[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /r9k/ My aunt just died. Idk how to feel. How do you guys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 446x362) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 446x362
Hey /r9k/
My aunt just died. Idk how to feel.
How do you guys deal with death?
>>
Well, when my childhood friend drowned when I was around 13-14, I honestly thought about our entire friendship for a few days and all the memories we had together.

I wasn't mad or sad I just /was/ for awhile. I skipped his funeral because I didn't want to see him the last time dead. I wanted my memories of him alive and happy.

My school held an assembly a little while to announce his passing and some students spoke. It all hit me all at once when his parents looked at me and just gave me hug and told me he's alright.

People deal with loss differently. If you're numb to it all for awhile, so be it. Absorb all the information and grieve on your own time.
>>
>>24109575
Was this in NY?
>>
>>24109359

Sorry for your loss man.

I've had so many people around me die that I've had to just accept it as part of my life.

Studying eastern religions helped
>>
>>24109591
No. Somewhere in Illinois. I don't even know the exact location he drowned I repressed it that much.
>>
>>24109575
I understand what you mean. My entire family doesn't live in the same country as me so I find it hard becoming emotional over some things. My entire family is really sad but I don't think I can be because I rarely see my family every 2 years or so during holidays. Is there something wrong with me not feeling emotionally connected with my family?
>>
File: 1446778830143.jpg (277 KB, 1383x1600) Image search: [Google]
1446778830143.jpg
277 KB, 1383x1600
my grandma recently died, seeing her in her casket was a hard hit for me, I don't think I'll ever forget that

but she has influenced everything about me and made me who I am, and that influence will carry on to my children and their children eventually

remember anon, you are the accumulation of all the people that are dear to you, those who leave us always leave something precious behind, live on and embrace that something, your aunt would want it that way
>>
>>24109641
Thanks, I think that living away from my family makes it harder for me to accept death because I nearly never see them
>>
Bad Prank u fucking faggot
>>
>>24109359
Drink myself into oblivion
>>
My family steadily died off during my life. All four grandparents, two uncles and one sister. Now it's just my parents and me left. Even though I was close to all of them (except the uncles) I didn't feel anything when they died. The house felt empty for a while when my sister died but now my parents got a dog and it's noisy and messy again. I only dread my parents' deaths because I'm financially dependent on them.
>>
>>24109731
In a short answer: no, nothing is wrong

Like I said, everyone handles the passing of loved ones differently, you know?

My phone was blowing up for a week from classmates, friends etc telling me how they feel and asking how I'm doing etc. They all thought I was heartless or just being an edgy teen because I wasn't bawling my eyes out or devastated, when really I was just coping with the loss of my friend differently than they were. He was on my mind constantly and I felt that was the best way I could comfortably honor his passing.

If you believe in a God, sometimes a small prayer is all you need to get through it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.