[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Visual Snow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: 7994529.jpg (669 KB, 692x673) Image search: [Google]
7994529.jpg
669 KB, 692x673
Who /visualsnow/ here?

>tfw all my life I've thought this is the way people see
>few months ago discover it wasn't normal
>ask my family if they see the small dots too
>silently cry as I realize I will never the see the true world
>notice other things I never knew like squiggly lines in the sky
>tfw is getting worse and reality is state ting to become a dream
>>
>>24101794
How could you go through life without ever noticing this? Is reading difficult? Have you gotten an official diagnosis from a doctor?
>>
You might be eligible for a disability pension bro. I'm sure you could spin your snow to be worse than it is.

You get a free ride. You beat the system.
>>
Looks like low-sampled physics-based renders.
>>
What's with game devs and film grain?
>>
had this for a few years after a drug induced psychotic break.
had tinnitus my whole life but only found out others dont at about 14
>>
>>24102051
>a drug induced psychotic break
What drug, man? That must be some serious shit to fuck up your vision permanently.
>>
Is that really not normal? I thought HD vision was only possible with glasses.
>>
>>24101794
That's just a normal picture of a mug though?
>>
>>24102199
anon...
(i have been mooted)
>>
>>24102099
Not him but supposedly large amounts of LSD during a lifetime alone with other drugs such as MDMA, Meth, LSA, DXM, etc etc can occasionally cause temporary or permanent visual snow. I have also read stuff about shadows in the peripherals of vision and moving items that don't exist.
>>
>>24102099
when I was younger I asked my older brother to get me some marijuana to try, instead he gave me that designer drug stuff "spice" but told me it was marijuana so I intook it very liberally thinking not all that much could go wrong.
the first day I was pants on head insane then for about 3-4 days I was still pretty fucked up with delusions and confusion then for maybe 2 years or so I seemed to have suffered from "Hallucinogen persisting perception disorder" which included depersonalization, Derealization, brain fog, visual snow and anhedonia.
pretty much over it now except the anhedonia part..
>>
Must have seen my post about DR/DP disorder and visual snow.

I have both.

We meet again, anon. Common sights include:
black dots/voids in my vision
millions of white dots in the sky when i look at it (entoptic phenomenon or something like that)
floaters
flashing lights outside my vision
afterimages
static
etc.

As someone with the condition, I seriously doubt yours is as bad as the image you posted.
>>
Wait, so seeing this is a bad thing? I get it all the time, but I thought it was just from thinking.
>>
>>24102376
>>24101794
When you guys look at lampposts at night does the light blur and get all JJ Abrams-tier lens-flare-y and out of focus? I have glaucoma and astigmatism and I can't tell if this is a totally normal thing or if I'm seeing things wrong.
>>
>>24102455
>When you guys look at lampposts at night does the light blur and get all JJ Abrams-tier lens-flare-y and out of focus? I have glaucoma and astigmatism and I can't tell if this is a totally normal thing or if I'm seeing things wrong.
It took me a minute to understand what you were asking. You mean like the light beams shoot out from the source and it gets blurry and shit? The light rays reach out towards you and shrink away when you get close?

Yeah. I always get that. I always attributed it to unfocused eyes, though.
>>
>>24102099
>implying

I fucked up my sensory homunculus with drugs. Now sometimes I stretch off infinitely into the background, encompassing all the space that exists behind me, sometimes I feel the size of a small child, and I have OBE's every night in bed.
>>
>>24101794
OP do you have to focus on it to see it?
for me the snow isn't as pronounced if i'm not staring at a certain object for to long but once i do i start to notice these dancing tiny dots moving all together thousands of them. just know you are not alone op and there is nothing wrong with us.
>>
>>24102639
>and there is nothing wrong with us.
sufferer here

there is by definition something wrong with us. don't kid yourself.
>>
>>24101794
I think I have a mild case of this.

Not as bad as OPs pic, but still pixelated somewhat especially in darkly lit areas. My eyes are also extremely sensitive to bright lights as well, and I have something similar to this anon >>24102455.
>>
Wait that's not normal? I've had these tiny dancing dots in my vision all my life, are they in a certain color for you guys? For me they are just no color at all, pretty weird actually. Usually I don't notice them if I'm busy or something.
>>
>>24102761
The bright stars is blood pressure. The snow is a bit different, almost as if someone is running a filter on your vision. Like the signal on the TV is not working. Stars feel like they are there.
>>
>>24101794
Happens sometimes. Well, it happens all the time, but I only notice it sometimes.
I always thought it looked like electric charge. Like magnetic snow, swirling around on any suitable background. Crawling up the legs of shadows, twisting into newtonian rings. It doesn't bother me much. Nobody ever sees the "true" world anyway.
>>
>>24102761
Colorless dots too. We will never see the true world ;_;
>>
What the hell I thought everyone had this. FUCK why'd you bring this to my attention.
>>
>>24101794
>>24102393
>>24102761

