[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>out of liquor > gather all old liquor bottles and combine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5
File: 1399292312026.jpg (9 KB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
1399292312026.jpg
9 KB, 200x189
>out of liquor
> gather all old liquor bottles and combine contents into glass
>no longer out of liquor
Its a good night for an alcoholic here.
Hows /r9k/ doing and whatre you guys drinking?
>>
>>24107392
>be 20
>live in MADD-ruled Burgerland
>get my only overage friend to buy me vodka
>she buys me coconut rum instead

It's disgusting but I can't really complain
>>
>tfw got vodka and jagar but can't even take the smell of it
>>
>>24107392
>be /fit/
>drinking orange juice all night while playing vidya
>downed 2 litres
>mfw stomach is dead
>>
>alcoholic
>just spent three months completely sober
>feel better physically but not mentally, really
>tried my discipline and had three beers yesterday
>didn't feel a thing
>had a poor night's sleep

Shit man. Is this the addict in me trying to find a reason for more drink? I don't know if I dare. What the hell is driving me.
>>
File: 1445983478887s.jpg (4 KB, 114x114) Image search: [Google]
1445983478887s.jpg
4 KB, 114x114
Why do people drink alcohol? Is it tasty? I can never work up the courage to try it.
>>
>>24107599
>Why do people drink alcohol? Is it tasty? I can never work up the courage to try it.
Can't even out-autist alcohol.
>>
>>24107599
It makes you think and feel less
>>
>>24107599
Because being drunk feels good.
>>
>>24107392
>out of liquor
>brewing sugar water into sugar water with alcohol
>only five days in, considering drinking it right now
Fuck, man. I know I should wait until primary fermentation is done at least, but I'm so tempted. For perspective, I usually do primary fermentation for about seven to nine days for this set up. But since I'm going uber-cheap anyway with just fucking sugar water, why not just start drinking? I can already smell the alcohol and et iz stronk boi.

>>24107599
Everything becomes warm and cozy and okay. I've been an aspiring alcoholic since about thirteen, but I respect all levels of drinkers and non-drinkers alike. I do think though that people who never drink are missing out on a small part of life. It can be great fun or a great hindrance. At the end of the day though I don't like people who blame the liquor. We all have choices to make and they are entirely our own. Sorry, ramblings of a drunkard here.
>>
>>24107639
So it's basically self-inflicted depression?
>>
>>24107765
No, it's self-inflicted anythingotherthandepression. It is my nepenthe, at least until it wears off.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 355x362) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 355x362
>>24107599
>Is it tasty?
>>
>>24107599

Look it's individual. Some people turn into assholes, some get tired and nauseous. Some people get mild euphoria or courage. Some just find a moment of solace (but you'll feel twice the worse sooner or later).

As years of abuse go by things change. Moods, hangovers, drinking habits.
>>
>>24107758
just fucking drink it you alcoholic, you've already given up on life. Hire your hitman in small increments of money until there's nothing left of your shell of a life, but at least you'll have the comfort and resulting apathy of alcohol. Someday you'll realize that you've been a mix of drunk and hung over and you don't remember what sober feels like and that will scare you and you will stay drunk just to avoid finding out if you have to go through alcohol withdraws if you stop drinking. Good riddance.
>>
>>24107873
kek, only thing more pathetic than a self-loathing alcoholic is a self-loathing straight-edgefag.
>>
>>24107924
Take another shot, the world is passing you by. I hope your collage of blurry things that you call memories are enough to ward of the taste of dis-contentedness of an unfulfilled life.
>>
>>24107993

Not that guy but out of mere curiosity, are you a former (or current) addict?
>>
>>24108016
Yes. but the robot wouldn't let me leave it at that.
>>
>>24107993

>tfw nearly perfect memory
>tfw drugs do nothing to stop it
>tfw the ride just needs to end
>>
>>24107993
Have fun flipping your "12 Weeks Sober!" chip and talking about how cool your favorite artist is for just saying no while sitting in a circle of twitchy, depressed former addicts.

