mood stabilizers. I'm doing a lot better emotionally, actually have a job and go to university. There are some side effects though, I have a very low sex drive and I gained about 30 lbs since I started taking them, can get dehydrated very easily, lactated once but I've started decreasing what I've been taking. They've helped me a lot in some ways but have been annoying in others
>>
>>24114113
she was posting here exactly a year ago

I wish I could grope her butt desu
>>
>>24114146
Bullshit. They will kill your libido. Masturbating feels like a chore now
>>
I've tried 20+ and none work. Neither does therapy.
>>
>>24114157
Oh, me too, except I'm on two antidepressants and an antipsychotic. I went through 5 different antidepressants until I stuck with what I have. I've put on quite a bit of weight but I was underweight to start with.

One thing though: Never take effexor. The withdrawal is hell, even compared to everything else. Also, sertraline has completely fucked my stomach and I still have constant heartburn even though I stopped it months ago. I can't drink alcohol or fruit juice at all.
>>
>>24114077
I'm yet to respond well to one
I've been put on prozac, sertraline, lexapro and trazadone
prozac and sertraline did nothing
lexapro made me violentlly ill and hallucinate
trazadone made me feel like I was losing my mind, with intense paranoia and hallucinations

>>24114146
all the more reason to use them
>>
>>24114077
nice ass tho
>>
File: whatever.jpg (78 KB, 293x301) Image search: [Google]
whatever.jpg
78 KB, 293x301
>>24114146
>>24114334
SNRIs can do it too.

>be on Cymbalta
>delayed ejaculation side effect
>have hour+ long sex sessions with gf because I can't get off
>sometimes I wear myself out to the point of nausea trying to orgasm
>switch drugs
>side effect goes away
>can masturbate to ejaculation in about 5 minutes now, and can only last about 15-20 minutes during sex
>she complains even though the new drugs make my mood much better

I just can't be happy either way.
>>
File: spons (2).jpg (719 KB, 2156x1920) Image search: [Google]
spons (2).jpg
719 KB, 2156x1920
>>24114113
She had a Tumblr that a few /robots/ knew about that she kept public on the provision that it didn't get linked here. Well people kept linking it so she baleeted, made a new one, it kept getting linked so she baleeted again but for good this time (/r9k/ never learns kek).
I think she's at college/university. Last post I saw her make was when she said it was her birthday, back in August.
>>
>>24114077
placebo

a magicpill that is gonna make you happy and turn your life around does not exist
>>
File: 1327978909004.jpg (106 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1327978909004.jpg
106 KB, 554x439
>>24115485
If your brain does have a chemical imbalance it will to some degree though
>>
Why would anyone willingly drug themselves. The effects aren't permanent, you're just gonna need higher doses and when you stop taking them you're back where you were. I know one guy who started taking Lexapro actually. From his own words, he doesn't care about anything and always has optimistic dreams about getting back together with his girlfriend. I wonder how much of it is placebo.
>>
File: 1442163899414.jpg (46 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1442163899414.jpg
46 KB, 540x540
>>24114077
useless. my long struggle with depression ended when I sat down, identified my problems and started working on solving them
taking drugs is not fixing anything, it's just hiding it under the rug. it's not a long term solution
ask me anything if you like
>>
>>24115534
yeah but a chemical imbalance is only 0.1% of all the people whining about depression the rest is just lazy fucks that dont change a single thing in their life and think talking to some shrink and swollowing a pill is gonna fix their shitty lives and make them happy
>>
>>24114271
She used to appear every time she was mentioned in a thread.
>>
>>24114867
How much lexapro did you take daily?
>>
>>24115550

I get this, but is it good to get things started? I want to simply hold a job and save money without being paroniod of getting fired for every word I say, or feeling crazy depressed. I worry so much about everything that I literally end up doing nothing all day.
>>
>>24115863
I can't speak for you but they didn't do a damn thing for me
>>
>>24114132
this desu

lexapro has helped with my anxiety but not much with depression, i get urges to an hero due to 'feeling unreal' (side effect of lexapro)

my sleep is uninterrupted which is great. it changed my apetite in the first month but now its stable

huge drop in libido but i have fetishes that are hard to please anyways

im not male tho so the side effects could be different senpai
>>
>>24114077
It actually finally made me attempt suicide
>>
File: IMG_1165.jpg (89 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1165.jpg
89 KB, 450x450
>>24115578
And I suppose you know this because you spent 8 years in med school and have done numerous clinical trials with an adequate sample size to represent the whole population? Thanks for that amazing revelation, Dr. Anon. I hope your studies are being posted in medical journals around the world.
>>
>>24116132
no problem, i hope i can help many people on /r9k/ save time and actually doing something about their issues themselves instead of talking to some retard shrink and swollowing chemicals
>>
>tfw have no libido so it wouldn't matter
>>
>>24114077
They're only effective for awhile. Eventually your body gets used to them and you're back to being depressed or indifferent.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.