[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some ways I can medicinally combat alcohol withdrawals?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 308x298) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 308x298
What are some ways I can medicinally combat alcohol withdrawals? I've tried smoking weed but that only made my anxiety and shakes worse. What about dxm? If I take a bottle or two of robogels will that help?
>>
coke helped me a lot and it makes you really confident
>>
>>24113216

I have no way of getting coke.
>>
>>24113216

do you mean coca cola or cocaine?
>>
>>24113240
ask niggers in the park
>>
Benedryl could help a bit. It's my go to drug for helping withdrawals. Otherwise a benzo such as xanax or valium is your best bet, but will only act as a taper as they act the same as alcohol.
>>
>Substance abuse got me into this problem so I'll use substance abuse to get out of it

mmk
>>
>>24113378

Fuck off, you have no idea what withdrawals are like and what one needs to do to deal with them.
>>
>>24113199
Wellbutrin
>>
>>24113199

kava or some GHB if you can find a good dopeman. GHB is addictive in it's own right, however. Baclofen is said to work as well
>>
>>24113199
Worth a shot, I've heard of people using dxm for tolerance so maybe it's the same with wds
>>24113216
Is right though. Even though it seems like a stimulant would be horrible for an overactive brain withdrawing from a depressant, I used rc amphetamines during benzo withdrawals and it almost stopped it completely.

Pregabalin/gabapentin or opioids would be the best probably though
>>
File: 1446940477624.jpg (22 KB, 470x430) Image search: [Google]
1446940477624.jpg
22 KB, 470x430
>>24113199
substituting a relatively cheap substance addiction with a possibly illegal and expensive one.
really?
>>
File: 1443738417002.jpg (10 KB, 232x232) Image search: [Google]
1443738417002.jpg
10 KB, 232x232
>>24113199
When you just about cant take it go to the ER and ask for a medical detox. They will give you Librium on a taper for 3 days and then you'll be done.
>>
Smart way is to taper off the alcohol, so it doesn't kill you.

That is, if you are a serious alcoholic. Otherwise use l-theinine and big doses of magnesium citrate.

You pretty much knocked your GABA system totally out of whack like other poster said. DXM , diphenhydromene, and scopalamine aren't going to aleviate your symptoms, and will actually raise your blood pressure.

I got off xanax and it's the exact same withdrawls. Spikes in bloodpressure, anxiety, mild seizures, dysphoria, etc.

Just remember that if you drink anymore alcohol once they have really set it you are cheating yourself and will have to go through it all again. It's the only thing that helped me through the weeks of insomnia and delusional episodes.

You can do it faggot!
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.