[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /socialanxiety/ here? >Always check my headphones in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
File: 1446926978902.jpg (39 KB, 998x720) Image search: [Google]
1446926978902.jpg
39 KB, 998x720
Who /socialanxiety/ here?

>Always check my headphones in public every 10 seconds to make sure no one can hear my music
>Avoiding neighbors constantly
>Run away from social situations in general
>Shut-in as fuck
>Always worry too much about what other people think
>I usually get really really anxious at least once a month, head get filled with crap and I can't rest for a minute
>>
You just described me down to a T, OP
>>
You just described me, OP :/
>>
Holy shit! You just described me OP
>>
>>24105596
Once a month? Nigga you have it on easy mode. I have at least 2 panic attacks per day and that's with medication. Suck on that
>>
My social anxiety has ruined any possible chance at living a normal life. At least I'm still complacent with life as is, it's still very possible to live a happy life despite being unable to participate in society properly.
>>
>>24105596
>tfw you have to go out for classes
>tfw walking into class
I can't take it bros.
>>
>>24105596
I cringe at least once a day and think if witnesses of my cringe remember that moment and how do I get out if it's ever brought up.
>>
>>24105700

I'd probably get way more attacks if I wasn't such a shut in.
Being with people makes me anxious but once someone says something about me I can get panic attacks within seconds.
>>
>>24105669
>>24105664
>>24105624
You just described them OP. Feel good.
>>
>>24105596
stop listening to weeb music if youre insecure

be one of those retards who doesnt give a fuck about anyone and assume everyone else is retarded nerd
>>
File: 1446452279609.jpg (54 KB, 505x480) Image search: [Google]
1446452279609.jpg
54 KB, 505x480
>>24105700
>my life so much worse than everyone else.
>please pay attention to me.
>>
>>24105813

I don't really listen to weeb music, not addicted to anime as well.

I usually laugh at people who eat shit all their life and stay positive, or anyone else who can't criticize his own life.

Yeah, I'm bitching about my mental disorders on 4chan. I probably seek for attention as I can't really get any in real life. I might be a crybaby. Some people will tell me to go outside, meet people, open up. I don't give a shit as they have no real clue.
That might sound really bad, but It's way better than eating shit all your life and pretending everything's okay.
>>
>>24105900

Seriously, get off /r9k/ if that's what you're going to post.
Shit hurts people.
I'm not even the same guy but man the fuck up and if you don't like it go to trash boards like /b/ (Or literally http://boards.4chan.org/trash/).
>>
>>24105942
Format a board like this for easier hyperlinking:
>>>/trash/
>>
>>24105942
>>24105958
Maybe its cuz I've been gone a while, but since when did this board exist?

Isn't this just /s4s/?
>>
File: 1446949644444.jpg (170 KB, 576x563) Image search: [Google]
1446949644444.jpg
170 KB, 576x563
>>24105596
>Always check my headphones in public every 10 seconds to make sure no one can hear my music
>on multiple occasions have tested the volume so I know how loud it has to be for people to hear my music
>still lower volume when walking past someone
it hurts being like this
>>
>>24105596

I know that feel OP :/

i just wish i wasn't so scared of people in general because i truly would like to have some social interaction in my sad fkn life.
>>
>>24106290
It was made yesterday. Apparently it's a literal containment board where off topic threads get moved to.
>>
>>24105596
>wearing headphones in public
seriously stop doing this
>>
>>24106500
huh. thanks for explaining!
>>
>>24105596
I want to be your friend. Let me help you.
>>
Anyone tried Zoloft? My doc prescribed it, but I've heard some bad stories...
>>
Heres a few more feels for you guys:

>tiptoeing to the kitchen at work to make a coffee so nobody will come talk to me
>literally peeking around doorways so i can avoid talking to people
>pretending to be interested in a text message when people walk past you
>enter bathroom, check if anyone is in there before doing business, if there are people in there, wait until they leave before entering
>always use the self serve line even if its way longer than the cashier line
>avoid buying food/clothes until the last minute because have to go to a store to get them
>silently panic when someone sits next to me on the bus
>refuse help from people even if you are struggling and need help
>overwhelmed and need help at work, "Need some help anon?" "No thanks, I'm fine"
>>
>>24105700
>my social anxiety is worse than your social anxiety
>>
>>24105942
>he can't link to other boards
>>
>>24105596
Why do you even wear headphones at all? I don't have social anxiety but I feel like wearing a pair would make me look like a retard.
>>
>>24105596
iktf OP. I also get really anxious with distant relatives, they are the worse. I avoid them like the plague whenever one of them comes over to visit my mom.
>hey anon, how are you?
>any plans for college?
>thinking of getting a job?
>have a girlfriend maybe?
my mom gets upset with me sometimes cause i immediately bolt whenever someone knocks on the door or rings the bell, feels bad man
>>
>>24106521
>>24106668
I agree, but I think he meant earphones. No one really calls them earphones though.
>>
>>24105700
>your suffering is invalid because my suffering is worse

Back to tumblr
>>
>Someone says hello to me, I say hello back
>Feel profound confusion and can't shake the feeling of being watched for the rest of the night