If it's this its normal, mein fahm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_field_entoptic_phenomenon#/media/File:Blue_field_entoptic_phenomenon_animation.gif
>>
>>24102849
It looks exactly like static on a tv but no bright stars.
>>
>>24102099
I have taken enough drugs to kill a pack of elephants. After a binge I finally got sober but would see shadows and black dots move around in my peripheral vision, I thought they were bugs at first but it was just craziness
>catch a eggs
>how my brain felt after a binge
>>
File: fc,550x550,white.jpg (35 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
fc,550x550,white.jpg
35 KB, 550x550
>>24103026
It gets worse when you notice it. Enjoy
>>
you guys ever stare at a blue sky and seen two black spots iwth smaller black spots getting sucked into them? I wish I could remember what the phenomenon was called. I saw it in a science magazine once and finally realized it wasn't just me.
>>
>>24102361
Holy shit. Are you on good terms with your brother? If that happened to me I'd be pissed
>>
Are you on meds OP? If you're not taking meds I have no idea why you have this. When I stopped taking meds the visual snow went away but I think the tinnitus will be with me till the day I die. It's fucked up. I don't think doctors and pharm companies fully understand what their shit does to people in the long term. Call me ignorant since they have degrees and I don't but I'm just calling it like I see it.
>>
>>24101794
I get this bad if my left eye is closed, it never shuts down. Gradually my left eye will focus on the darkness and my right eye vision goes dark and fuzzy.

Normally yeah if I focus I see little fuzzes everywhere. Are you highly sensitive to light by any chance?
>>
File: 1442629091932.jpg (56 KB, 543x600) Image search: [Google]
1442629091932.jpg
56 KB, 543x600
>>24101794
>tfw HPPD

I kind of know how you feel, OP. But let me tell you, VSS is, in my opinion nowhere near as bad as HPPD.

>essentially on an acid trip 24/7/365
>visual snow
>trailing phenomenon
>ghosting/double vision
>starbursting
>halos
>false perceptions of movement
>distorted perception (warping/bending walls, "breathing" objects, perspective distortions)
>macroscopia and microscopia
>depersonalization and derealization
>BFEP
>tfw my vision will never be normal again

HPPD, basically, is sensory disinhibition caused by hallucinogen use, typically LSD, but in my case DPH taken at deliriant doses. In essence, the filter placed over your sense by your brain is removed/damaged so now all this noise and visual garbage starts to get through. For some people, it's mild and is more of nuisance than anything. For others, like me, it's a life altering, permanent and distressing disorder.

Not to mention, but I also have major depressive disorder, panic disorder and a mild case of schizophrenia brought about by the DPH abuse. I'm on meds, but all they really do is just keep me calm and keep me from completely losing my shit (like almost did when I first got HPPD).
>>
>>24103253

That's completely normal, m8.

>>24101794

Yeah, I've got that. I don't really notice it, though, unless I've cause to. It's not nearly as bad as pictured in the OP.

I don't really know how to describe it. It's just something that's there and always has been.
>>
>>24103528
I have every single one of those symptoms with DR/DP disorder and visual snow.

Never done a hallucinogen in my life.
>>
>>24103320
no
I was always a very forgiving person and after I fried my brain even more so, I think I have only ever been mildly peeved a handful of times the past 5 years or so.
He has a very "dindu" personality and has never apologized and has even joked about the episode on occasion but still for some reason it never aroused anger.
a psychiatrist I was seeing for insomnia and what I thought might be depression diagnosed me with Schizoid personality disorder.

>>24103492
slut
>>
>>24103528
Ever experienced blue/purple hyperspace vision?

>>24103551
Not a slut :(
>>
File: eye-floaters-remedies.jpg (167 KB, 1033x536) Image search: [Google]
eye-floaters-remedies.jpg
167 KB, 1033x536
>>24102761
Like this?

Im pretty sure the squiggles are dead blood vessels loose in your eyeball jelly, and the circles with a dot are red blood corporsals. Everyone has them, they show up best when you look at clear blue sky
>>
>>24103548
Some people get HPPD-like symptoms without the use of hallucinogens. It's not unknown, they just don't have a term for it, so it broadly falls under the category of visual snow. In order to be diagnosed with HPPD you have to have done hallucinogens, it's required for a diagnosis (according to the DSM-V).

>>24103548
Can't say that I have. Although, there have been times where I've been walking towards something and despite getting closer to it, it seems to be moving away (perspective distortions). Sometimes, it also seems like I can see into things. Let's say I'm looking at wall, I might see a spiral or hole going through the wall and off into eternity.
>>
I have it but I've never done drugs,When it first started happening was when I started having anxiety problems so I just assume it's something to do with the that.
I was depressed for a while because I knew I would never see the world properly.
I've pretty much gotten over it though.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.