[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any hacking proficient /r/obots help?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
So /r/obots,

I am looking to further my studies,
just because I have the time and money to,
also cuz I am bored otherwise - already have 3 degrees
looking for the best fit degree to help me get into hacking-anti hacking, encryption

any tips?

>inb4 gtfo
>>
>>24106928

main reason is because there are stuff I like to do with the internet and I would feel more comfortable if I knew, what the fags that target me, know.

What should I pursue, any help?
>>
File: 1446907044787.gif (607 KB, 800x792) Image search: [Google]
1446907044787.gif
607 KB, 800x792
>>24106928
>install kali
>>
>>24107137
>install kali
linux is definitely the platform anon, but I have enough time/IQ/money to also get relevant education, any tips on that front?
>>
>>24107137
>>24107176

my reasoning is coldly calculative:

In order to hack anything, Tech or Organic, 3 steps are involved:

Step 1: fully understand how something works at a base level.
Step 2: understand the weaknesses of it.
Step 3: exploit those weaknesses

I am interested in mastering Step 1. Kali refers to step 3.

Tips???
>>
>>24107234

If you want to get involved in infosec, work towards relevant certificates.
http://www.tomsitpro.com/articles/information-security-certifications,2-205.html

The CEH is a decent cert that doesn't require work experience (5 day training course). The arguably, best cert in the field, CISSP requires 5 years of relevant work experience. So you would probably need to get some lower level network and security certs like Network+ and Sec+, then CCNA, then CEH, get a job in IT/security, learn on the job, and get a CISSP down the road.

For learning how programs work at a base level you need to learn how programs are analyzed, etc. High level code, machine code, bits, etc.

You will need to read books on computer architecture. A good intro course + book is nand2tetris.

You will also need to have a good understanding of lower level languages such as C and assembly. Pretty much every antivirus company uses IDApro which is a dissassembler and tool used in reverse engineering programs. But you could practice with Ollydbg which is free. This would be a very long learning process.

There's a difference between infosec hacking which mostly deals with using tools to hack over an internet connection, and reverse engineering programs. The latter would be a lot harder to master.
>>
>>24106928
Anything related to IT security. Not sure if there's specific courses for that where you live, though. Development is also very important. A combination of the two is golden.
>>
>>24107430
that's some solid tips anon, thanks

>For learning how programs work at a base level you need to learn how programs are analyzed, etc. High level code, machine code, bits, etc.
guess a computer science degree is a good first step then

>This would be a very long learning process.
I got time, +previous degrees relevant-ish so I got a good head start

>>24107528
Could I get Network+ and Sec+ without first having a degree in computer science?
>>
>>24107626
>Could I get Network+ and Sec+ without first having a degree in computer science?
I don't know your country's awful schooling system, can't answer that question. In my country, you can major in networking and security just fine without any prior education except a high school degree.
>>
>>24107626

you'll need to google around for various cert info.
also, lurk the forums on techexams.net
>>
>>24107692
ok, got everything I needed, /cap and thanks
>>
File: op4kXmr.png (655 KB, 1361x3055) Image search: [Google]
op4kXmr.png
655 KB, 1361x3055
>>24107626

most tech certifications don't need a degree. Actually, they were designed as a way so that people could get into IT without any college education. The tech certifications usually test you on very applied topics which aren't usually covered in university courses.
>>
>>24106928
>looking for the best fit degree to help me get into hacking-anti hacking, encryption
I guess this is dependant upon country but in the UK i would probably say Forensic Computing. Sat in on a few of their masterclasses etc. while doing my CS degree and it's probably the closest thing there is.

>>24107002
Then definitely Forensic Computing.
>>
File: FactSkeleton.gif (33 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
FactSkeleton.gif
33 KB, 300x100
>>24106928
Why even try, kid?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.