[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you being yourself /r9k/ ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
Are you being yourself /r9k/ ?
>>
>>24109031
>being yourself
what a fucking normie question mate
>>
>>24109031
I'm not sure
>>
Funny thing is, every lonely sperg will meme on this quote, see >>24109040 already losing his shit

you cunts need to realize none of you are being yourself, otherwise you wouldnt be depressed sacks of shit on constant suicide watch

instead niggas wallow in fear and self pity on this awful hugbox
>>
>>24109031

>being yourself
always sounds like a good idea until you see how people themselves really are
>>
>We forfeit three-fourths of ourselves in order to be like other people.

Was Schopenhauer a robot?
>>
>>24109058
Yeah be yourself would imply to let normies shit on your for things out of your control and just deal with that. That's what normies call "growing up". Fuck normies.
>>
>>24109104
normies don't exist, it's just a spook in your mentally unstable head
>>
>>24109058
>just do it bro
>>
>be yourself
>get criticized for every thing you do or say that is slightly different than normal
>>
>>24109118
Of course they do. The people who either got lucky in their starting position or the ones who didn't but accepted that and let themselves be shat on by the ones above them. That's what normies are.
>>
>>24109031
Unfortunately yes, I don't think normies are real people though. I feel like before they get out of bed in the morning they put their language filters on, and their action filters too. It's as if they want to lead a boring life of work / come home watch tv with the wife, eat dinner talk and go to sleep. Then on weekends go to a bar or out for dinner somewhere. It doesn't seem real or normal at all to me
>>
>>24109031
Yes. But that means being a phlegmatic and slightly misanthropic loner. I'm still fairly happy with myself though.
>>
>>24109058
Or maybe they're "depressed sacks of shit on constant suicide watch" because they are being themselves.

l2logic tard
>>
>>24109167
I'd rather be a retard then a depressed sack of shit, glad to hear you hate yourself
>>
>>24109147
That life doesn't sound that bad at all to me. What more do you want out of life than working a job you love, a wife who loves you and obedient children excited to see their father home from work?
>>
>>24109147
Where can I find these filters?
>>
you cant be yourself in a capitalistic world. what you consume defines you, so how can you be you?
>>
>>24109200
>I'd rather be a retard then a depressed sack of shit

And this is the fundamental difference between robots and normies. Robots value truth and honesty. They value the truth even if it makes them depressed. Normies would rather be dishonest to themselves and pretty much make themselves retarded if it means "being happy".
>>
>>24109200
Wait so you're acknowledging that you're wrong or you're denying it.
You're confusing me, guy, please type more clearly
>>
>>24109203
Usually they don't love the job, they pretend to.
They kind of like their lives but it's boring and their kids are little shits who don't listen to them
>>
>>24109210
You're born with them, you lose them when you go to /b/ or /pol/ though
>>
Newfags don't even understand why bee urself is a meme

When /r9k/ was slightly more tame (before it got deleted) the normalfags and Chads always came here to give 'advice', were always greeted with "how do I into a gf" and replied "just be yourself", women can tell when you're pretending to be something you're not and it's off-putting.

The problem with this is that when we act the way we are people hate us, or laugh at us. The obvious rebuttal is to change who you are, but why would I want to do that? I may not be perfect, but if I could see what I was doing wrong then I wouldn't be doing it. Changing who you are does not work because you need an objective view to do this.

If you can't change your personality and you can't fake one, you're stuck with being yourself though. You will never into a gf, or at least not any time in the foreseeable future, because you're a shithead just like myself and everyone else on this board. If you want to at least be happy with yourself then you have to accept that you will never have a gf and will never have a place in society. You will be a normie and you will never have what they have. Quit striving for it and just bee urslef :^)
>>
>>24109251
Yeah but in a perfect world, anon...
>>
>>24109267
I don't go on either really, just wish I was normal
>>
>>24109286
No such thing bro. Apparently exercise is where it's at. I used to do it everyday and still felt depressed as fuck
>>
>>24109058
>you cunts need to realize none of you are being yourself, otherwise you wouldnt be depressed sacks of shit on constant suicide watch
What if being myself is being a depressed sack of shit?
>>
>>24109031
I am being myself, which is exactly I'm lonely af.

My true self is a huge faggot in society's eyes
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.