[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm now spending all my time watching nostalgic stuff
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
So I'm now spending all my time watching nostalgic stuff from the 90s on Youtube, cartoons, music, adverts, movie trailers etc, desperately wishing to go back to my childhood when I still had hopes and dreams, and before I turned into an absolute failure.

I'm like one of those rape victims who psychologically reverts to a juvenile stage, except I've been raped by reality.

Anyone else fallen into a nostalgia hole?
>>
File: 1425721357470.jpg (305 KB, 1600x2000) Image search: [Google]
1425721357470.jpg
305 KB, 1600x2000
>>24109288
Yes, absolutely, right now listening to 90's eurodance. I wish I was living in a constant circle of a few good years in my choldhood even knowing I didnt like them back those days, now even those ones look awesome for me.
>>
No. I do my best to keep any positive memories forgotten so I don't get depressed over how far I've fallen.
>>
>>24109346

https://youtube.com/watch?v=_06W2zTh9ds

There's some material for ya.
>>
>>24109450
Thanks, anon.
Here's yours.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkVGT__RBKA
>>
>>24109372

But what if you're not generating any new positive memories?
>>
>>24109288
But you can't go back. You'll never be young again and the person you are now isn't that same little boy. Nostalgia will only heighten your depression.
Surely there's something you look forward to pursuing. Why have your given up on your goals?
>>
>>24109288

Who is that girl? Looks familiar.
>>
>>24109288

i so know this feel.

-Morrowind
-Married with Children
-Radiohead (OK Computer through Hail to the Chief era - in fact, Hail to the Chief came out right around the time that my life became a sad dream)
-Still play World of Warcraft from time to time, purely for nostalgia, but even it has changed
>>
>>24110875

cont:

its almost as if, the older i get, each year represents me being forced into a box that i just don't fit into and am incompatible with.

Everyone else lives inside the box, the world is the box, but its just not my world.
>>
>>24110897

further cont:

where the FUCK do i find you guys in real life?

why does it feel like im the only sad-sack of a dude like this in my entire geographic region?

some of you, not most, but some... some of you are genuinely cool. If you share these 90s feel, then i know that makes you a special kind of cool, the kind i might want to hang out with.
>>
>>24110043

Abigail Breslin.
>>
File: VNyk86k[1].png (651 KB, 1067x800) Image search: [Google]
VNyk86k[1].png
651 KB, 1067x800
>>24109583
What about it?blox
>>
>>24111004

You'll end up putting a gun in your mouth.
>>
im listening linkin park watching some dbz amvs and looking my old shit that i used to draw when i was a child, shit
>>
File: 1443563251080.webm (102 KB, 400x466) Image search: [Google]
1443563251080.webm
102 KB, 400x466
>>24111553
I'm personally leaning more towards decapitation by train, since I have no access to guns or drugs.
>>
>>24111837

Will these wounds heal?
>>
File: wmacmasters.jpg (36 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
wmacmasters.jpg
36 KB, 300x300
>>24109288

who /WMAC Masters/ here?
>>
File: happy.jpg (27 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
happy.jpg
27 KB, 400x388
This night time line up makes me so nostalgic
I use to watch this shit every night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDToHQeouq8
>>
>>24109288
Do you have any kind of hobbies?

You should make something that reminds you of the 90's

If you can, make it a really big project so you have to draw on many sources of nostalgia during the process

Examples:

>Write a modern sitcom that parodies 90's tropes
>Make some 90's inspired backgrounds/alt art
>Set up 90's action figures/toys and make a photo gallery of poignant scenes/symbolic imagery

Might give you a good outlet
>>
>>24109288
No, because I hated my childhood and the last thing I want to do is re-live it.
But I can't live in the present world around me either. So I've just got nothing. Nothing.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.