It kind of hurts feeling unwanted, and being outnumbered at all times, but I wouldn't want to be any other way. People are nothing but trouble, I'd be happy if they could all die and leave me in peace.
>>
Anyone here want to be my internet boyfriend?
>>
>>24105596

I thought I was the only one ;_;

>tfw manually walking
>tfw you look at a mirror and all of a sudden you can't function and have to go home
>>
>>24106900
Do you play xiv.....
>>
>>24106933
I've been looking for an excuse to. European servers?
>>
I always try to have the volume high because it helps me ignore my surroundings, but make sure no one but me can hear it.
>>
>>24105596
Same.
>can't even go out because I usually get panic attacks.
>make people order food for me.
>Avoid everyone.
>even feel anxious around my mom.

Fuck my life.
>>
>>24107003
Whenever the delivery person shows up I make someone else get it for me, but it's become a regular thing for my mom. She's probably disappointed that I care so much what people think. I don't even like going outside because I'm afraid of people looking at me.
>>
>>24106986
unfortunately no, NA

>tfw no xiv gf
>>
>>24107089
That sucks. I really wanted a catboy healer as my steady.
>>
>>24107044
Me too. The thought of having a lot of people look at me literally makes me shake.
>>
File: utherecumhear.gif (256 KB, 333x249) Image search: [Google]
utherecumhear.gif
256 KB, 333x249
Does anyone here also have nightmares beause of social anxiety?

>presenting a work at school
>presentation is decent, mostly due to my colleagues input
>even after the presentation is over the stress built is still there
>start to worry about what other classmates thought of the presentation
>go home incredibly stressed, can't do anything so try to sleep
>have classical naked nightmare, where you need to get home somehow without getting people to notice you're naked
>wake up in the middle of the night, hot, with a headache, worrying about people's opinions in many different ficticious scenarios

Why would our wiring evolve to be this way is completely beyond me. Doesn't seem to bring any advantage whatsoever.
>>
>>24107750
The theory goes that worrying about how you're going to appear in social situations is advantageous to creating strategies to cope in difficult social situations, but people like you and me don't have the positive experience from younger life where you can get away with making mistakes (allegedly) to build those strategies off of, so we're left with the fire under our asses to 'get us going' but nowhere to go as we slowly burn up in our fears.
>>
>>24105596
Come back when you get blackouts from the constant stress and anxiety and you're unable to leave the house because of the fear of encountering people you've avoided. I've suffered like this for years and almost nothing helps except having total control (as in having the house for myself which means nobody will come over and nobody will call except for my parents). SSRI/SNRI only fucked me up more. Only thing that works is exposure but i'm too fucked at this point. Well amphetamines work but they also fuck you up in other ways and makes you crash like a motherfucker. Benzoes does almost nothing for me.
>>
>>24107826
Makes sense.
Honestly, I can handle the daily stress. I used to have panic attacks, but exercising everyday and getting hobbies did the trick to end them, it's been more than a year since the last one.
But the the torture inflicted by my subconscious during the night is what fucking kills me. The bastard keeps annoying me, saying "smoething's wrong, better worry about it!!" and not even a hint of a solution.
Einstein said he found solutions to his problems during his sleep. If I could get only one solution during mine I'd be the happiest man alive.
>>
>>24108130

I know this feel. And if the worrying leads to insomnia it's just twice the worse. Haven't worked out a way around it. Physical exhaustion is one way of course. Drugs, well, too much addiction potential in me.
>>
>>24105596
I feel like I'm reading my own post because you pretty much just perfectly described me I even constantly check that my headphones aren't too loud when I'm out in public too.
>>
>tfw don't go outside because people will look at me
>tfw can't make a phone call without hours of prep in advance and sweating balls during
>tfw can only post feels on 4chan because anonymous
>the though of having an account/name any thing by which other people can identify me with scares me
>tfw get scared shitless whenever someone rings the bell of the apartment and sit there quietly hoping they'll please leave
>>
The other day I participated in an icebreaker event where you were forced to talk to strangers. I've come such a long way and am rather proud of myself.
>>
>>24106900
age? post email let's exchange pics
>>
>>24105596
I have to take a xanax before going out in public or I'll die.
Even with medication it is a nasty feeling, the xanax depresses me and is almost as bad as panic.
>>
>>24107750
it's supposed to prevent you from making blunders which could severely damage your status and hence ability to get mates and breed.
>>
>>24105596
I wasn't like this when I was a little kid, and I was even elected to be part of the school council. But it gradually developed in high school. No one cared about me in the prom.
>>
>>24108798
Same here, once i got into high school I don't how but it just happened. Before then I could do presentations in class like anyone else there, but eventually throughout high school I wouldn't even do the assignment and get 0's as long as I didn't have to go through a presentation. My teachers would constantly scold me about it saying that everyone had to do it, not just me, but I just said I wouldn't do it. Eventually they started getting the idea something was wrong with me and offered alternatives like just doing the written work.
>>
Not as many robots with social anxiety as I thought there'd be
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.