>>24108016
Sounds like it. I have no problem with people who get back on the wagon, but the self righteousness and very clear projecting is so cringy. Some alcohol would help this fellow be less of a cringefag. Maybe the needle was his thing. Sounds like a guy who sucked some dicks and regretted it later.
>>
>>24108124
Cringe at me all you want, and then try to pretend that voice in your head that asks 'am I over doing it' isn't the exact same one in my throat.
>>
>>24108197
>try to pretend that voice in your head that asks 'am I over doing it'
>refutes my claim that he is projecting
>by projecting
Buddy, not everyone is a miserable quitter like you. You're projecting so hard you could run an outdoor, drive-in movie theater. You probably got like 4K resolution on that screen.
>>
>>24107574
Yes, it is. Dont drink at all.
>>
>>24107392
i found out that i like gin
i drink it in shots ans eventually have a sip of peppermint strawberry lemonade.
i usually drink from 0.5-1l everyday for about a month now
>>
>>24107599
I'm this guy, after reading this thread I'mdiscouraged from even trying. I won't be able to handle the apparent mental turmoil drinkers go through.
>>
>>24108316
Crazy people who drink are still crazy. Sane people who drink are still sane. Scared people who do nothing are still scared people.
>>
>>24108316
Good choice dood, proud of you. Hopefully alcohol isn't totally awesome and you're not making a mistake.
>>
>>24107765
It actually helps me get over my depression and anxiety temporarily.
>>
>>24108353
Hearing my dad come home and barely able to form 4 words together while completely loathing your existence will kind of turn you off of alcohol.
>>
>>24107392
Listerine
>yes I'm at a low point in my life
>>
>>24107599
Makes me more social and less autistic
>>
>>24108493
Did he also drink water? Or drive a car? Or watch violent TV?
You don't blame any of those though. Maybe he's just an asshole?

Asshole + alcohol = drunk asshole.
Decent person + alcohol = drunk decent person.

Are you afraid that if you drink you're gonna instantly become a bad person or something? That's incredibly silly.
>>
>>24108493
Sounds pretty awesome to me...unless you have kids
>>
>>24108545
Why would I want to drink in the first place? That's a better question.
>>
>>24108545
You're incredibly naive. What his dad did do is drink liquor, I've seen nice people turn into monsters over time, you can say that it's a personality thing, but it's not, it's chemical. People aren't people when you strip away their judgment.
>>
>>24107392
>Be me
>Be 18
>Ask some guy to buy me vodka and whiskey
>Give him $30
>His face lights up
>Literally runs to liquor store
>Start drinking with this stranger
>Find out he was a recovering alcoholic
>5 years sober
>He's now homeless
>Lost his job, wife, and kids
>Hasn't stopped drinking in over 2 months
>Mfw

I'm still drinking that vodka.
>>
>>24108581
I don't know. I'm not trying to sell you a new car here. I'm just trying to give you some perspective. Do what you want to do.

>>24108600
See, this is the shit I hate. Everyone has choices to make. If you're too much of a coward to take responsibility for your own actions that's one thing, but making excuses for others is just plain gross.
>it's chemical
Do you know what that chemical is? C2H5OH. All it does is impede the responsiveness of neural synapses. It has absolutely no effect on your emotions. All it does is slow every reaction in your brain down. A lot of people will interpret this as changing your mood, but it doesn't. You would know that if you knew anything about pharmacology. Yet you spout your ignorance for a kick. When your brain is in this state it becomes harder to focus on multiple things at one time. Because of this it is more likely that a person only can focus on one or two things at once. If someone is depressed or angry or feeling any other sort of emotion then it can become easy for them to hone in on that emotion. But that doesn't change the fact that that's what they were already feeling. An asshole who drinks is just gonna be a drunken asshole.
>I've seen nice people turn into monsters over time
That's fantastic. Making a scientific claim based on clearly biased anecdotal evidence.
>>
>>24108601
>I'm still drinking that vodka.
I would've killed that in a couple days. I guess your friend would've killed it faster though, eh.
>>
>>24108767
Haha, yeah. I normally drink a lot of vodka, but I still had half the whiskey, killed it, and kept getting better vodka from my sister. I forgot about that vodka bottle until yesterday.
>>
>>24108735
Alright dude you've convinced me alcohol is good. People don't become addicted to it and change their personality based on that at all, they're just more honest versions of themselves or whatever fantasy you're trying to tell yourself.

how is
>I've seen nice people turn into monsters over time
a scientific claim you absolute retard?

