[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You guys have to stop being depressed and realize that the world
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: EVERYONE needs to see this.jpg (20 KB, 602x400) Image search: [Google]
EVERYONE needs to see this.jpg
20 KB, 602x400
You guys have to stop being depressed and realize that the world needs you.
>>
File: 1435320100848.jpg (39 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
1435320100848.jpg
39 KB, 500x380
Nobody needs me.
Men generally aren't needed in today's society at all.
The government has completely replaced us.
>>
all the world seems to want from me is to be a sucker and get routinely fucked over just to make a few jews and the lizard overlords some shekkels
>>
>never done anything good for anyone
>always a nuisance or hinderance or at best someone to laugh at
>>
File: 145614547586.gif (457 KB, 180x166) Image search: [Google]
145614547586.gif
457 KB, 180x166
The world would be different without me, but not incomplete
>>
>>24101544
>nothing would be the same if you did not exist
my mom probably wouldnt have to take pity on me so i guess theyre right
>>
>>24101544
Could be me that's why the world is a piece of shit.. who knows
>>
>>24101544
Fuck the world. Tell you what, when aliens deliver into my hands the means to exterminate mankind, then I'll aid the world.
>>
>>24102341
There are people's actions and events that lead up to you being the very person you are and whatever it is you did that made the world a piece of shit. Therefore the blame is never entirely on a single person, but on an incomprehensibly vast amount of phenomena that has taken place since the dawn of time. If believe determinism is true, that is.
>>
>>24102507
Determinism is objectively and undeniably true.
>>
Simply because my existence has an effect on the universe does not mean that it is a beneficial or even substantial effect.
>>
>>24102624
>Causality can be violated
You're dumb as shit.
>>
>>24102624
>>24102697
Wait a second. I thought you said determinism WASN'T true. Nevermind.
>>
>>24101544
Wait, really? Well shit why didn't someone tell me every other male in existence had dropped dead.
>>
>>24101544
omg thats soo deep

thanks for britening up my day :)

#livelaughlove
>>
>>24101544

>MUH Butterfly Effect

Fuck. Off.
>>
>>24101544
Consider this: The universe, in which our world and reality resides, is unbelievably massive in scale. Just consider the human species as an example. There are close to 7 billion humans on this planet. You are but one of these human. You interact, in your lifetime, with hundreds, maybe thousands of other humans, even if only once and in some non-meaningful way. Compared to the size of the human population, this is an incredibly small amount of people. Not to mention, many of your interactions with these people are so small in nature that they have almost no meaning.

What this means is that, in the vast scale of the universe, our world, our reality, and our species, your existence and the actions you perform within your existence are inconsequential. They little to no effect on the events of the future. Arguably, you can make your existence so that your actions do effect future events (e.g. Hitler, Stalin, bin Laden, Gandhi, MLK, etc.), but even then, this number of people who were able to effect future events in such an immense way is incredibly small, relatively speaking. This means that your life is very likely going to have no impact on the future at all, aside from those who are close to you in a social sense.

Also consider this, the author of this meme (not even sure what to call it) is misinterpreting the meaning of that sentence and those following, chronologically speaking that is. And, in actuality, the author of that sentence is implying something that for the most part isn't true. Where people are today and where they will be tomorrow is not determined solely by your own existence. Your parents, up until your birth, were unaffected by your existence. The world was unaffected by your existence. Everything until that point had already been determined. Once you came into existence, you began to move with the present. Because you are moving with the present you have no effect on the events of the future, micro or macro in scale.
>>
>>24101544
>nothing would be the same if you did not exist
Yeah it would be different for the better t bh.
>>
>>24102624
It's false son, look up The Dome classical mechanics thought experiment retard.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.