And I think it sort of ceases to become anecdotal evidence when you can go around a room and everyone will have similar stories. Wake the fuck up.

>See, this is the shit I hate

go fuck yourself, stay inside of your cocoon where everything is alright and nothing can hurt you.
>>
>>24108862
>Wake the fuck up.
Kek

I don't know you, but I would bet everything I own that I have a lot more actual life experience than you do and a lot more knowledge on this subject, but you're not interested in hearing someone else's perspective. You have some sort of grudge against someone in your life who drank and did wrong by you. Sorry that happened to you, but you are just plain wrong.

I think the only solution to this is some angry sex since you are clearly quite flustered. Please bend over and arch your back downward.

>>24108852
>I forgot about that vodka bottle until yesterday.
How dare you, sir. I would never.
>>
>>24109019
>I have no cohesive argument.
>umad?
>I'm a lot more experienced than you so I know what I'm talking about I swear
>you're wrong because I say so

Did I miss anything in your shitty post?
>>
File: 1446012591378.jpg (26 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
1446012591378.jpg
26 KB, 600x375
>>24109098
autism pls
>>
>>24109160
Alright cool, didn't think so. Have a nice night, hope it's filled with drinks.
>>
>>24109191
Still so angry. I clearly peeved you, huh? Maybe if you get upset this easily it wasn't your dad drinking and being a shithead at all. Maybe you're just a little bitch and he knew it. I would treat you like shit if I were him too.
>>
>>24108735
>all it does iis impede the responsiveness of neural synapses
>has no effect on emotions

Want to know how I know that you don't know shit about shit?

What you're doing here is common with alcoholics, by the way. It's your life man, just be aware that your choices are making it shorter and shittier.
>>
>>24109019
Well...why drink some fruity ass apple vodka when you have some better vodka in the fridge. I'm not one for sweet liquor.
>>
>>24109244
>your choices are making it shorter and shittier.
Projecting so hard you can use Mars as a backdrop for a stellar drive in theater. Why are you pretending to know my life? I'm anonymous, silly.
>>
File: 1445105473805.png (40 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1445105473805.png
40 KB, 200x200
>>24109282
>I'm not one for sweet liquor.
Yeah, it makes me queasy. Queasier than necessary. I'd rather just have cheap flavorless stuff. If I want to cut it with a Seven Up or something I'd like to do that on my own regulating the proportions. Especially when you can taste it and tell that it's just some cherry flavored corn syrup or whatever that they mixed with it, yuck.
>>
>>24108601
shit thats fucked up man.
>>
>Think I might be heading towards alcoholism
>Have been drinking nearly every night for the last month
>I'm a lot more fun, confident, and sociable when drunk
>When sober I'm quiet and reserved and can be boring
>Feel like I need to be drunk to seem like a normal person.
>Poor impulse control, wake up some mornings telling myself I won't drink that day, but always end up downing a 6-pack of beer anyway.
>Only 19 years old.
>>
>>24109484
>heading towards alcoholism
It's always a choice, anon.
>>
>>24109484
I'm like this too anon, my solution is to die young
>>
>>24107599
It can be tasty but it would cost a lot, so no.
>>
Somersby apple cider, about to hit the Jameson on the rocks however
>>
Cheap, cheap wiiiiiiiiiiiine
>>
>>24108519
Listerine more like get litsterine am I right?
>>
>>24107758
Lel, drinking my shitty fermented sugar water with some fat fast food burgers and fries. Unf what a gud morning. Still awake.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.